Pre-Game Talk: 4/25 7:41 PM - ECQF GAME 7 - Hogtown Buds at BRUINS | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
As a wise person reminded me:

Deep breaths, believe in this team and stay the course.

We didn’t give up when they started off rocky or when they faced tough situations. We can’t give up on them now.

I’m frustrated beyond belief, partially for non hockey reasons, but I’ve gotta channel this frustration and keep fighting.

They can do this and have done it before. I wish I had a list of changes to reccomend but I don’t. The only thing I do feel strongly about is that I still don’t think inserting Donato is a great idea but I’m open to having my mind changed.

I know this is vastly different what I posted at the end of the GDT but again, nothing like a gentle reminder not to change things after one game.

I think I need to dig into the way back machine for the GDT..

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
As a wise person reminded me:

Deep breaths, believe in this team and stay the course.

We didn’t give up when they started off rocky or when they faced tough situations. We can’t give up on them now.

I’m frustrated beyond belief, partially for non hockey reasons, but I’ve gotta channel this frustration and keep fighting.

They can do this and have done it before. I wish I had a list of changes to reccomend but I don’t. The only thing I do feel strongly about is that I still don’t think inserting Donato is a great idea but I’m open to having my mind changed.

I know this is vastly different what I posted at the end of the GDT but again, nothing like a gentle reminder not to change things after one game.

I think I need to dig into the way back machine for the GDT..
I guess the biggest question mark for me is if the first line doesn’t score who besides Debrusk will come through ? Heinen slotting back in is a no brainer but what do we do with lines 2 and 3 ? It just isn’t working as of late . Initially I would put Heinen with Krejci and Debrusk and Nash - Nash - Backes .

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I guess the biggest question mark for me is if the first line doesn’t score who besides Debrusk will come through ? Heinen slotting back in is a no brainer but what do we do with lines 2 and 3 ? It just isn’t working as of late . Initially I would put Heinen with Krejci and Debrusk and Nash - Nash - Backes .
I guess this is where the Donato discussion begins?

I’m having trouble figuring out who I’d sit

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Cant believe they let toronto get in their heads. They had to win game 5, now..here we are. So frustrating.

It would be nice if we could have the b's from regular season back, fun days. Some guys are hurt, i understand but the defense needs to show up. Gryz and Krug have been no shows, completely neutralized.

It would be nice if they could manage to hold on a lead for a change.

Not gonna be able to watch this one so good luck guys. im not very hopeful but lets do this.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I chose Bruins in 7 so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Home ice is an advantage and the puck luck will come tomorrow. The hard part is getting through the next couple of days listening to all the gloating fans and media hype! When the Bruins win tomorrow it will shut them up a little and then they will switch to the Jays again.

Toreko

Apr 3, 2018
I see some of this

That's a great call. Hell of a run by the Leafs. This was another real exciting series
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/a.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/b.png

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Pregame thread up. I like it. Put game 6 behind us and let's go get 'em in game 7. I'm worried that Andersen is in theirs heads. There were a few too many extra passes and shots just wide in game 6. To me, that says they're trying to be a little too fine. Get shots through the slot, where the Leafs are clogging up, and get pucks to the front of the net. Wristers through traffic are just fine by me. No use in taking a slapper if it's just going to hit a leg.

Reactions: sooshii

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Caring this much about this team has to be detrimental to my health. Once they missed the playoffs twice in a row I thought I had moved passed this but I guess not.

Anyway, I’d reinsert Heinen and put him with Krejci/Debrusk. Rick Nash looked mostly good last night. I’d consider also sitting Riley Nash in favor of Wingels or Donato

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I guess this is where the Donato discussion begins?

I’m having trouble figuring out who I’d sit

Not me Ali, Donato is not a guy I want in a game 7. Absolutely pumped about the kid`s future but he showed in the one game that he`s just as likely to be the cause of a goal by not showing the necessary battle along the walls as he is to score.

I go back to the original lineup for most of the series, tell the boys that this is the group we went with and were successful and were sticking to it. Cassidy over thought this whole thing, there was/is absolutely no reason for Wingles to be playing last night in place of Heinen, no reason

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pregame thread up. I like it. Put game 6 behind us and let's go get 'em in game 7. I'm worried that Andersen is in theirs heads. There were a few too many extra passes and shots just wide in game 6. To me, that says they're trying to be a little too fine. Get shots through the slot, where the Leafs are clogging up, and get pucks to the front of the net. Wristers through traffic are just fine by me. No use in taking a slapper if it's just going to hit a leg.

B`s have to keep it simple, don`t look for the perfect shot, we`ve seen plenty of rebounds from Anderson and we`ve seen more than a few Bruins goals coming off simple plays, shot to the net, rebound, bang em` home. Don`t get cute

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Caring this much about this team has to be detrimental to my health. Once they missed the playoffs twice in a row I thought I had moved passed this but I guess not.

Anyway, I’d reinsert Heinen and put him with Krejci/Debrusk. Rick Nash looked mostly good last night. I’d consider also sitting Riley Nash in favor of Wingels or Donato

Interesting. As I mentioned in the GDT yesterday, I’m past caring like I once did. I still watch and I still want them to win. I think it’s a combination of factors including “life” happening and experiencing real heartbreak that’s put hockey in its place for me.

Still, thinking back about it, I was plenty pissed off in 2013. I stopped caring quite as much when Clode was canned and even “hate watched” them the rest of that season.

Sure, I hope they do well. Its funny though. This happened to me earlier with the other sports where I stopped caring if I missed a game here and there. I swore it’d never happen with the Bruins, yet here we are.

Now, having said all that, they’d better f***ing take care of business tomorrow night!

Reactions: easton117

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Time to fight fire with fire. Wingels out, Schaller has been pretty ineffective. The vaunted 4th has already been broken up with the promotion of Kuraly. Sit Schaller too.

Insert Donato and Heinen. I don't care about their defensive warts, this team can't score right now. If they get a lead late, it's a Game 7, empty the tank and roll 3 lines.

To start:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Debrusk - Krejci - Donato

Rick Nash - Kuraly - Backes

Heinen - Riley Nash - Acciari

With a lead late:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak

Debrusk - Krejci - Backes

Rick Nash - Kuraly - Accari/Riley Nash

Increasing the quantity of veteran grinders IS NOT THE ANSWER to winning THIS series vs THIS opponent.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Interesting. As I mentioned in the GDT yesterday, I’m past caring like I once did. I still watch and I still want them to win. I think it’s a combination of factors including “life” happening and experiencing real heartbreak that’s put hockey in its place for me.

Still, thinking back about it, I was plenty pissed off in 2013. I stopped caring quite as much when Clode was canned and even “hate watched” them the rest of that season.

Sure, I hope they do well. Its funny though. This happened to me earlier with the other sports where I stopped caring if I missed a game here and there. I swore it’d never happen with the Bruins, yet here we are.

Now, having said all that, they’d better ****ing take care of business tomorrow night!

I still care a ton, difference for me now is if they blow a 3-1 series lead as they have now just done, I don`t allow it to pour into my day to day life and have it affect my mood.

Love the team, love this board, and despite my far too many posts here which might have others saying I don`t, I actually have a life outside of HF but win/lose, I open the mailbox, get a bill, pay that bill, end of the month, pay rent.

Difference between me now and then, game 7 coming up and I`m working, there was a time when I`d make sure I got my shift covered. Would I love to watch live? Absolutely, but I have a responsibility and that isn`t to the B`s, it`s to be 1/2 of the team putting food on our table and a roof over our heads, I don`t change shifts for first round game 7`s

Stanley Cup game 7 involving the B`s though.......oh yeah, I`d find someone to take that shift:laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Now, having said all that, they’d better ****ing take care of business tomorrow night!

I still live and die with every game.

The big difference is that when I was younger and didn’t have a family of my own I would be upset for weeks after a big loss by the B’s or Pats.

Now, 15 minutes after the game, life goes on, and I’m fine (mostly :laugh:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad