GDT: 4/7/18 - New York Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers: The Last Supper Edition. RIP 2017-18 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Get three more players of Chytil level ability, and the plan doesn’t suck.

We'll get a bunch of 18 year olds to do the job is not a plan.

The plan is and always has been a rebuild for the sake of a rebuild.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The plan sucks, just like watching this team.

At least now we have a concrete direction.

This off-season was a giant clusterf***.

Trading Stepan (which was a great move) which is a move that clearly indicates you're looking towards the future. Then two days later you make a compete now move in signing Shattenkirk.

Which is it? If you're going to be a playoff team, be a playoff team and keep your #1 center.

The worst possible thing is to be stuck in the middle, no mans land.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Get three more players of Chytil level ability, and the plan doesn’t suck.

Hopefully management has had their fill of quality characters guys and will just power forward and pick the most talented guys in the next 2 drafts.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Very excited for the offseason but also nervous. Gorton has been very up and down with his decisions. He’s had some hits and some misses. We can not afford to not draft an elite player in the top 10 this year. I don’t give a shit about pull ups or character. We need SKILL.

He’s got to be smart with who he moves and what he gets back. Zucc? Namestnikov? Spooner?

Does he give up on Vesey or does he get another shot?

Is he tempted to go after Carlson and Kovalchuk?

A lot to do

Reactions: hi

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Rangers really didn’t come to play tonight. This is why tanking culture stinks eventually even if the players think they’re trying and preparing right and stuff, they still can subconsciously know they’re gonna lose. A losing culture is a real thing. That’s why I have no interest in tanking away an entire season next year.

It’s like one of them are a JV team out there. Flyers doing whatever they want. Amount of time given to Raffl alone in front on the 3rd goal and the giveaway by Sproul on the 4th were both particularly egregious.

Just brutal stuff.

On the bright side I think Andersson looks good today.

Reactions: Mikos87

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

This off-season was a giant cluster****.

Trading Stepan (which was a great move) which is a move that clearly indicates you're looking towards the future. Then two days later you make a compete now move in signing Shattenkirk.

Which is it? If you're going to be a playoff team, be a playoff team and keep your #1 center.

I don't see how not signing Shattenkirk helps us with the rebuild.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Hopefully management has had their fill of quality characters guys and will just power forward and pick the most talented guys in the next 2 drafts.

0% chance of this happening. The Rangers will be the first team to ever win the cup while having 18 players wear the C on their jerseys at the same time.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Sproul. WTF! Okay I'm alright with it but man that's a f***ed up play.

We don't need to give them any more goals right now. They've got enough.

I don't mind the Beleskey thing either---okay dumb penalty but hey meaningless for us right now and if he wants to clobber one of them f***ers that's fine with me too. He's made a decent first impression--actually Fogarty hasn't been too bad either.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rangers really didn’t come to play tonight. This is why tanking culture stinks eventually even if the players think they’re trying and preparing right and stuff, they still can subconsciously know they’re gonna lose. A losing culture is a real thing. That’s why I have no interest in tanking away an entire season next year.

It’s like one of them are a JV team out there. Flyers doing whatever they want. Amount of time given to Raffl alone in front on the 3rd goal and the giveaway by Sproul on the 4th were both particularly egregious.

Just brutal stuff.

On the bright side I think Andersson looks good today.

They've won plenty more than anyone expected to win after the deadline.

Losing culture my ass. This game is what normally happens when a good team who is motivated to win plays a bad team.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
We'll get a bunch of 18 year olds to do the job is not a plan.

The plan is and always has been a rebuild for the sake of a rebuild.

That sentence makes no sense. You rebuild because you have players that are heading past their prime, and you need younger and cheaper talent with the potential to replace and exceed the current talent. The biggest flaw of the past run was not having the elite talent that the Cup winners did have. There’s no guarantees, but the odds are better being higher in the draft. Or you could stay on the treadmill and hope anything can happen as your one elite player gets closer and closer to retirement.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

This off-season was a giant cluster****.

The worst possible thing is to be stuck in the middle, no mans land.

We don't have a direction.

We have a direction when there's tangible bodies in the system and we have a highly ranked farm system.

Right now, we're taking the very first step on what could be an absolute dumpster fire of a rebuild. 50-50 proposition. Better chance as of today to end up Edmonton than to end up Pittsburgh. And everyone is giddy about it.

What future?? We have a bottom 10 farm system. Call in me two years, but right now, there's zero to be happy about. We just humiliated ourselves for 82 games.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
They've won plenty more than anyone expected to win after the deadline.

Losing culture my ass. This game is what normally happens when a good team who is motivated to win plays a bad team.
I’m not saying today is necessarily evidence of a losing culture they’ve developed already, but efforts like today start to become very common on teams with losing cultures. Teams that are better on paper than on the ice. The canes, the Sabres and teams like that.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Signing Shattenkirk and rebuild are three words that should be nowhere near each other.

That makes no sense still. It would be an issue if we signed Shattenkirk to a 7 year deal will linger into the start of a competitive era but it's a 4 year deal that creates no cap issues. He's the most skilled defensemen we've had since Leetch and a great guy in the lockerroom and in the community whilst being a Rangers fan at heart. He'll be a great influence on our young players.

Do we pass on signing quality free agents during the entirety of the rebuild then?

Oh hey Jeff, it's Johnny Tavares here and I'd like to be a Rangers, right now!

Oh hey John, we're rebuilding, sorry, no can do. TTYL.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That sentence makes no sense. You rebuild because you have players that are heading past their prime, and you need younger and cheaper talent with the potential to replace and exceed the current talent. The biggest flaw of the past run was not having the elite talent that the Cup winners did have. There’s no guarantees, but the odds are better being higher in the draft. Or you could stay on the treadmill and hope anything can happen as your one elite player gets closer and closer to retirement.

Just can't take how happy everyone is. We're awful and the GDT's are like a f***ing party.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad