Post-Game Talk: #32: FLYERS at Wild, Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
im referring to ahl depth..and running a complete diffirent system to add.

Oh, AHL system being nothing like the NHL one is not ideal.

But even down there still have:

O'Reilly
Andreoff
Carey
Rubtsov
NAK
Twarynski
Bunnaman

who have all played NHL games. Not many teams can say that... even though ofc none are likely more than 4th line level right now.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
AV is right... Vets had been slacking all season long. it is part of the problem.

it been the biggest probelm so far probably. Without the lindblom-couts-tk line, we would've been in trouble offensively. It was the only reason the pp was even scoring. The numbers of the pp looked decent only because of the 2nd pp and they thought it wasn't necessary to have giroux and voracek swtich, even though they haven't done a thing on it. provorov, niskanen, and ghost have 21 stp. Giroux, voracek, jvr have only 17. Voracek, in the beginnng of the year saying he is fine with only scoring 50 points if we win...dude we need you to be a scorer. Wtf kind of mentality is that.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Tbf they have all been fine at worst at 5v5...

their scoring is down almost entirely due to... yep... the PP.

Flyers have SEVEN fwds who have scored at 1st line level 5v5 this year. Seven.
PP is a huge issue. but our best players are not playing well.. I do not see domination. I do not see them pushing back all season long with exception of Couturier, our most consistent forward night in and night out..

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Callups will be made but no names specified, following post-game reports.
FWIW NAK is easily playing the best out of the Phantoms forwards right now. He is probably the most “Laughton/Pitlick/Lindblom of all the options too.
Rubstov returned and he has chemistry with Vorobyev. Honestly would love to see both up. Andreoff just came back too

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
PP is a huge issue. but our best players are not playing well.. I do not see domination. I do not see them pushing back all season long with exception of Couturier, our most consistent forward night in and night out..

Giroux did not have a good game today... but has been very, very good at 5v5 this year in regards to driving play. Also pacing for 25 goals without much help from PP scoring. Now he has not been getting assists... but statistically creating as many/more 5v5 chances as ever.

Jake is scoring at 5v5 at a higher rate than he has since he was a 1st team All-Star... JvR is up at some of the highest 5v5 scoring rates he has seen in career.

Objectively speaking the PP is pretty much the sole reason for the lack of fwd production.

occultist goat

Mar 16, 2019
it been the biggest probelm so far probably. Without the lindblom-couts-tk line, we would've been in trouble offensively. It was the only reason the pp was even scoring. The numbers of the pp looked decent only because of the 2nd pp and they thought it wasn't necessary to have giroux and voracek swtich, even though they haven't done a thing on it. provorov, niskanen, and ghost have 21 stp. Giroux, voracek, jvr have only 17. Voracek, in the beginnng of the year saying he is fine with only scoring 50 points if we win...dude we need you to be a scorer. Wtf kind of mentality is that.
jake isnt a goal scorer,he a assist machine and thats part of the problem..

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
so 3 ahl players: kase and two of twarynski, nak, rubstov, bunnaman and then stewart. Oh boy

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Okay guys it seems people want Therrien fired which is fine but you have to have someone to replace him with . who ya got in mind ?

The timing of this injury problem down turn is , Flyers play the Jets tomorrow and last year we got killed here . I have tickets again and there are always lots of Flyers jerseys and lots of people dressed up in orange and black . I was really hoping for a good game this year and still hope it happens but it's gonna be tough , still going to support the team anyways .

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Okay guys it seems people want Therrien fired which is fine but you have to have someone to replace him with . who ya got in mind ?

The timing of this injury problem down turn is , Flyers play the Jets tomorrow and last year we got killed here . I have tickets again and there are always lots of Flyers jerseys and lots of people dressed up in orange and black . I was really hoping for a good game this year and still hope it happens but it's gonna be tough , still going to support the team anyways .

damn hopefully they can play some good hockey. They are going to have to grind it out tomorrow. Sucks you have to see stewart and 3 ahl guys and no hart. Im hoping, by the time they come to cali, I can see hart, tk, laughton, raffl, and pitlick back (hopefully)

Reactions: wasup

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
he doesn't even do that recently. At least before he put up 200+ sog.

Jakub Voracek 5v5;

2017-18: 0.58 G/60, 1.94 P/60
2018-19: 0.65 G/60, 1.94 P/60
2019-20: 0.55 G/60, 2.03 P/60

All three of which are 1st line level production... and this year is the highest of last three...

2014-15 (1st team ALL-STAR): 0.47 G/60, 2.13 P/60

He was scoring less that year goals wise...

As I would repeat again. Powerplay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad