Pre-Game Talk: 4/25 7:41 PM - ECQF GAME 7 - Hogtown Buds at BRUINS | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
As one of the better hockey minds on all of HF, maybe even the world, I really don't think it's an X's and O's thing. I think the Bruins aren't hitting the back of the net. The Leafs team was never going to get rolled by 3+ goals every game. They are a good team, regardless of what we like to say about them.

If there's one thing I've noticed that stands out, the Leafs forwards are doing a fantastic job setting picks for our dump ins. They are consistently holding up our guys after we chip it in. Classic Babcock hockey, but it's not getting called. We used to be able to chip, and then smash their dmen on the forecheck. But our dump ins are useless when our forwards have no speed and the puck is retrieved by their dmen with no pressure.
If the refs are NOT going to call a pick as blatant as that which led to last night's third Toronto goal, they won't call it at all. We need to get much nastier in front of Tuuka and maybe run some picks of our own.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Your man crush is starting to nauseate.

Look, he was good in game 1, and for half a game last night, but he's almost the definition of "floater" for most of his time on the ice. He is not a hustler, dude, during most of his on ice time. It's like he moves in s-l-o-w m-o-t-I-o-n way too much of the time. I get that he's a big guy, but c'mon, he does not use his legs nearly as much as he needs to. He's an arm player at this point, looks a lot like Beleskey out there lately.

You have a bizzare view of him

He's literally blown by defenders in this series. Not enough for a breakaway, but enough to get the defenseman to turn around and have to commit completely to him

He has been nowhere near as bad as the prophets like you make him out to be

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Babcock's system is infuriating. It's hard to dump and chase when all his players just blatantly interfere with everyone who crosses the blue line.

I've said it a million times this series but I hope they revive the interference penalty in a similar way they did slashing soon because I am really tired of defenseman coming completely off their line to slow down the forecheck and picks being ran all over the place.
It's brutal. I hated clutch and grab, and I'm glad it's gone, but you need to call the obvious stuff.

I still am flabbergasted that they didn't call it on marleau to spring the ENG last night. Just ridiculous.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Babcock's system is infuriating. It's hard to dump and chase when all his players just blatantly interfere with everyone who crosses the blue line.

I've said it a million times this series but I hope they revive the interference penalty in a similar way they did slashing soon because I am really tired of defenseman coming completely off their line to slow down the forecheck and picks being ran all over the place.

I'm pretty sure now when Babcock says "have some fun" that it's code to instruct his players to run little picks and interference whenever possible.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's brutal. I hated clutch and grab, and I'm glad it's gone, but you need to call the obvious stuff.

I still am flabbergasted that they didn't call it on marleau to spring the ENG last night. Just ridiculous.

My good buddy who is a massive Bruins fan (he got me hooked on the Bruins drug way back in 1990), has been going off on Facebook all day over the missed call interference on Backes by Marleau.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
My good buddy who is a massive Bruins fan (he got me hooked on the Bruins drug way back in 1990), has been going off on Facebook all day over the missed call interference on Backes by Marleau.
I'll be the first to admit I can get animated during games. But I literally jumped up SCREAMING at the TV when I saw that happen with no call and went on such a tirade, that I think my wife even understands how terrible of a noncall that was.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It really comes down to execution and bounce of the puck - all things equal the Bruins played better team defense and have the better first line

Both goalies have stolen a game and been pulled

Place should be electric

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Just said on Felger and Mazz:

Tuukka could be the first goalie in NHL history to blow a 3-0, 3-1 and 3-2 series lead. Can anyone confirm this?

Niemi for the Sharks (2014) blew a 3-0 but not a separate 3-1 series
Gary Inness for the Penguins (1975) blew a 3-0 and that was his only playoff series
Johnny Mowers for the Wings (1942) blew a 3-0 leaf in the Finals but never a 3-1 lead. Playoff series were best of 3 before the Finals back then though

Not surprising that he would be the only one (if it does happen) considering blowing a 3-0 lead is so rare

Oh well

I’m sure it’s true considering only 3 teams have blown 3-0 leads in history

4 teams now with the Sharks

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I picked up a Norah Jones CD at a thrift store over the weekend. After the game last night I made some tea, got in the car, threw Norah on and went for a nice long drive. It helped immensely to calm me down. May I suggest some of you find a similar outlet? The series surely has been very frustrating but they've still got a good shot. Just want a win tomorrow!

Reactions: sooshii

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Hard to win a series with 0 PP goals in their building. Gotta do it the hard way now.
ok but we were worse in 2011 on Pp.......worked out pretty good...lets stay positive and now that they have Poked The Bear......its our Barn play Bruin hockey I cant take anymore of Babcock "shut up all ready"

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bs blew game 5, plain and simple. Toronto wanted it more in game 6 and the Bs had massive trouble scoring. Props to the Leafs for really bringing it. They deserved to win. The Bs have been the better team over the course of the season and have shown a ton of resilience. Finishing is a huge part of hockey. If the Bs fail to finish in game 7 then they have blown a really good season. Supposedly the Bs have a ridiculous amount of veteran leadership on this team, including several players who are making good money/cost the team a lot to bring in. No reason that they should not coming out firing on all cylinders on Wednesday and deliver the goods.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

LOL at the people in the responses to this tweet that Bergeron is getting tossed because he cheats.

Okay, how then does one explain that he was allowed to take 29 faceoffs "legally" and win 23 of them, if he only wins because he cheats? Hmmmmm.

And in response to the original tweet, yes, the last few games have not been his best, production-wise. But I'm gonna go with injury as a significant reason for that. And maybe if he is hurt that bad, he shouldn't be playing. But he hasn't been the worst guy on the team, so

:dunno:

i HATE Bergeron haters! Not sure if they actually hate him but if (they) can't realize/appreciate his tremendous talent and will. The ability to play his best even with one lung collapsed and broken and separated bones and joints then they are true hockey fans.

Reactions: BiGBear8

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
I'm pretty sure now when Babcock says "have some fun" that it's code to instruct his players to run little picks and interference whenever possible.
your right did see that lots the last 2 games but was too pissed to realize it:(

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seriously....what's with all of the out of towners liking posts from past GDTs?

Get. A. Life.
My notifications blew up because some Toronto guy apparently 'liked' a crap ton of posts from the GDT from like game 5.

Since HF instituted the 'like' system, the pests have figured out how to subtly use it to troll us without getting moderated for it. If they post on our board, the mods will infract them. But if they just go to the GDT and 'like' our posts before the game where we express confidence in the team, they get to jab at us and there's nothing the mods can do about it. It's second-level trolling.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I hope all those people that said the last game didn’t matter, rest guys, don’t care whether it’s Jersey or Toronto, etc. understand now why that game was of the utmost importance. Even watching maybe half the TB series tells me that we waltz through NJ. Instead we have to play a game 7 while TB hangs out.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Never know what to expect in a game seven,could be a really close game,both teams playing really cautious .Or one team could come out and try to put the other away.It sucks that it came to this,game 5 was the game to come out guns a blazing for the Bruins,kind of expecting them to play a real defensive game seven ,not sure what the Leafs game plan will be.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
My notifications blew up because some Toronto guy apparently 'liked' a crap ton of posts from the GDT from like game 5.

Since HF instituted the 'like' system, the pests have figured out how to subtly use it to troll us without getting moderated for it. If they post on our board, the mods will infract them. But if they just go to the GDT and 'like' our posts before the game where we express confidence in the team, they get to jab at us and there's nothing the mods can do about it. It's second-level trolling.

I saw a specific poster at least. Perhaps the mods can look into it.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I hope all those people that said the last game didn’t matter, rest guys, don’t care whether it’s Jersey or Toronto, etc. understand now why that game was of the utmost importance. Even watching maybe half the TB series tells me that we waltz through NJ. Instead we have to play a game 7 while TB hangs out.
Yeah that was a huge loss ,Jersey would have been a much easier opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad