Post-Game Talk: #4| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | June 5th | 7:15 PM | F/W 4-1

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
This Joe Micheletti narrative about Barzal needing to learn the difference in regular season vs playoffs is off the mark.

Barzal has ABSOLUTELY struggled this year for… reasons. But he has also been one of the Isles more effective and producers in his two previous playoffs.
Yes, one of those reasons being that ox that stood in front of the net causing mayhem went down with a knee injury. Can't discount how much losing Lee hurt Barzal's production.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Place was nuts tonight all night. Just played solid D and hung in there . Pageau played incredibly and Barzal is finally turning it on. Doesn’t get much more even than this series

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Ok I'm done pouting now.... Go islanders. Ur fans are nuts.
ok I like you you can stay

hand-feeding-a-humboldt-penguin-with-a-fish-picture-id1039590022

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yes, one of those reasons being that ox that stood in front of the net causing mayhem went down with a knee injury. Can't discount how much losing Lee hurt Barzal's production.
Yup, isles fans crapped on Lee and you see his impact on mr ice capades. They want to think it’s because of Leo, but that’s misguided. It’s all because Lee is not there in front of the net grabbing garbage from Barzal and Eberle.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Best 60 minute effort I’ve seen from them since before the trade deadline. That 8 minute stretch after Barzy’s goal was an absolute clinic on how you protect a lead late in a game. Gave them damn near nothing...

Very proud of the effort against a tough team to play against. When we play like we did tonight, there isn’t a team in the league we can’t beat.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think Barzal figured out what it takes to win and that he needs to shoot more and battle hard in tight area to be successful in games where you are not allowed much time and space to fancy doodle. He may have watched the Vegas last game against Avs and saw that Vegas was shooting from anywhere anytime and always driving to the net, making life hard for the talented fast Avs team with the those determined quick attacks from all their 4 lines.

The whole Isles team put up a great efforts in the last two periods. Isles did not have any passenger most tonight and that is why they won. They finally learn how to play the right way to close the game - those 2nd and 3rd efforts in crucial moments of the game.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Palms may have not performed in the regular season, his playoff version is worth a (reduced $) resigning.

NYI played Boston's game, but better; for one night.

Pelech has been the best Islander.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Look - this is the NHL playoffs. NO ONE can dominate - it’s not that easy... go ask Crosby, Matthews, Marner, Ovechkin, McDavid, Draisaitl.

All players have to fight and dig deep this time of the year. The kid showed up tonight in a big way. 31 f***ing points in 40 career playoff games. He has been playing a 200’ game not sure what the f*** your watching.

I don’t even know what you mean by the last paragraph and you know what I don’t care.

I Don’t trust you - I Think you’re trolling this board - I don’t like your Poster name And you’re clearly trying to get a rise out of folks.

Last time I acknowledge you here.

GO Isles!
all under the age of 25. It's tough sledding in the playoffs. Barzal has went up against hall of famers come playoff time in his young hockey career and has beat them. So far he is a big factor in 5 out of 7 playoffs wins in his young career. Beat crosby malkin twice, the great 8, Kutznetsov, Backstrom , Barkov, Hurberdeau, Kutznetsov, Giroux, Couturier and company

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I thought they got that call right. It was a good high snipe by Krejci and Machand's stick really had nothing to do with blocking Early. He had no chance.

I don’t think the ref considered that Varly could not slide in the direction of where the shot was coming from because Marchand stick stopped the goalies momentum. You can tell Varly reached with his glove which and may have had more of his body moving toward the shot be it only in a split second. .

Reactions: beach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad