Pre-Game Talk: 4/25 7:41 PM - ECQF GAME 7 - Hogtown Buds at BRUINS | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I don't know what to expect tomorrow night.

The 2011 team stands out as the only Bruins team that wasn't afraid of a Game 7.

The only thing I know for sure is that I will be in Tampa on Saturday night and hopefully the Bruins will be as well.

If the Bruins bow out early in the playoffs, they have no one to blame but themselves

As happened all too often under former head coach Claude Julien, the regular season resilient B’s squad seemingly fell victim of reading their own headlines. With a prime opportunity to bury the Leafs in Game 5 at home, the Bruins thought that they could simply throw their sticks on the ice and send the young Torontonians packing for the offseason after Tuukka Rask stole Game 4 for them last Thursday night at the Air Canada Centre, by stopping 30 of the 31 shots on goal the Leafs generated.

They thought wrong.

For as much as Bruins fans – and perhaps the team itself – thought that they had figured out the Leafs – and especially goaltender Freddy Anderson – they have been largely stifled by the guy they sent packing in the first period of Game 2 when they potted three of their first five shots on the Tim Thomas wannabe. Since then, Anderson has looked like Ken Dryden – look him up, millennials – and has thwarted the B’s patented third-period comebacks this season with his athleticism.
“He’s making a lot of big saves,” said Brad Marchand, who was part of a first line that recorded 20 points in the first two games but has struggled mightily since. “We’ve just got to keep going. I think that’s the only thing. We’re getting bodies there, we’re getting pucks there, we’re getting some really good looks. Just have to keep doing it and hopefully, it pays off for us.”

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I get that, I haven't seen a team miss this many open nets and hit as many posts as this since 2014.

I'm not buying the Toronto media narrative that Andersen is stealing the series. He hasn't given up softies like he did the first few games, but despite one or two paddle saves that look good on a highlight reel, he's just been making the saves an average goalie needs to make. We're mostly just shooting it into his pads. And when we have beat him clean, it either goes wide, hits a post, or a defenseman clears it off the line.
Agreed 100%. Anderson has been good outside of a few softies. We’ve been making him look great though. We have to finish glorious chances or we are finished ourselves. No excuse for not winning that game last night.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Getting it behind the D is definitely a way to combat the clog. Though I agree with the post above that the Laffs are deploying classic Babcock grab and hold tactics to slow down the forecheck. That is right out of his Red Wings bag o' tricks, and boy does it make for ****ty hockey.
I agree. That’s where the hometown fans need to be loud. Every time a Hab or Leaf is touched those places go nuts. Needs to be the same in Boston.

Whether it works or not who knows. But yes, it does make for shitty hockey.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
A game 7 at home to clinch the series win, does it get any better than that? The players should be stoked about this game and so should we, this is playoff hockey at it's best. Keep the doom and gloom in the other thread.

Forget the previous games, this is the only one that matters right now!

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
My avatar of Frank Brimsek the goalie of the 1940-1941 Bruins that won the SC.
In the semi-finals Bruins beat TO in seven games.
Just thought I'd inject a bit of history and hoping the Bruins repeat 77 years later.
That's it, that's the mojo! Lucky # 777!

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I agree with this. We used to blame Julien for coming out flat in elimination games. I know the first line isnt scoring, but at least they are putting up shots.

Krejci has got to get it going. Simple as that. Outside of Debrusk our second line has been brutal.

I've been saying it for a couple years now, Krejci isn't the guy who we had in 2011. He's had injuries or what ever. Got married, had children, got "civilized?"
I would love to see them explore a trade to Carolina in the offseason. His wife comes from there, he lives there in the offseason so why not. We need new blood down the center, Bergeron is the wily ol' veteran and leaves it on the ice every game. He give's 100% even if his body is only 50% all there, but we really need to see the center position evolve away from DK.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Good lord, the average Leaf fan is so goddamn cringe-worthy. Sound like f***ing 7 year-olds. I hope they never win a goddamn thing for as long as I live and beyond.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Turned on game 6 at work just as Marner scored. Co worker said to me well they still have game 7 and from what I watched looked like thats what the Bs also thought.

Could only watch from Marner goal to a lil into the Bs PP and they just looked like shit hope they nail this shut tomorrow

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I hope all those people that said the last game didn’t matter, rest guys, don’t care whether it’s Jersey or Toronto, etc. understand now why that game was of the utmost importance. Even watching maybe half the TB series tells me that we waltz through NJ. Instead we have to play a game 7 while TB hangs out.
That’s a losers mentality. This Bruins team should have put Toronto away in 6 games tops. The Leafs aren’t doing anything special to beat them, they’re beating themselves. Marchand & Pastrnak were too cute all night long. Krug coughing up pucks, etc. Anyhow we’ve done enough whining. Time for some positivity.

It’s unlikely the B’s top line is bad for a 4th straight game. It’s unlikely McAvoy Krug go another game without creating some offense from back end. It’s unlikely Cassidy doesn’t make adjustments for this game 7. It’s unlikely Chara Bergeron Marchand Rask allow the Leafs to come into our building and win this series after being down 3-1.

Keys to the game:
-Come out fast and furious early. Pour it on heavy.
-Create traffic in front of Anderson. Tips, rebounds, get him off his game.
-Chip pucks in over blueline. Leafs dmen holding their blueline, B’s forwards STILL teying to stick handle through the traffic. They got away with carrying over the blueline in games 1,2... Leafs were back deeper, but Babcock adjusted.
-Let these Leaf dmen make mistakes. They’re begging to cough up pucks. That defensive unit is outright awful. Grind, pressure, cycle.

Bruins to Tampa this weekend.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruin 1, 2, 3 + Cassidy

tomorrow night's Game 7: "This is why you play this sport."

Are these guys serious? Yes maybe if you came crawling back to tie 3-3. Or if its the Stanley Cup finals

not in the 1st round while up 3-1.

Pardon me in a dark mood right now.... but that to me sounds delusional

Rather hear instead that team played hard all season long to gain this home advantage.

Just win

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bruin 1, 2, 3 + Cassidy

tomorrow night's Game 7: "This is why you play this sport."

Are these guys serious? Yes maybe if you came crawling back to tie 3-3. Or if its the Stanley Cup finals

not in the 1st round while up 3-1.

Pardon me in a dark mood right now.... but that to me sounds delusional

Rather hear instead that team played hard all season long to gain this home advantage.

Just win

We're really breaking down quotes and getting mad over them? Jesus....

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad