Post-Game Talk: #32: FLYERS at Wild, Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
GDT:
Event summary:
Injuries:
  • Laughton did not return following an injury early in the second period.
  • Pitlick did not return following an injury late in the first period.
Recalls:
  • Multiple players could be recalled from the AHL and join the Flyers in Winnipeg for the game on Sunday.
Note:
  • Capt. Dave is doing the GDT for tomorrow (Sunday). It will be posted tomorrow morning rather than immediately following tonight's game. He has done yeoman's work for the site the past few days.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Stewart: the little plays matter. He had no pressure on him in the NZ and instead of sending it to a D to get a change, he dumps it down and rescinds possession. The change happened, but so did a scoring chance on the ensuing rush

Myers: perhaps his most forgettable game
  • Great play on the chip up the boards to cause a 2-1. Quick feet in tight space to get to the puck and good vision to see the developing numbers
  • Bad play on the turnover. Very bad. Trying to force a puck through 3 Wild players will never work...AND it looked like he was going for a Gordonian flip clear. Stop it.
  • Hesitated on a pinch, got caught, 2-1 the other way. Ghost with a great play to break it up. Phil is at his best when he just trusts himself, but this happens with any young player

JVR: yay! A goal. But could we not corral a puck within reach moving at 2 mph leading to the rush the Wild scored the first goal on? He was also halfassedly waving his stick at the wraparound, fly-by style. Weak.

Lindblom: <3

Farabee: one of the only bright spots of the game
  • During a change, took on the entire Wild team at the offensive blue line. Made a nice inside out move and got a quick, hard shot off for a chance.
  • Made incredibly strong plays behind the net with the puck to create his own space. One was against Suter.

Kase: Making centering passes after winning board battles, cancelling icings, getting to the slot for one timers. The 2nd of 3 bright spots along with Farabee and Hart.

Provorov: love watching him attack the offensive with speed. He is tremendous. However, his turnover was also bad.

I have been tact until now. This team has a job to do. When my grandmother died, I had to go back to work/school. Same with when Nolan died. If I did my job this poorly, regardless of extracurriculars, I’d be fired (or failed). This team was absolutely horrendous today, embarassingly bad. Defenseman making egregious mistakes across the board, Myers being the most guilty. Ghost punching guys. Stewart….lol. Voracek uncharacteristically weak on the boards today and losing battles. The team as a whole not winning 50/50s or generating...anything in the offensive zone. No less than 4 times was Hart left out to dry with odd man rushes down low, most times with no defense in sight. Not many players made noteworthy good plays today let alone played well.

The situation is unique, yes. But these guys need to figure it the f*** out, shorthanded or not, because what happened tonight is not even close to NHL quality hockey. I expect another stinker in Winnipeg, for obvious reasons, but perhaps a quick turnaround is exactly what this team needs. I can understand for now, in the short term, but it can't continue to happen. Sorry for not sugarcoating things, it's not what I do.

Last edited:

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I just can't blame them.
I would not be surprised if we not make playoffs after all.

If you play professional sport in any time in your life, you know what I'm talking about.

This season is not about results now. It's about Oskar, their brother, to be healthy.

+ these injuries and f***ing bad management...

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We all know this was the worst game of the season. Don't look at the stats. But with all the horrible, uncontrollable things going on right now -- with a team battling the insurmountable -- I can't stomach hot takes right now. So, I'm going to be not negative; I hope others aren't. It's not worth it. Bigger stuff afoot.

giphy.gif

Except for Michel Therrien. Can't wait until he's fired. I heard a falsified rumor he kicked a player sometime between the years 2000 and 2019.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I think we all deep down know that the flyer season is over to the events over the past week. no sense bitching about the lines the coaching etc the injuries have ended the season basically

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think we all deep down know that the flyer season is over to the events over the past week. no sense *****ing about the lines the coaching etc the injuries have ended the season basically
That seems a little dramatic. We're still in a playoff spot and TK should be back at some point.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
sloppy game. I think it was the wild's easiest game of the year really. They should've pounded us. Goes to show that we had a chance still and if it wasn't for two defensive turnovers, we actually could've had a chance. Wild were not great at all despite all that. I'll give the team a big pass for the injuries. Intersting to see what we do tomorrow...now we will have 3 ahl players (kase and whoever they call up) and one who doesn't even belong in North America (stewart)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad