Post-Game Talk: #4| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | June 5th | 7:15 PM | F/W 4-1

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I think Barzal figured out what it takes to win and that he needs to shoot more and battle hard in tight area to be successful in games where you are not allowed much time and space to fancy doodle. He may have watched the Vegas last game against Avs and saw that Vegas was shooting from anywhere anytime and always driving to the net, making life hard for the talented fast Avs team with the those determined quick attacks from all their 4 lines.

I don't want to discount Barzal's play the past couple games but I think the difference is when Islanders at home Trotz gets to do the line matchups. No coincidence Barzal has 6 points in 5 home games and 1 point in 5 road games. On the flip side if you look at Pageau's stats, he seems to produce better on the road(6 points vs 3 points(I ignore the empty netter)) and that generally seems to be because he seems to get lesser matchups on the road.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Great to see Barzal will this team to victory. That is what is expected from time to time for a player of his caliber.

Awesome gutsy performance by the team, no passengers tonight. Maybe Barry rewatches that Palmieri goal and gives him a look on the top line, probably not.

I thought Zajac was an unsung hero, definitely exemplified "True Pro". For a guy who just got here and has been a healthy scratch, he defended his teammates and brought it to the Bruins like he's been a lifelong Islander. Laid a couple good hits and was in their face in every scrum, that doesn't go unnoticed.

ID line is buzzing, they still have some fuel in the tank and hopefully they can feed off the hostile atmosphere on the road.

Have a great Sunday everyone, going to sleep good tonight!

I'd prefer Whalstrom's overall game (assuming he's healthy); TZ has been solid, especially if we needed a 4th liner. This guy was a 60 pt, 2nd liner; to see him degenerate, well.

There are so many unsung heroes on a blue collar team, but for me, it's Clutter. He does his job every single day; those days you don't want to work, Cal does his thing, and loves it! This includes past years, of course.

Medvescak

Kid Calder
Mar 22, 2018
Best 60 minute effort I’ve seen from them since before the trade deadline. That 8 minute stretch after Barzy’s goal was an absolute clinic on how you protect a lead late in a game. Gave them damn near nothing...

Very proud of the effort against a tough team to play against. When we play like we did tonight, there isn’t a team in the league we can’t beat.
upload_2021-6-6_7-44-39.gif

Reactions: RWWallpaper

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He's like any player on the Isles. Really, the reason I found this lovable dysfunctional group of Isles fans was Barzal. I was a fan of his, which resulted in me posting here. Then I fell in love with this team, I loved the coaching, The Mgt, the role players. I said hey these fans are knowledgable and passionate as heck, I think I will stick around. But Barzal to me now is just one of the Isles now. I like a lot of players on this team. Maybe even love them. Casey to Pelech. Barzal was not playing well, and he sure tested my patience. But the fan in me also knew him, he would work himself out of it. He cares, he is team first. He will still frustrate us by trying to be too fancy, to pass off when he should shoot. But one thing I have learned, don't doubt him. I am glad he came through tonight. And this brings me to this. After Bruins took the lead, and were jiffed by the Refs. He comes back with this shift like F the refs. I am going to will our team to a W. Love this sequence, love this team. This goal kind of explains what the Isles are.

Beauty. NBC kept showing the pass; Barzal made that happen a while ago. That was as beautiful as Pelech's breakups.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
This Joe Micheletti narrative about Barzal needing to learn the difference in regular season vs playoffs is off the mark.

Barzal has ABSOLUTELY struggled this year for… reasons. But he has also been one of the Isles more effective and producers in his two previous playoffs.
Nhl network put up a stat last night were Barzal is third in islanders history in playoff points in there first 30 games. Two of the best ever to play the game Potvin and Bossy are ahead. That’s pretty good I would say.

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
This is one of the weirdest “line in the sand” kinda arguments in hockey still. How can anyone be bothered by someone typing or saying we over they? It’s often the younger fans using we also so like lol

I have the we/they argument with myself when I podcast. I constantly correct myself.

You know, when I actually podcast.

lol

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I suppose I can understand, although I completely disagree with, the logic of calling it a slash: if you call a spear a spear, it's an automatic five and match, which is why the league is scared to call it. The ref made the right call initially, but was overruled.

I hope the DOPS looks at it and gives him a game or two, although I'm not optimistic.

Reactions: MJF

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I suppose I can understand, although I completely disagree with, the logic of calling it a slash: if you call a spear a spear, it's an automatic five and match, which is why the league is scared to call it. The ref made the right call initially, but was overruled.

I hope the DOPS looks at it and gives him a game or two, although I'm not optimistic.
Maybe he needed to lose his lunch on the ice after getting “slashed” in the nuts for it the be a spear. I couldn’t believe that got overturned. This reviewing of major penalties is stupid... I don’t get it at all.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Look - this is the NHL playoffs. NO ONE can dominate - it’s not that easy... go ask Crosby, Matthews, Marner, Ovechkin, McDavid, Draisaitl.

All players have to fight and dig deep this time of the year. The kid showed up tonight in a big way. 31 f***ing points in 40 career playoff games. He has been playing a 200’ game not sure what the f*** your watching.

I don’t even know what you mean by the last paragraph and you know what I don’t care.

I Don’t trust you - I Think you’re trolling this board - I don’t like your Poster name And you’re clearly trying to get a rise out of folks.

Last time I acknowledge you here.

GO Isles!

Great post.

Now do it right after the game.

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
great game and great series to watch thus far aside from game 1. last night was amazing!!! im so amped the series is tied
2-2!!! varly still scares me though. he looks nervous at times and it makes me super nervous...

as far as the you cant say we, thats the most rediculous statement i ever heard!!! so many of us have been rooting for this team since the dynasty years and have spent 10s of thousands of dollars supporting this team if not more over the years through the purchase of season tickets or just individual game tickets along with merchandise and food at the arenas which all goes to supporting the salaries of the players therefor it gives us the RIGHT TO SAY WEEEE when talking about OUR TEAM! if you dont like it then get the fkkkkkk off the forums!! did u ever play a sport in your life?!?!? smhdh

Edit- on a side note, its amazing what happens when palms plays alongside barzy. hope trotz decides to do a little more of that when so many been saying to do that all along! that was such a sweet goal with an awesome setup from barzy!

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I wouldn't think so after it was reviewed, it'd make the NHL look worse. The correct call was made on the ice, it was reviewed and reversed, only to then suspend the player? That'd be so funny.

more like Chewbacca

That's Palmieri.

Jackie was at the game?

Yep.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Maybe he needed to lose his lunch on the ice after getting “slashed” in the nuts for it the be a spear. I couldn’t believe that got overturned. This reviewing of major penalties is stupid... I don’t get it at all.
I think the reviewing is to prevent the situations like last year, where the bad call changed the whole game.

But changing the call last night was just wrong.

Reactions: potvinsocks and JKP

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
You guys want a few laughs read the GDT on the Bruins board. According to them, Barzal's goal hitting it out of mid air straight into the net was a "fluke goal." Marchands goal the other night in OT was a "beautiful shot." The NBC announcers last night was "rooting for the Isles and basically a NY broadcast." Oh, and also "Barzal was a wussy" for going down after being speared and we are the "biggest divers in the league."
And this is not 1 or 2 idiots. This is 95% of the posts on that board. While you see plenty of posts on our board saying how tough Rask has been to beat or how great their first line is, etc. You are hard pressed to find a single post on their board of anything acknowledging a positive thing about the Islanders.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
You guys want a few laughs read the GDT on the Bruins board. According to them, Barzal's goal hitting it out of mid air straight into the net was a "fluke goal." Marchands goal the other night in OT was a "beautiful shot." The NBC announcers last night was "rooting for the Isles and basically a NY broadcast." Oh, and also "Barzal was a wussy" for going down after being speared and we are the "biggest divers in the league."
And this is not 1 or 2 idiots. This is 95% of the posts on that board. While you see plenty of posts on our board saying how tough Rask has been to beat or how great their first line is, etc. You are hard pressed to find a single post on their board of anything acknowledging a positive thing about the Islanders.
Marchand is one of the biggest embellishers in the league

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Great pushback from the isles, after what could have been a crushing game 3 loss.
I love how physical and chippy this series has been.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I think many of the Bruin fans expected to easily roll over the isles.

It's not happening,so it's the refs fault or it's the Bruins injuries ( as if Lee & Wally aren't also injured).
Just enjoy the salty tears.

Reactions: Satan'sIsland81

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
This is one of the weirdest “line in the sand” kinda arguments in hockey still. How can anyone be bothered by someone typing or saying we over they? It’s often the younger fans using we also so like lol

I wasn't the one making it a "line in the sand" argument.

If you go back to the original post, I was addressing the concept that if you used "they" instead of "we", you're not a real fan or something. I wasn't the one "gatekeeping" and I'm not particularly bothered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad