GDT: 4/14/18 - 3:00PM EDT - #2WC New Jersey VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Devils just don’t have answer when we turn it up. Also, 3/3 on pk and 2/3 on pp was great. Just need to win one in NJ now. Vasi>>> Kinkaid. They probably will start the other goalie. The depth of scoring has been really good. Cedric came close , it would have been awesome if all 4 lines scored.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
One thing no ones discussing is Stammer. He’s just not a factor at all. He may be hurt. He may be rusty. I hope he can get healthy and find his game soon.

I know he wants the cup badly.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Unfortunately I've not seen the entire match but only the first period.
But...but I've to say that it's absurd the transformation of Killorn and Johnson.
Two different players if we analize the regular season and the playoffs.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Back from the game. It was loud and awesome. We got a huge lead and we stepped off the gas. We are up 2-0. We are better than NJ.

I do not like the game we play with a lead. I remember during the Blackhawks(Cup) series we went into that defensive crappy shell and it cost us a huge game(I'll never forget). I don't know if it is a Cooper thing but it has to stop now. We end up playing like we are on a penalty kill(for 10+ minutes) and it is bad hockey.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Except the only time the Devils kept up with the Lightning at all was the latter half of the 3rd. The rest of the game was purely dominated by the Lightning.
"Kept up with" ? The Devils had the TB pinned in their own zone pretty much the entire third period. Why is that so hard for you all to admit? It is just a fact. Did TB dominate the other two periods? Of course they did. And they're 5 for 5 on the PK so far. They haven't all been pretty, but still pitching a shutout. Vasy is looking really good (though he looked gassed towards the end. I wonder how he will hold up in an OT situation?) Lots of great things going on but don't jump on the announcers because they did their job. And don't forget, part of that job is to keep the audience interested, so pumping up a losing teams chances of winning is all in a days work (so long as they don't overdo it, which they didn't come close to).

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
"Kept up with" ? The Devils had the TB pinned in their own zone pretty much the entire third period. Why is that so hard for you all to admit? It is just a fact. Did TB dominate the other two periods? Of course they did. And they're 5 for 5 on the PK so far. They haven't all been pretty, but still pitching a shutout. Vasy is looking really good (though he looked gassed towards the end. I wonder how he will hold up in an OT situation?) Lots of great things going on but don't jump on the announcers because they did their job. And don't forget, part of that job is to keep the audience interested, so pumping up a losing teams chances of winning is all in a days work (so long as they don't overdo it, which they didn't come close to).

Does anyone actually read my posts?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

In person...the Bolts dominated until the 3rd down two men. They've scored 10 goals so far. Overall they are playing well. Holefully, Dan and Cally are ok. If not, next man up. Guys were playing double shifts and you could tell they were tired. NJ does not have the skill to keep up. We will come home 3-1 most likely.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We were down two guys. Stralman couldn't even stand up straight at the end of that game. Jersey pushed hard, and played well, but we survived. No such thing as a bad win in the playoffs. Every game is a different animal. Just have to figure out a way to win each one, which we've done so far.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
One thing no ones discussing is Stammer. He’s just not a factor at all. He may be hurt. He may be rusty. I hope he can get healthy and find his game soon.

I mean, I think most of us just don't want to pile it on, because he's trying. This is just playoff Stammer. He's looked like this for the past couple of runs. What can you do? He's playing well defensively, and (without checking stats) seems to be doing well in the faceoff circle. That's all we need him to do right now. Anything more will be a nice bonus.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I mean, I think most of us just don't want to pile it on, because he's trying. This is just playoff Stammer. He's looked like this for the past couple of runs. What can you do? He's playing well defensively, and (without checking stats) seems to be doing well in the faceoff circle. That's all we need him to do right now. Anything more will be a nice bonus.
Depressing but pretty much true. I just thought maybe if he’s healthy we’ll see some magic

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
How was the game in person, @TeslaCoilFan ? Hope you had a lot of fun again.

It was fantastic! Loads of fun and LOUD!! Kinda glad now that we don't hear the NBC announcers when at a game. :laugh: The game experience is always terrific at Amalie, but during the playoffs, the place gets downright crazy! They do a full ice projection 'show' before the game that's always pretty awesome. Might not be as flashy as some teams' playoff pregame stuff but is always perfect for us fans. Today's playoff give away was a little LED light up blue bracelet thingy which added some cool blue lighting to the crowd.

Hopefully y'all could hear our Vasy, Vasy, Vasy chant in the last few minutes of play. :D Think he deserved a star tonight as he stopped 41 out of 44 fricking shots!

Some good solid dominant play by our boys, especially in the FO circle which has been our bane this year. Yeah, there was some easing up but I do think part of that last period "coasting" was our guys being tired because of being down two significant defensive players. The defense in particular was looking totally gassed at the end. But our PK actually held it together in this game!! :eek:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Stamkos is a factor as is kucherov top d men play vs them which opens up guys like Miller, point, Johnson and palat. That’s the norm with teams in cups runs is those depth guys step up more then the stars

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

He is pretty good defensively though. Had a couple good looks on the PP and created some rebounds. NJ is doing a good job at keeping him and Kuch from completely destroying them. This might change as Johnson, Palat and Point have had free reign in their zone way too much. Once they shift their focus more on our 2nd line, the 1st might explode offensively.

With Girardi’s potential injury I’m liking the idea of going 11/7 more and more. Makes it that much harder for NJ to line match, even with last change. This could work in 91’s favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad