• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Three criteria:

Did they work hard? Yes.
Did they do something to make us proud? The no-quit thing is definitely something I like.
Did the youngsters play well? Howden looked good. Buchnevich (who is still a youngster) looked good overall, minus a couple of hiccups. Chytil and DeAngelo had middling games.

It was a good night.

Can I add a nod to Lettieri in his 21st game? He played as well as any of our forwards tonight.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
voy9wgiz5wuvcve2gdii.jpg

Butter ingrediuhnz, butter pizzas.

It was probably something more along the line of

I love what you do for me Toyota...leave off the last S for savings...who’s buyin

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Still going with the 27-29 range. I think they may come in a little better at some points, but I just don’t think Hank will be able to pull victory from the jaws of defeat as we get into the darkest, coldest days of winter.

Additionally, I have to imagine there’s the potential for a post-TDL swoon if certain guys are moved. Right now, a lot of those guys definitely look like they could be moving.

The King wasn’t going down without a fight against EK.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I think that play was horrible by just about everyone on the ice. Kreider with the dumb shot. Zucc and the center blindly skating in. Horrible change. ADA pinch.

I’d put about 70% of the blame of kreider tho. Idk what he was thinking there other than see if he can test the goalie then get off the ice. If he gets the puck deep all those other issues clear themselves up. If he holds up and passes go a teammate then it never happens
lol... what? You blame Kreider for putting a great shot on goal? His rebound isn't what came out of the zone, it was cleared by Burns with both ADA and Zucc in the O zone already. The shot was the right play.

DeAngelo didn't even make a bad play, IMO, because he was breaking right from the start out of the D zone with Kreider. If you want to put blame anywhere, it's a bad change by Staal and too slow of a change by Howden. Staal should have stayed on being the deep man in the period with the long change and reading ADA breaking out with Kreider. Howden needs to hustle to change or stay on and cover for the breaking D man, again because of the long change. Both lazily left the ice.

Reactions: nyr__1994

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
DeAngelo can obviously regress. But it seems like he will figure out how to play in this league and have a career.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Howden, Namestnikov, Chytil were all good IMO upfront. Buch outside of the assist really struggled I thought, he still leaves me wanting a lot more but I feel like I am alone on this lol. Can't think of any other forwards who were any good, and Hayes' line was atrocious. Defensively I thought Smith and Claesson were terrific. Claesson was extremely impressive and his skating and puck moving/puck carrying abilities were better than I even thought. Him and Smith were winning battles all over the defensive zone, moving pucks efficiently. ADA struggled, Staal needs to come out of the lineup and Skjei and McQuaid were torched.

Next game I would like to see Namestnikov and Chytil play with someone other than Lettieri, and keep Claesson in the lineup and takeout Staal.

9darter

Kreider is underpaid
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2007
Göteborg
Hank and Howden need no explanation.
My third vote goes to Staal who isn't even close to being as bad as some people here apparently want him to be.
A big fat negative vote goes to my man CK20. What on earth is he trying to do out there?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was at the game. Honestly, it was hard to watch. The Rangers barely had the puck and when they did they either didn't do anything or just missed the net on a good chance. But the Sharks didn't do much either when they had the puck. I don't know if they were just sluggish from a 3rd game in 4 nights on the other coast or what. They didn't look amazing offensively. They did well defensively and we couldn't get anything going. It was a very pleasant surprise that they managed not only to tie it but tie it on a very nice goal. Skjei's goal was great too. I feel like he should move to forward, his shots from the point are harmless (joking of course).

Howden was great, I'm very excited for the kid. The goal was sick, though I did notice it his a Sharks' skate, so it was a little more fluky than I thought. But this guy has a lot of potential. Honestly, what a bonus it would be if he become a legit 2nd liner. He's playing like one already.

Reactions: TheTakedown

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Howden
Lundqvist
Skjei

The Rangers goals were scored by a 20 year old rookie and two D.

I am happy the Rangers won last night so Quinn can get his 1st win as an NHL head coach. He sounds so frustrated.

It was the Sharks 3rd game in 4 nights on the road. The Rangers lit up Dell last season in SJ. He is such a small goalie. Mario used to always bring that up facing the Rangers. VBK and Richter were small goalies and Mario would just shoot high on them like Skjei did last night on Dell.

The Rangers should beat Edmonton tomorrow afternoon. Poor Conner being stuck on that awful team.

Schedule gets tougher next week with back to back games against the Avs and Caps.

Reactions: Ori

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Fell asleep after the 2nd for the first time this season.. and we win..

Namestikov was really good this game from what i saw.. oh and i heard Sam say Spooners name twice, so thats something.

(Hard Life balancing kids and being a hardcore NYR fan when games start at 1AM)

Saw highlights now.. oh Brady thats nasty!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Really impressed by the Buch backhand assist. That's a thing of beauty every time I see it.

Howden again with a strong game. Chytil as well. DeAngelo had a good game and needs to be paired with someone other than Staal. Overall most of the team looked good.

Zuccarello needs to be better. Just gliding at times and seems to just struggle to keep up with the play.

Reactions: Ola

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Glad they got the win! Howden was amazing all game long! I really think the Rangers have something with this guy.

Kevin Hayes, Mica, and Zucarello, continue to be essentially ghosts out on the ice. Awful decision to keep Hayes and Mica around for this season. I think it’s safe to say— those two are just not very good hockey players on a consistent enough basis. Zucc looks bored and seems like he angeling for a trade here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad