Post-Game Talk: #4| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | June 5th | 7:15 PM | F/W 4-1

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
Bruins are easily a bottom 3 fan base on HF. Uninformed and obnoxious.

I've listened to pretty much most of the announcer pairs around the league, and I think the Bruins' fan base has been brainwashed by the pair the Bruins have, who are homers to a point where Phil Rizzuto would be embarrassed. The one with the obnoxious "Bahstan" accent is downright ridiculous.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
If you looked at Czerkawski’s stat line with the Isles, you’d think he was an asset, too. Kvasha in 02-03 as well.

The only playoff series that Eberle has ever come through in was that Pitt series. He was a monster, no doubt. Other than that, he’s missed countless opportunities (last year) or is just soft as baby shit and isn’t an asset when he’s not getting points.

If there’s a way to dump him and insert Palmieri, I’d do it in a heartbeat, as I’m sure many would.
Is there anything more peak Islanders fandom than a post with both the names Czerkawski and Kvasha in it? ;)

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
If you looked at Czerkawski’s stat line with the Isles, you’d think he was an asset, too. Kvasha in 02-03 as well.

The only playoff series that Eberle has ever come through in was that Pitt series. He was a monster, no doubt. Other than that, he’s missed countless opportunities (last year) or is just soft as baby shit and isn’t an asset when he’s not getting points.

If there’s a way to dump him and insert Palmieri, I’d do it in a heartbeat, as I’m sure many would.
Dont get me wrong I want to keep Palmieri, but was that OT goal in game 5 against Tampa last year not clutch/big moment?

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Is there anything more peak Islanders fandom than a post with both the names Czerkawski and Kvasha in it? ;)
Disagree about this too. Czerk was one of the few players worth watching during a very dark time. He also still had a couple of good seasons once we started making the playoffs during the Yashin era.

Reactions: TeamKidd

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Disagree about this too. Czerk was one of the few players worth watching during a very dark time. He also still had a couple of good seasons once we started making the playoffs during the Yashin era.
I don’t know what you’re disagreeing with. I didn’t say he was bad. I was just observing how terrible the past was as a fandom because we had nothing to remember fondly outside of a rousing 1st round loss to Toronto 20 yrs ago.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Just cut right to 2:42:00

Honestly do we know if that guy is alive right now? He absolutely deserves to to beaten by any number of Bruins fans in there.

Also that Bruins fan with the backwards hat I want to throw in a vat of acid.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
So far in this series, Games 2, 3, and 4 have played out almost exactly the same. Tight checking and some great goaltending. Neither team gives you much room to work with. You will not be able to get the artistic goal or score from above the hashmarks. If you want to win you will fight for the inches. Man it's been stressful watching these games in person. But if you were watching without a dog in the fight I'd say this has been the most competitive series in this round. Boring hockey it is not.
A mate who follows Leafs has jumped on us now they're out. He reckons our games are insane!

Reactions: MJF

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
There also might have been a bit of guilt with the cross-checks by Barzal to Krieji that weren't called leading up to the spear. I am guessing it was not the refs who made the decision to overturn, but the NHL staff in Toronto.
I'm pretty sure it was Toronto made the call.

As for the crosschecks, those happen in scrums in the slot and in the corners all the time, without being called.

No, they were just scared of what five and a match would do to the game. Which is really funny, because everyone on the Island knows the likely outcome of a five minute Isles PP is two shorties.

Maybe they were being nice to us.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I don’t know what you’re disagreeing with. I didn’t say he was bad. I was just observing how terrible the past was as a fandom because we had nothing to remember fondly outside of a rousing 1st round loss to Toronto 20 yrs ago.

Can't believe you guys are discussing Chow and not commenting on his greatest assist. I'll never forget him locking up Klouchek's arms so Yashin could punch him square in his face and break his nose. Hilarious.

KLOUCEK’S NOSE OFFICIALLY BROKEN.

Reactions: JKP

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille