Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jakub Voracek 5v5;

2017-18: 0.58 G/60, 1.94 P/60
2018-19: 0.65 G/60, 1.94 P/60
2019-20: 0.55 G/60, 2.03 P/60

All three of which are 1st line level production... and this year is the highest of last three...

2014-15 (1st team ALL-STAR): 0.47 G/60, 2.13 P/60

He was scoring less that year goals wise...

As I would repeat again. Powerplay.

Therrien is basically sabotaging the team. AV isnt guilt-free either. Hes head coach at end of the day. They need to own up to their shortcomings and f***ing fix this.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Giroux did not have a good game today... but has been very, very good at 5v5 this year in regards to driving play. Also pacing for 25 goals without much help from PP scoring. Now he has not been getting assists... but statistically creating as many/more 5v5 chances as ever.

Jake is scoring at 5v5 at a higher rate than he has since he was a 1st team All-Star... JvR is up at some of the highest 5v5 scoring rates he has seen in career.

Objectively speaking the PP is pretty much the sole reason for the lack of fwd production.
1. JVR stinks.. He is not 7m a year player and there is a reason why he had been dogging it on 4th line.
2. Giroux was flat tonight.
3. Voracek is just frustrating. another 50-60pts disappointing season.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
The one positive for me is Kase. I love his game so far. Really smart, good fast skater, has some nice skill. I think he’s going to stick in our top 9.

Reactions: renberg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
GDT:
Event summary:
Injuries:
  • Laughton did not return following an injury early in the second period.
  • Pitlick did not return following an injury late in the first period.
Note:
  • Capt. Dave is doing the GDT for tomorrow (Sunday). It will be posted tomorrow morning rather than immediately following tonight's game. He has done yeoman's work for the site the past few days.
Liked for "yeoman's work". ;)

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
1. JVR stinks.. He is not 7m a year player and there is a reason why he had been dogging it on 4th line.
2. Giroux was flat tonight.
3. Voracek is just frustrating. another 50-60pts disappointing season.
Lol he literally used real stats and a sound thought process to explain the reality of what’s happening with forward production and your response is generic BS

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Lol he literally used real stats and a sound thought process to explain the reality of what’s happening with forward production and your response is generic BS
JVR Voracek are not our best players.. Lindblom TK and Couturier are..
huge numbers of games where JVR did nothing. so if he scored 2 number 6 goals against Detroit and Leafs to help his 5 on 5 statistic.. means nothing to me. He simple does not take enough shots, is not playing in OT, does not create his own chances, average in SO, not playing on PK not physical... and p***y out in playoffs. his % before todays game 7.6 but in reality it is 5.2
and Voracek is frustrating player.. overpaid at that but hard working.

you can blame Therrien.. I do.. for our shitty PP.

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I was in and out throughout this one, but I liked what I saw from Pimp today. He has looked afraid to handle the puck this year, but he looked a lot more comfortable today.

Need a player like him to step up to keep the train on the rails until the Flyers get some bodies back.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Appleyard You’re completely right about the forwards playing well. I’m not a stat guy but I’m seeing the same things you’re talking about here. Visually, they have their ups and downs but overall they’re playing well and creating chances, especially Giroux. But the points aren’t coming... part of that is teammates not finishing and a MASSIVE part of that is the coaches ruining the PP.

Unfortunately some people have a habit of just lazily scapegoat the top players, so you get posts like the ones you’re responding to. Then when you post stats to back up what you’re saying, they dig in and push back.

Ive been complaining about this all year long and people get mad about me repeating it, but I’ve continued to harp on it because it’s such a huge issue. Literally enough to cause us to miss the playoffs on its own. It’s been an issue since Hakstol got fired (how ironic is that...) and it’s still an issue now... with no signs of stopping any time soon.

I know you said that you expect Giroux to get back to around P/PG if he continues playing like this, but I just don’t think it can happen if these things outside of his control keep screwing him over. It’s depressing, Girouxs play is one of the few bright spots of the past decade.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
seems PP points DO matter.....when you are not getting them.

Yet for so many years people tried to downplay their importance when we had our guys in the right places, producing at a high rate.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m also totally convinced Therrien isn’t being a total asshole while trying to coach a struggling PK.

Convinced the boys must be thrilled to spend time with him.

Was called a idiotic hire when it was made, and remains to be so.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was in and out throughout this one, but I liked what I saw from Pimp today. He has looked afraid to handle the puck this year, but he looked a lot more comfortable today.

Need a player like him to step up to keep the train on the rails until the Flyers get some bodies back.

IckyEnormousCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
i dont know for sure, but fletcher seems like a GM who deals prospects and picks at the deadline for mediocre players. Might as well get after it now.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Seriously, the two faces of our franchise this season: Kevin Hayes and Chris Stewart. I can't even right now.

Look no further than the responses to that tweet to see that Twitter is the worst place in the world filled with morons. 98% of the responses are saying how they love Stewart. Those people are Authentic AF.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Just a disappointing game. That top line has not played well at all the last two games... Myers, Sanheim and Provorov all need to buy Hart a drink after their three horrible plays caused 3 goals. Team didn't play well with enough effort or drive but they didn't get any bounces and the Wild had more than a few. I read some nice comments from Vorobyev.. Don't see it at all. He still doesn't do much. Frost I thought may have been their best forward. Not sure why JVR and Frost weren't playing together more. With all these injuries this team's top forwards are going to have to step it up

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The team is missing about a third of their regular roster.

All the same, signing Stewart is such a damaging f***ing move. He's horrific. Everyone who claimed it wouldn't matter was wrong. All he did was kill offense if he touched the puck, and repeatedly hemmed them into their own zone with feckless clears straight to Wild players.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The team is missing about a third of their regular roster.

All the same, signing Stewart is such a damaging ****ing move. He's horrific. Everyone who claimed it wouldn't matter was wrong. All he did was kill offense if he touched the puck, and repeatedly hemmed them into their own zone with feckless clears straight to Wild players.

He's just in the way of everything, like that plug of earwax I dug out of my ear the other day.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad