Post-Game Talk: #4 - 10/11/18 | sharks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
You can talk about what the other players could have done differently, or should have done, but majority of that is on Kreider. I'm sorry but that's not a great shot on goal. It was a lazy play.
I don't agree at all. I am interested to see what you think Kreider should do as he streaks with puck control and only one defender between him and the goal. Was he supposed to deke the guy? Go all AV and turn around and skate the puck backwards for the other team? Turtle the puck into the corner in his 1-on-1 situation? Fans would be all over him for that too.

I think 90 out of 100 players take that shot. The other 10 have the ability to try and deke the lone defender in a one on one situation. If you think Kreider is one of those guys, you haven't been watching his career. And, if Burns doesn't win the race to the puck on his rebound then ADA has a grade A scoring chance or a tap back to Kreider for a layup.

I feel like I'm debating Habs fans on whether Emelin tripped Kreider or he just decided to barrel Price over purposely.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't agree at all. I am interested to see what you think Kreider should do as he streaks with puck control and only one defender between him and the goal. Was he supposed to deke the guy? Go all AV and turn around and skate the puck backwards for the other team? Turtle the puck into the corner in his 1-on-1 situation? Fans would be all over him for that too.

I think 90 out of 100 players take that shot. The other 10 have the ability to try and deke the lone defender in a one on one situation. If you think Kreider is one of those guys, you haven't been watching his career. And, if Burns doesn't win the race to the puck on his rebound then ADA has a grade A scoring chance or a tap back to Kreider for a layup.

I feel like I'm debating Habs fans on whether Emelin tripped Kreider or he just decided to barrel Price over purposely.

Stop up and dump it in or peel off and wait for help.

That was the end of a pretty long shift.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Stop up and dump it in or peel off and wait for help.

That was the end of a pretty long shift.
Streaking into the O zone and 1 defender is there, skating backwards and not pressuring the puck high and you want him to dump it off or pull up and wait for help? That also means pulling up and waiting for more defenders.

That's bad hockey. I sure wouldn't be teaching anyone to do that. 1 on 2... yeah dump it or pull up. 1 on 1 with high pressure at the blue line... yeah, dump it and get a change.

Reactions: trilobyte

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That Claesson looks that much better than Staal out there is rather alarming considering he's a journeyman #7.

Marc really needs to be in Hartford if they don't buy him out by next season.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
That Claesson looks that much better than Staal out there is rather alarming considering he's a journeyman #7.

Marc really needs to be in Hartford if they don't buy him out by next season.

Not sure you can call a guy a journeyman when he's only 25 and just barely on his second team after playing in Ottawa for 4 years

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Spooner had sooooooo many chances in that game and... goose egg.

Hopefully the benching of Kirk will have the same effect as Names... he looks so much better.

I was very impressed by Claesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad