NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
At #7 we are likely going to get a very good prospect, provided the new brain trust does not reach beyond the consensus or Bob's list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Hockey news with a different ranking than most, pretty far out there

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Berkly Catton
4. Cayden Lindstrom

5. Zeev Buium
6. Artyom Levshunov
7. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
8. Alfons Freij
9. Liam Greentree

10. Sam Dickinson

Iginla at 11
Saliyev at 13
Parekh at 17
Yakemchuk at 25

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Berkly Catton
4. Cayden Lindstrom

5. Zeev Buium
6. Artyom Levshunov
8. Alfons Freij
9. Liam Greentree

10. Sam Dickinson

Iginla at 11
Saliyev at 13
Parekh at 17
Yakemchuk at 25
Way out there. That's Tony Ferrari's rankings. He is going off the deep end.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
If this is going to be another Tyler Boucher moment. This team is in trouble. Not drafting Russians, skipping on hockey IQ and skills. That's why we do not make playoffs for so many years. I would prefer dismal Leafs performance in post season and the " it is not junior bench conversation" instead what we have.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Berkly Catton
4. Cayden Lindstrom

5. Zeev Buium
6. Artyom Levshunov
8. Alfons Freij
9. Liam Greentree

10. Sam Dickinson

Iginla at 11
Saliyev at 13
Parekh at 17
Yakemchuk at 25

Interesting list . LOL. To me that top 5 is not THAT crazy. Catton is too high for me but I could see any of the others going top 5. But the next 5 is a little wacky to say the least.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder what Ferrari's historical past record is compared to actual drafts and redrafts. :)
I'm sure you can find his rankings and compare them to actual positions .. If you so desire.
He has moved around a bit but I'm sure you can dig them up.
Let us know what you come up with.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Blue Chip Prospect Mock Draft. Entertainment value only.

Wow, Eiserman and Perekh at 16 and 17, that's quite the departure from what I'd seen in the past. I haven't been following the draft too closely, so that could just be the normal shuffling that happens this time of year, I know some weren't as high on Eiserman in particular, but that seems like a big drop.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wow, Eiserman and Perekh at 16 and 17, that's quite the departure from what I'd seen in the past. I haven't been following the draft too closely, so that could just be the normal shuffling that happens this time of year, I know some weren't as high on Eiserman in particular, but that seems like a big drop.
I think you are quoting Ferrari rankings vs this Mock Draft that you actually quoted

1714415147469.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If this is going to be another Tyler Boucher moment. This team is in trouble. Not drafting Russians, skipping on hockey IQ and skills. That's why we do not make playoffs for so many years. I would prefer dismal Leafs performance in post season and the " it is not junior bench conversation" instead what we have.
You think Pinto was a bad pick in the 2nd round. Hard to take your opinion seriously. I dont see any scenario that there is another Boucher pick this year they are likely targeting a blue chip D man.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
I wouldn't hate catton. IQ and really good at drawing ppl in and making passes they didn't see coming. We need defenseman but we also could use a lot more transition forwards and he's quite good at that. Good on the pk too. Think ottawa will struggle to draft a player I'm upset with this year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sennecke is leading the OHL in playoff points (tied w Ritchie); Oshawa about to go up 3 games to 0

Parekh gets a primary on the Game winner , and a secondary on the insurance goal.. Missed the 1st 2 games of the series London won both. Saginaw wins tonight 6-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Senator Stanley

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
You think Pinto was a bad pick in the 2nd round. Hard to take your opinion seriously. I dont see any scenario that there is another Boucher pick this year they are likely targeting a blue chip D man.

Pinto is not a top 6 player. He will be paid 4 million a season. That is not a top six player contract. If he would be top six, we would make playoffs. He is a solid pick, what a player on a third line should look like. Teams find top six players in the second round all the time. We can not even find them in the first round. Kucherov, Robertson, DeBrincat, Peterka, Aho and so on. We actually need as the number one priority to find NHL starter calibre goalie and a good coach. Our defence is fine. What we need is to find help for our top six. We are very thin in that department.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I hope with the second pick in the first round, we pick a high IQ player in Emil Hemming. First pick, if not Lindstrom, then Helenius. This way we will have two top six blue chip prospects.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Pinto is not a top 6 player. He will be paid 4 million a season. That is not a top six player contract. If he would be top six, we would make playoffs. He is a solid pick, what a player on a third line should look like. Teams find top six players in the second round all the time. We can not even find them in the first round. Kucherov, Robertson, DeBrincat, Peterka, Aho and so on. We actually need as the number one priority to find NHL starter calibre goalie and a good coach. Our defence is fine. What we need is to find help for our top six. We are very thin in that department.
So now Pinto is a solid pick, last time you said he was a safe stupid pick.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
I am somewhat, selfishly, disappointed Sennecke is popping in the playoffs, was hoping he’d maybe drop into our second first round pick range, even though that was probably still unlikely.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Pinto just put up 27 points in 41 games. 54 point pace for a full 82 game schedule. And he did this in his second season with no training camp. And he plays defensively sound hockey as a 23 year old player.

Shane Pinto is tracking to be a very solid second line player for 6-8 years of his career.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I am somewhat, selfishly, disappointed Sennecke is popping in the playoffs, was hoping he’d maybe drop into our second first round pick range, even though that was probably still unlikely.

Yeah he's going top 15 for sure.

What's exciting about him is that he's very raw. He has grown from 5'10 to 6'3 in a couple years.

You can tell watching the way he moves that he's still getting used to his size. He's awkward in the way he skates and still needs to add some weight to his frame.

The upside is there to be a fantastic player when fully developed. I really liked his teammate Ritchie in the draft last year and I see a lot of similarities. Love me the trio of skill, smarts and size.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Yeah he's going top 15 for sure.

What's exciting about him is that he's very raw. He has grown from 5'10 to 6'3 in a couple years.

You can tell watching the way he moves that he's still getting used to his size.
He's awkward in the way he skates and still needs to add some weight to his frame.

The upside is there to be a fantastic player when fully developed. I really liked his teammate Ritchie in the draft last year and I see a lot of similarities. Love me the trio of skill, smarts and size.

Worth mentioning here that Carter Yakemchuk is a similar story. He was drafted into the WHL as a 5'9" offensive defenceman and is now listed as 6'3". It's hard to tell when exactly he hit his growth spurt, but watching him this year, he definitely has some of that same awkwardness in his skating and you wonder how much of it is the adjustment to his size.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
There's a lot of "what?!?" in here... but wait, what?!?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad