GDT: 4/14/18 - 3:00PM EDT - #2WC New Jersey VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Great win, played well for 38 minutes, then relaxed and coasted, which won't work against a hard-working Devils team. Vasy was good though, which was nice to see and five goals scored and PK held up better.

If they can match the Devils work rate then we can steal a game or even two away.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
The fact: I've found the announcers way more annoying than the Devs. Congrats for beating the devilish TV crews, ppl.
The things you guys find fault with amazes me. The announcers did their job. They correctly reported that the Devils kicked TBs ass in the third period and that without Vasy the game is probably in OT, or worse, right now.

Great to see Vasy playing well, though.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
The Big Cat saved us. Can't play like that on the road however or we will get smoked.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I don't worry about the shot totals that much. We always let up when we have a big lead and the Devils threw everything at the net. Vasy didn't have to make that many great saves you'd think when the other team gets over 40 shots. Plus we were playing two men short and looked absolutely gassed at the end. The main thing is we lead 2-0 and if we can take even one game in New Jersey, the series is pretty much over.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Well, we got a bit of a wake-up call in the third. Good to get a reminder like that and still get the win. Need to steer clear of the goonie stuff. I understand not backing down, but that benefits Jersey more than it benefits us.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
We basically only saw this hard-working in your face devils squad for one period out of six. I get they had a lot of shot the first two periods, but were any particularly dangerous? I think I can think of one or two.

Anyway, solid win. 4 goal lead, you're gonna sit back a bit. We bent but didn't break. Girardi hurt and Sergachev not being placed in certain situations lead to leaning way to heavily on the top 4 toward the end of that period. They were gassed and kept going back out. Kudos to them.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
The things you guys find fault with amazes me. The announcers did their job. They correctly reported that the Devils kicked TBs ass in the third period and that without Vasy the game is probably in OT, or worse, right now.

Devs did push back later in the 3d but they were trashing us pretty much from the start and never changed.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
They have won one period out of six in this series and still lost by three goals in this one. This was not close. It was close cause we kept getting pinned in and Cooper morphed into Boucher in the 3rd. They can't beat us through 40 with us playing all out, why lock it down so soon? At around 15 mins to go, you can feel the game tilt. They kept the pressure up with their speed and we just sat back. Too relaxed. God help us if we go into overtime. Stralman is going to need an oxygen tank. What on earth was his problem tonight...

Besides the 15 minutes the Devils controlled the game, it was all Tampa. Vasy came up big.

PbP and color guy can bug off. This game was not close. They could've had two more goals, but we could've as well. Paquette buries that chance to make it 6-2, it's even more skewed. Tired of seeing our guys stomp somebody and they act like we were given 5 goals before the game started.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I know there's not a lot of sustr fans out there, but it's pretty good when your 7th dman has as much experience as he does. Coop could also go 11/7 giving sustr, dotchin, and serge very little ice collectively

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

They said the score, when it was 5-1 I believe was not indicative of the game. It could've easily been 6-2 at that point. Regardless, that was before the 3rd and it was 5-1. A beatdown, yet they were sniffing their ass from puck drop. Doesn't have any bearing on the game, but the audio is part of enjoying the game, and when all you hear is how lucky or how you've been gifted goals - indirectly - for 3 hours, it gets redundant.

But I'm sure you'll agree with them and say you lucky we were to be up by 4 and how high level hockey is topz yo.

Reactions: Master P

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
They have won one period out of six in this series and still lost by three goals in this one. This was not close. It was close cause we kept getting pinned in and Cooper morphed into Boucher in the 3rd. They can't beat us through 40 with us playing all out, why lock it down so soon? At around 15 mins to go, you can feel the game tilt. They kept the pressure up with their speed and we just sat back. Too relaxed. God help us if we go into overtime. Stralman is going to need an oxygen tank. What on earth was his problem tonight...

Besides the 15 minutes the Devils controlled the game, it was all Tampa. Vasy came up big.

PbP and color guy can bug off. This game was not close. They could've had two more goals, but we could've as well. Paquette buries that chance to make it 6-2, it's even more skewed. Tired of seeing our guys stomp somebody and they act like we were given 5 goals before the game started.
I thought the game call was great, and spot on throughout. It's an interesting phenomenon watching so many people get upset about simply being told a truth they don't want to hear.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
They said the score, when it was 5-1 I believe was not indicative of the game. It could've easily been 6-2 at that point. Regardless, that was before the 3rd and it was 5-1. A beatdown, yet they were sniffing their ass from puck drop. Doesn't have any bearing on the game, but the audio is part of enjoying the game, and when all you hear is how lucky or how you've been gifted goals - indirectly - for 3 hours, it gets redundant.

But I'm sure you'll agree with them and say you lucky we were to be up by 4 and how high level hockey is topz yo.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
I never said anything about lucky and neither did they. All of the Tampa goals were solid and well earned. They said the game was closer than the score indicated, which was true. No one said the game was close at that point, just closer than the score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad