Post-Game Talk: #4 - 10/11/18 | sharks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Maybe I did jump down their throats a bit quick but they had a brutal four periods between this and Carolina.
I'll agree there were segments of brutal play. Brutal but mostly from inexperience and chaos not laziness or talentless play so it didn't bug me. It's going to take time and a lot of games. Even our cup contender teams had multiple consecutive periods of garbage hockey though. Every team does. They've looked so much better overall than I thought they would and that's even with all the vets who are invisible or negatives

Reactions: Miamipuck

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I feel I'm watching a different season then some people.
They outshot a team badly in one game, were neck and neck with Nashville and had a ton of great scoring opportunities. They won this game. I feel like you're exaggerating how "bad" this has been bc you cant stand the inexperience and disorganization that was bound to be with this team for a significant part of the season. Or you are just legit compelled to be annoyed regardless of any context, outside of near perfect hockey

Edit... and I'm all too aware that this team could go on a long streak of atrocious, embarrassing hockey but we have been soooooo far from that. Yet reading posts you'd think we were losing 1-5 every game with no effort

NYR HF board overreact? Nah, never. They only game that was bad was Carolina and I think we were even winning that game until middle of 3rd period.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I feel I'm watching a different season then some people.
They outshot a team badly in one game, were neck and neck with Nashville and had a ton of great scoring opportunities. They won this game. I feel like you're exaggerating how "bad" this has been bc you cant stand the inexperience and disorganization that was bound to be with this team for a significant part of the season. Or you are just legit compelled to be annoyed regardless of any context, outside of near perfect hockey

Edit... and I'm all too aware that this team could go on a long streak of atrocious, embarrassing hockey but we have been soooooo far from that. Yet reading posts you'd think we were losing 1-5 every game
with no effort

Except for that meltdown at the end in Carolina, where Gorgey has a rough game, we’ve competed. We could be 4-0 with a couple of breaks and bounces.

Handful of games into this year and there’s really A LOT to like. There’s also a good amount to dislike, but that’s a given considering our circumstances.

I’ll go back to that thread asking about our expectations. We’ll be better than some expect, yet not as bad as others assume.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Except for that meltdown at the end in Carolina, where Gorgey has a rough game, we’ve competed. We could be 4-0 with a couple of breaks and bounces.

Handful of games into this year and there’s really A LOT to like. There’s also a good amount to dislike, but that’s a given considering our circumstances.

I’ll go back to that thread asking about our expectations. We’ll be better than some expect, yet not as bad as others assume.

Still going with the 27-29 range. I think they may come in a little better at some points, but I just don’t think Hank will be able to pull victory from the jaws of defeat as we get into the darkest, coldest days of winter.

Additionally, I have to imagine there’s the potential for a post-TDL swoon if certain guys are moved. Right now, a lot of those guys definitely look like they could be moving.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Wtf just happened...?

giphy.gif
Pinkyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Three criteria:

Did they work hard? Yes.
Did they do something to make us proud? The no-quit thing is definitely something I like.
Did the youngsters play well? Howden looked good. Buchnevich (who is still a youngster) looked good overall, minus a couple of hiccups. Chytil and DeAngelo had middling games.

It was a good night.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I thought Deangelo was good. He made one bad pinch and the result was the 2nd goal for San Jose. I thought he was going to get benched but that didn't happen. He's making excellent outlet passes and generally played well with an anchor for a partner.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Good one and nice to see a win. Another big game for Hank and Howden looks great in all 3 zones.

Not really getting the Namestnikov love though. I noticed more energy for parts of the game, but overall he wasn't very good and making anything happen offensively. Then he's lucky he didn't get a penalty near the end of the game hitting that guy for no reason after the whistle.

Hopefully scouts are seeing what you guys are seeing in him so he becomes tradeable

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I thought Deangelo was good. He made one bad pinch and the result was the 2nd goal for San Jose. I thought he was going to get benched but that didn't happen. He's making excellent outlet passes and generally played well with an anchor for a partner.
I think that play was horrible by just about everyone on the ice. Kreider with the dumb shot. Zucc and the center blindly skating in. Horrible change. ADA pinch.

I’d put about 70% of the blame of kreider tho. Idk what he was thinking there other than see if he can test the goalie then get off the ice. If he gets the puck deep all those other issues clear themselves up. If he holds up and passes go a teammate then it never happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->