GDT: 4/14/18 - 3:00PM EDT - #2WC New Jersey VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, let's put this out there -

Have we seen even what we would call a "good" game out of Tampa yet? We're playing like normal - I don't think either game we really turned it on. The Devils just suck.

Glad we didn't have to face the Panthers.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I thought the game call was great, and spot on throughout. It's an interesting phenomenon watching so many people get upset about simply being told a truth they don't want to hear.

Except the only time the Devils kept up with the Lightning at all was the latter half of the 3rd. The rest of the game was purely dominated by the Lightning.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
according to the majority of lightning detractors, our biggest weakness is that we become distracted when we put up 5+ goals in a game and have a huge lead.

that seems like a huge problem, but...like in the "not actually" way
"You're never going to win the Cup by giving up 2 goals in the third after you built a four goal lead in the second!!!!"

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
matt watson agreeing with the commentators who are scrounging for something to make this game not seem out of reach and are simultaneously shrugging their shoulders and covering up the mic with their hands.

i appreciate the alternative perspective lightning bro

Reactions: Stammertime91

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah but Hischier hit a crossbar and Wood had a breakaway so you count those two then its a different game, and if Vatanen didn't toe drag and rip one top cheese into his own cage then the devils win this one.
He didn't actually hit the cross bar - replay showed it went off of Vasi's blocker. I think the sound was from Vasi's stick.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
No update on Girardi or Cally.

Obviously I hope they are both back soon. Girardi in particular would be a big loss

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
He didn't actually hit the cross bar - replay showed it went off of Vasi's blocker. I think the sound was from Vasi's stick.
LOL did you even watch the game. It hit the crossbar bro, I think your head is still in the clouds from that flight you too. Get real

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
LOL did you even watch the game. It hit the crossbar bro, I think your head is still in the clouds from that flight you too. Get real
I mean - I don't really care one way or the other (I might be thinking of a different play where they said it was a post). If Paquette can hit the net and if that puck didn't take flight when Point was in the crease in a kind of odd way we're sitting here wondering why they didn't go for two.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I mean - I don't really care one way or the other (I might be thinking of a different play where they said it was a post). If Paquette can hit the net and if that puck didn't take flight when Point was in the crease in a kind of odd way we're sitting here wondering why they didn't go for two.
I'm just messing with yah jabroni

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah but Hischier hit a crossbar and Wood had a breakaway so you count those two then its a different game, and if Vatanen didn't toe drag and rip one top cheese into his own cage then the devils win this one.

I know right. I can't believe i forgot all the missed chances, bummed the devils knotted up the series heading back to Jersey.

/lel

It's pretty obvious that's a direct order from their boss to skew the coverage. Close calls don't equal goals. Nor does scoring an own goal suddenly remove a goal. It's typical the way they are going to call it every time. I was puzzled when they said the score shouldn't be 5-1... takes a special kind of direction or homerism to supposively not be biased and call it down the line. 5-1 was deserved and so was the 5-3 final. If you listened to thia game, you'd think Tampa iced 2 year olds, were given 5 goals, and New Jersey won games 1 and 2 by 457 goals.

Serious note, I loved how sore their defense was after bozo double killed Lovejoy. Or should I say killjoy.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I know right. I can't believe i forgot all the missed chances, bummed the devils knotted up the series heading back to Jersey.

/lel

It's pretty obvious that's a direct order from their boss to skew the coverage. Close calls don't equal goals. Nor does scoring an own goal suddenly remove a goal. It's typical the way they are going to call it every time. I was puzzled when they said the score shouldn't be 5-1... takes a special kind of direction or homerism to supposively not be biased and call it down the line. 5-1 was deserved and so was the 5-3 final. If you listened to thia game, you'd think Tampa iced 2 year olds, were given 5 goals, and New Jersey won games 1 and 2 by 457 goals.

Serious note, I loved how sore their defense was after bozo double killed Lovejoy. Or should I say killjoy.
I wouldn't go that far kek, the guy just wasn't really paying attention

Reactions: Stammertime91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad