Post-Game Talk: #4| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | June 5th | 7:15 PM | F/W 4-1

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Komarov is generally the guy on that line who goes to the crease. Him standing there draws 2 Bruins over to try to move him and creates the open space for Barzal to work with.
It also looked like Rask didn't know where the puck was until too late.

I know he doesn't have Lee's size or hands, but he's standing in there taking a beating. We should be shooting more.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
As many others have said, I’d be completely ok never seeing Eberle in an Islanders jersey again. His play is well-suited for Toronto, guy just does not want to dig deep and kick it up a couple of notches. He never comes away from the corners with the puck, let alone battle for it.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
You guys want a few laughs read the GDT on the Bruins board. According to them, Barzal's goal hitting it out of mid air straight into the net was a "fluke goal." Marchands goal the other night in OT was a "beautiful shot." The NBC announcers last night was "rooting for the Isles and basically a NY broadcast." Oh, and also "Barzal was a wussy" for going down after being speared and we are the "biggest divers in the league."
And this is not 1 or 2 idiots. This is 95% of the posts on that board. While you see plenty of posts on our board saying how tough Rask has been to beat or how great their first line is, etc. You are hard pressed to find a single post on their board of anything acknowledging a positive thing about the Islanders.

Bruins are easily a bottom 3 fan base on HF. Uninformed and obnoxious.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
As many others have said, I’d be completely ok never seeing Eberle in an Islanders jersey again. His play is well-suited for Toronto, guy just does not want to dig deep and kick it up a couple of notches. He never comes away from the corners with the puck, let alone battle for it.
I am sorry but you guys are being ridiculous. Eberle's style is what it is but to say I never want to see him again in an Islander uniform is making it sound like he is Justin Papineau, Brian Strait or Bruno Gervais. In 40 playoff games with us he has 11 goals and 29 points. No matter what you think of his style, that is production. And these were not empty net goals or meaningless garbage time points. He almost singlehandedly won the series against Pittsburgh two years ago. There was no Game 6 against Tampa last year without him. And last night the tying goal set up by Barzy did not happen if Ebs did not get the possession started with his play out of the penalty box which earned him an assist.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Bruins are easily a bottom 3 fan base on HF. Uninformed and obnoxious.
Yeah they have really earned their way up those rankings. They have passed Pittsburgh fans and Caps fans and are now approaching Toronto fans on the ladder of obnoxiousness.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I am sorry but you guys are being ridiculous. Eberle's style is what it is but to say I never want to see him again in an Islander uniform is making it sound like he is Justin Papineau, Brian Strait or Bruno Gervais. In 40 playoff games with us he has 11 goals and 29 points. No matter what you think of his style, that is production. And these were not empty net goals or meaningless garbage time points. He almost singlehandedly won the series against Pittsburgh two years ago. There was no Game 6 against Tampa last year without him. And last night the tying goal set up by Barzy did not happen if Ebs did not get the possession started with his play out of the penalty box which earned him an assist.

Pittsburgh 2 years ago was a much differently built team than this year's Penguins. They got rid of guys who couldn't skate and gave up too much space. The way the Pens played us this year is similar to the way the Bruins are playing us now. Jump up on the play, get in the puck carriers grill, take away time and space. Gone are the guys like Gudbranson, Hornqvist, and Jack Johnson. This Pens team played a heavier game against us than the one we blew through 2 years ago. As a result Eberle was not able to get open and had 3 points to show for it in the 1st round this year, and is goalless in this round against the Bruins so far.

You can't just look at G-A-P to make your judgement on players, you have to look at what they are doing against their opponents now and what our opponent does to shut down a player.

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Pelech has raised his game to levels beyond ridiculousness. He is absurdly good at hockey. He played out of his mind last night.
Pelech is like a modern day Rod Langway. I know that sounds like hyperbole, and maybe it is to an extent, but he's getting into that territory. He plays exactly the same way.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think many of the Bruin fans expected to easily roll over the isles.

It's not happening,so it's the refs fault or it's the Bruins injuries ( as if Lee & Wally aren't also injured).
Just enjoy the salty tears.
Yeah. A ton of their fans are knowledgeable and were saying up front it would be a tough series, but there were some who were kinda delusional. So I think they're trying to find reasons for what they didn't expect to happen. Typical of all fanbases though. Remember last year when Flyers' fans said we won the series because the Flyers cooled down during the Covid break?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yeah. A ton of their fans are knowledgeable and were saying up front it would be a tough series, but there were some who were kinda delusional. So I think they're trying to find reasons for what they didn't expect to happen. Typical of all fanbases though. Remember last year when Flyers' fans said we won the series because the Flyers cooled down during the Covid break?

Yeah, I remember that excuse.

This yr, salty Pens fans were reassuring each other that Boston would kick the isles asses in round 2 :laugh:

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
every fan base has their dummies, and every fanbase has their Sidneythekidney

Reactions: PWJunior

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
so which of you is the guy on the right

ojz57Ap.jpeg

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
No no no.....I had problems with this in school too. They is a singular pronoun. What you are trying to say is "the Islanders hockey team won the game" and "the fans of the Islanders hockey team partied hard and had a great time":thumbu:

I WISH I could say "we won" as if I really was on the roster, though at my age I'd be lucky if they let me be the guy holding the towels to clean their visors or the collector of the gloves to stick in the drying machines. My beer league team mates might say I don't contribute much more than that anyway... :laugh:

That said, if someone says "we won" or "they won", I think we all understand what's being said. Just glad we got another win last night, just need 10 more.:thumbu:

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
I think the reviewing is to prevent the situations like last year, where the bad call changed the whole game.

But changing the call last night was just wrong.

There also might have been a bit of guilt with the cross-checks by Barzal to Krieji that weren't called leading up to the spear. I am guessing it was not the refs who made the decision to overturn, but the NHL staff in Toronto.

NYSaints

Jun 2, 2021
I agree. I would take Palmieri over Eberle right now, Palmieri is a tough player. He has got an Isles mentality. Eberle is ok but he is perimeter and he has been sort of inflated by playing with Lee and Barzal these past 3 seasons. If we can re-sign Palmieri, and I think Lou has a plan there. Get rid of Ladd or move Bailey or Eberle or have them picked up by Seattle, I would sign off on that trade off in a NY min.

Where do you put Wahly if he continues to develop next season? Assuming Palms takes Eberle's spot, maybe slide Wahlstrom in on the 2nd line with Beau and Brock, and name it the "BOB" line.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

If you looked at Czerkawski’s stat line with the Isles, you’d think he was an asset, too. Kvasha in 02-03 as well.

The only playoff series that Eberle has ever come through in was that Pitt series. He was a monster, no doubt. Other than that, he’s missed countless opportunities (last year) or is just soft as baby shit and isn’t an asset when he’s not getting points.

If there’s a way to dump him and insert Palmieri, I’d do it in a heartbeat, as I’m sure many would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad