3 stars of the game for the Rangers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
and how he’s played is

and how he’s played is like how most 2nd overall picks have played. Considering half his games were wirh Brett Howden id give him the benefit of the doubt. His numbers have been very strong the last couple weeks with better talent.

Pavel Brendl NEVER not on his best day ever looked like Kakko so it’s absurd. He was a guy that never belonged in the league. So no Kakko never played like Brendl a guy again like I said would get laughed at by his teammates for being so bad. The opposite of what we hear about Kakko at practice. This might be the stupidest debate I’ve had on here in a long time. Not for nothing and I like you @Machinehead but for those of us that actually remember Brendl it’s an absurd debate

Your are a million times correct as it's an absurd and ridiculous comparison. Pavel Brendl and Kappo Kakko should never ever ever ever be uttered in the same sentence again under the penalty of being banned from HF Boards forever...lol

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
You'd be surprised at the good moods I can be in when the Rangers consistently outplay their opponents but we haven't seen that in six god damn years!
They outplayed the Ducks in 2 of 3 periods today plus the OT. And frankly, I wonder how much of how bad they were in the second was due to Hank mysteriously switching from ice hockey to luge like some sort of Winter Olympics decathlete leaving the net so wide open Erik f***ing Gudbranson of all people was able to score from 50’ out.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You'd be surprised at the good moods I can be in when the Rangers consistently outplay their opponents but we haven't seen that in six god damn years!

Yet they have won a lot of games in those 6 years. The only time you are in a good mood if they out chance and out shoot their opponent. Those are the only numbers you truly care about. You don't give a rats ass about the numbers that really count which is goals and wins. They are 16-12-4 and I don't care if that is because of Panarin, Zibs, and goal tending. All the wins count regardless.

Reactions: Maximus

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I pictured the Jimmy McMillan "taxes are too damn high" meme tone.

alg_jimmy_mcmillan_1.jpg
Probably not far off at this point

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yet they have won a lot of games in those 6 years. The only time you are in a good mood if they out chance and out shoot their opponent. Those are the only numbers you truly care about. You don't give a rats ass about the numbers that really count which is goals and wins. They are 16-12-4 and I don't care if that is because of Panarin, Zibs, and goal tending. All the wins count regardless.
Yes!

You're absolutely right.

I only care about outplaying the opponent.

I couldn't give a rats ass about wins that they play like shit in.

Hit the nail on the head.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They outplayed the Ducks in 2 of 3 periods today plus the OT. And frankly, I wonder how much of how bad they were in the second was due to Hank mysteriously switching from ice hockey to luge like some sort of Winter Olympics decathlete leaving the net so wide open Erik ****ing Gudbranson of all people was able to score from 50’ out.
I mean, if you were Hank, would you not be trying different sports by now?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If this team was remotely competitive, I could see it.

We talked all summer about how this season was about development and not wins and I see how quickly that's gone out the window.

It is about development first and foremost and the kids are doing fine. It's great that they can battle and win games as they grow and learn. You realize that they are still only 2 years into a rebuild right? Chytil, Fox, Lindgren, Lemieux, ADA, Kakko, Hajek have all shown they can play in this league.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

We talked all summer about how this season was about development and not wins and I see how quickly that's gone out the window.
Huh? The team is playing exactly how I thought they would. Inconsistent play but good signs from most of the kids (along with a couple setbacks), Panarin, Zibanejad, and Trouba looking like core pieces, vets declining/disinterested. Result = on the bubble, and likely to decline as the kids fatigue and guys get traded. Most probable outcome is to fall in the 8-12 range for the lottery.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

And I don't know what your definition of competitive is exactly. Their record says they are competitive. They have played some great games this year against some of the best teams in the league.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

They're not mutually exclusive. We have seen development. I'm not a fan of the defense Quinn has this team playing, but I think he's working really well with the kids, and if they're developing some synergy with the staff in Hartford, too, all the better.

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Huh? The team is playing exactly how I thought they would. Inconsistent play but good signs from most of the kids (along with a couple setbacks), Panarin, Zibanejad, and Trouba looking like core pieces, vets declining/disinterested. Result = on the bubble, and likely to decline as the kids fatigue and guys get traded. Most probable outcome is to fall in the 8-12 range for the lottery.

Exactly well said and as I said the other day other than Kravtsov playing in Russia which is pretty much the only blemish on the rebuild that I see, this rebuild is going pretty much too the tee about as well as any of us could have expected.

I'll repeat this as well. This year, as you say and I totally agree most of us would have signed up before the season that we would be competing for bubble spot which would give the kids some valuable experience playing in some important games in March but likely we wouldn't make the playoffs.

Next year needs to be a playoff appearance year. Maybe we go one and done but we absolutaly need to and should make the playoffs if things go according to plan.

Two years from now, we should not only be a playoff team but a team that could and should be dangerous enough to go on a playoff run that could have us winning a round or two. Maybe even going on a run like Carolina did last year when they made it to the ECF. I'd be happy tho with us winning a playoff round tho.

Three years from now is when we should be ready to compete for a Cup. The kids we have right now(Kakko,Fox,Chytil, Kravtsov,Lindgren, Shesty's,Georgies...etc), other kids like Robertson, Miller...etc will have 2,3 and 4 years of experience by than to join the Mika's and Panarins who will still be firmly in their prime, this team should be all ready set to go on what we all hope will be a 5-7 year run where we'd hopefully bring a Cup or two finally back to MSG.

I mean seriously, this rebuild cannot be going any better than it has other than as I said Kravtsov who I am confident will end up being just fine with us and I guess Lias as well but the jury is still out on him. Bottom line Gorton has done a masterful job getting us to where we are right now and the team is pretty much exactly where most of us realistic fans thought they'd be.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Also for those concerned with the team winning this much, I really doubt it's going to last. SJ, TOR, NSH, MTL, VAN, FLA, VGK should all pass the Rangers eventually, i.e. a 24th (or 8th lol) overall finish.

Deleted member 23124

Exactly well said and as I said the other day other than Kravtsov playing in Russia which is pretty much the only blemish on the rebuild that I see, this rebuild is going pretty much too the tee about as well as any of us could have expected.

I'll repeat this as well. This year, as you say and I totally agree most of us would have signed up before the season that we would be competing for bubble spot which would give the kids some valuable experience playing in some important games in March but likely we wouldn't make the playoffs.

Next year needs to be a playoff appearance year. Maybe we go one and done but we absolutaly need to and should make the playoffs if things go according to plan.

Two years from now, we should not only be a playoff team but a team that could and should be dangerous enough to go on a playoff run that could have us winning a round or two. Maybe even going on a run like Carolina did last year when they made it to the ECF. I'd be happy tho with us winning a playoff round tho.

Three years from now is when we should be ready to compete for a Cup. The kids we have right now(Kakko,Fox,Chytil, Kravtsov,Lindgren, Shesty's,Georgies...etc), other kids like Robertson, Miller...etc will have 2,3 and 4 years of experience by than to join the Mika's and Panarins who will still be firmly in their prime, this team should be all ready set to go on what we all hope will be a 5-7 year run where we'd hopefully bring a Cup or two finally back to MSG.

I mean seriously, this rebuild cannot be going any better than it has other than as I said Kravtsov who I am confident will end up being just fine with us and I guess Lias as well but the jury is still out on him. Bottom line Gorton has done a masterful job getting us to where we are right now and the team is pretty much exactly where most of us realistic fans thought they'd be.
I agree with your assessment, except I would say the Cup contender window will be 4 years away (as opposed to your 3).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@eyjee

"This rebuild will be license for the Rangers to keep sucking at everything while everyone throws their hands up and says 'oh well, it's a rebuild!"

Deleted member 23124

They're not mutually exclusive. We have seen development. I'm not a fan of the defense Quinn has this team playing, but I think he's working really well with the kids, and if they're developing some synergy with the staff in Hartford, too, all the better.
So, I'll ask again....just what "defense" does he have them playing? Looks exactly like the "helter skelter" defense that appeared when AV took the reins (sorry -- as much as people want, you can't blame that on Ruff as he wasn't here).

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
So, I'll ask again....just what "defense" does he have them playing? Looks exactly like the "helter skelter" defense that appeared when AV took the reins (sorry -- as much as people want, you can't blame that on Ruff as he wasn't here).
Passive 2-1-2 zone. It becomes helter skelter because they allow the opponents to fly into the D-zone with speed and blow past defending players.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You say "even Panarin" as if anyone else is :laugh:
Zibanejad took a huge step forward last year and is over a point per game this year. Buchnevich I think is better. DeAngelo has vastly improved under Quinn. Georgiev is a goalie but he's having a stellar year. Skjei still does dumb shit occasionally but he's having an improved year overall. Lemieux has taken a step forward. Strome you could argue for and against. Chytil has straight up been a monster.

I'm sure Quinn is not going to deserve credit for any of that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad