• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Ducks announcers were going on and on about Mika's ability - rightly so also

I'm really having a problem with Fast, Howden, CK, Staal. I'll give Howden a little bit of space for being so young.

I feel bad for Hank - if we were slightly a better team this would be a greater issue but the man has done wonders for us and no one should forget that. That being said that second goal was outrageously Glean Healy bad.

CK on the fourth line was fun to see.

Buch looks gassed all the time.

Brady had some nice stick work while we were being bombarded in the second period.

Glad I didn't go to the game.

Every game we are giving up 35+ shots - something needs to be tweaked.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Kreider played 11 minutes and didn't see the ice in OT. He needs to be better if we're going to be a winning team.

Reactions: egelband

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Oof Hank. Awful second goal and Silfverberg's backhand in the shoot out was uncontested. It was almost like Hank was guessing that he would pull it back to the forehand, so he didn't bother to move to cover the angle.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Hank allows two PPG goals. He's been really bad shorthanded. This is not a one game blip for him. It is a trend that has been going on for a while now.

mz8ePMX.png

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hank allows two PPG goals. He's been really bad shorthanded. This is not a one game blip for him. It is a trend that has been going on for a while now.

mz8ePMX.png
If by awhile, you mean his career, yes.

Hank has always been buoyed by even strength dominance.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
They really do need to start executing a transition plan. Georgiev should be the #1, even unofficially.

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
My thoughts:

1. Release Skjei. He's a disaster and always doing something STUPID at the WORST times to cost this team points.

2. Kakko is invisible and is starting to remind me of Pavel Brendl. Dude needs to hit the treadmill and get his conditioning straightened out. He's in his own head right now. That shootout attempt was weak sauce.

3. Lundqvist is nearing the end. The 2nd and 3rd goals were really, really bad. Shesterkin is ready and Georgiev has been racking up the wins. Sorry Hank, but your window was from 2012-2015. 2nd best goalie in Rangers history behind Richter, but it's time to go.

Honorable mention: What the F was DeAngelo doing in the shooutout when we had a chance to ice the game? C'mon Quinn, wake up.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Kreider played 11 minutes and didn't see the ice in OT. He needs to be better if we're going to be a winning team.
Pushed out of crease pretty easily on a couple of plays by the mean Duck D.....no push back from him at all ....not that I expected any .

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
We are blessed to have two players as good as Mika and Panarin on this team

idk what people were expecting out of this team. Personally I expected a bubble playoff team and that’s exactly what they are. They’re still insanely young and lack depth. I’m not too sure how I feel about Quinn right now, not really a huge fan, but he’s done an OK job this year I think. I don’t think the team is worse than they should be, so I don’t think he’s doing a bad job. I just question if he’s the guy moving forward.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
My thoughts:

1. Release Skjei. He's a disaster and always doing something STUPID at the WORST times to cost this team points.

2. Kakko is invisible and is starting to remind me of Pavel Brendl. Dude needs to hit the treadmill and get his conditioning straightened out. He's in his own head right now. That shootout attempt was weak sauce.

3. Lundqvist is nearing the end. The 2nd and 3rd goals were really, really bad. Shesterkin is ready and Georgiev has been racking up the wins. Sorry Hank, but your window was from 2012-2015. 2nd best goalie in Rangers history behind Richter, but it's time to go.

Honorable mention: What the F was DeAngelo doing in the shooutout when we had a chance to ice the game? C'mon Quinn, wake up.

IMO: Skjei has been no worse or better than any other Dman - even the Ducks announcers said that was a bad call.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We are blessed to have two players as good as Mika and Panarin on this team

idk what people were expecting out of this team. Personally I expected a bubble playoff team and that’s exactly what they are. They’re still insanely young and lack depth. I’m not too sure how I feel about Quinn right now, not really a huge fan, but he’s done an OK job this year I think. I don’t think the team is worse than they should be, so I don’t think he’s doing a bad job. I just question if he’s the guy moving forward.
I expected them to be an NHL team. I don't know how else to explain it at this point.

Look at Ottawa's roster. They absolutely shreked us twice this season. Look at the Anaheim team that just had a 60 minute powerplay against us.

Yes, Zibanejad and Panarin are worth the price of admission, we all agree on that, but everything else about watching this team is like having your balls in a lawn mower.

That game we just watched, by itself, was a fireable offense.

Reactions: leetch99

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
My thoughts:

you should stop having thoughts.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I think for the rebuild to work DQ needs to be more consistent with his reward/punishment system.

We saw Staal as a healthy scratch, we’ve seen Kreider demoted, and even Lemeiux was a scratch last game.

But having Hank play twice now after George wins, once after a shutout doesn’t seem fair. Howden and Fast get no punishment for being invisible every game. Smith also seems immune to punishment.

It has to be even regardless of veteran status or anything else.

Reactions: BreadKick

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I expected them to be an NHL team. I don't know how else to explain it at this point.

Look at Ottawa's roster. They absolutely shreked us twice this season. Look at the Anaheim team that just had a 60 minute powerplay against us.

Yes, Zibanejad and Panarin are worth the price of admission, we all agree on that, but everything else about watching this team is like having your balls in a lawn mower.

That game we just watched, by itself, was a fireable offense.

Those two first goals were gift wrapped to the Rangers. Hank gave a present back. But the issue is, you allow any team 40 plus shots on goal and its not good. Anaheim has struggled to finish, most of their middle six forwards are kids who are going through growing pains. Any other team would have buried them and this game would have been over by the 2nd. Remember the 9-2 loss to Tampa? That didn’t even take as many shots. Ottawa has beat them badly as well.

If the Rangers did not get Panarin or have Mika, could you imagine where they stood?

As per the balls in the lawn mower, was thinking more of balls in a blender but I think we are on the same page. Lol.

I have to give credit to Anaheim, after they gave up those two very bad goals, they fought back, and kept pushing. Still, a 2-1-1 west trip is not terrible at all.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad