Post-Game Talk: #32 - 12/14/19 | RANGERS @ ducks | 4:00pm - MSG

3 stars of the game for the Rangers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
always scares to hear Henrik say the team is playing good hockey when they were dominated for most parts of the game and only the top 3.5 players shows up to play each night.

Reactions: zephyr

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I never seen a top6 player get as many chances as Buch gets... Vesey was close but he's not a top6... same results though

Did you forget Buchnevich going at a PPG pace. Now he’s probably close to high 50s low 60s and his contribution without a puck still significant.
When Vesey was ever anywhere close to this? Your anti-Buchnevich biased is very obvious in pretty much your every post.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Did you forget Buchnevich going at a PPG pace. Now he’s probably close to high 50s low 60s and his contribution without a puck still significant.
When Vesey was ever anywhere close to this? Your anti-Buchnevich biased is very obvious in pretty much your every post.
? Buch is not a good finisher. The point of the post.

It seems that he always has prime opportunities but never cashes in. Like Vesey... It's an observation.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I would just add that there’s no guarantee that simply a good goalie will get hot at the right time. Going cold on the other hand would almost guarantee to ruin anything good a team is capable of producing otherwise.
True dat.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
? Buch is not a good finisher. The point of the post.

It seems that he always has prime opportunities but never cashes in. Like Vesey... It's an observation.
Kreider too, albeit to a lesser extent, for that matter. CK just redeemed himself previous years because he was an effective power forward (he was never supposed to be a sniper or pure goal scorer).

Deleted member 23124

I get the feeling all the people that said they wanted a rebuild didnt really want one. In general they take about 4 or 5 years, we are a year and a half in and people are losing it because we play like a young team with holes in a lot of positions, go figure. Keep in mind we have the same points as the maple leafs right now and are a point ahead of Tampa. I'd say we are overachieving to be honest.
I'm sure there are a good number of people who felt the acquisitions of Trouba and Panarin meant the Rangers were a bona fide playoff contender.

Reactions: Shesterkybomb

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I would just add that there’s no guarantee that simply a good goalie will get hot at the right time. Going cold on the other hand would almost guarantee to ruin anything good a team is capable of producing otherwise.
Remember Patrick Lalime? Great regular season numbers. Horrible come playoff time and no one remembers him now. Can Ward? Got hot at the right time and won his team a cup in 2006. You’re spot on. Truly great goalies — those who excel during the regular season as well as playoffs (no point in having a great sprinter during the playoffs if he can’t run the marathon to get you there in the first place) — like Roy, Brodeur and Balfour are hard to find, to say the least.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Remember Patrick Lalime? Great regular season numbers. Horrible come playoff time and no one remembers him now. Can Ward? Got hot at the right time and won his team a cup in 2006. You’re spot on. Truly great goalies — those who excel during the regular season as well as playoffs (no point in having a great sprinter during the playoffs if he can’t run the marathon to get you there in the first place) — like Roy, Brodeur and Balfour are hard to find, to say the least.

Huh?

Lalime had a career 1.77 GAA and .926 SV% in the playoffs

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm sure there are a good number of people who felt the acquisitions of Trouba and Panarin meant the Rangers were a bona fide playoff contender.

I think it was not so much we were going to be a "bonafide playoff contender" after we brought Panarin and Trouba rather it was going to more of an accelerator to the rebuild.

I think most realistic fans in here and I consider myself part of this group, thought we could be a bubble team if everything went right. Now though not everything has gone right(ie..Kravtsov, Lias, Kreider) enough has gone well(Fox, Chytil,Bread,DeAngelo, Trouba,Georgie..etc) that tho we aren't on the playoff bubble as we speak, we are in the general vicinity.

Anyways, Panarin and Trouba weren't going to make us a playoff team at all. Just made us a better team than withought them.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
always scares to hear Henrik say the team is playing good hockey when they were dominated for most parts of the game and only the top 3.5 players shows up to play each night.
Haven't you heard? Inconsistency now means almost every game the majority of the roster skates around like they're depressed and either refuses to engage or VERY half-heartedly engage in any sort of physicality or show drive. Then they get their heads beat in up and down the ice while HFNYR makes excuses. See? Inconsistent.

ThEy ArE iNcOnSisTenT haHAA ReBuiLdInG tEaM haHAA ThIs Is ToTaLLy NorMaL

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Panarin and Trouba basically made up for the loss of Hayes, Zuccarello and Pionk. Strome was a great add that wasnt necessarily expected to turn out so well.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Talent beats coaching 99 out of 100 times.

Besides Trotz, which coaches have consistently had a positive impact?
I wish I could find the article, but someone did a statistical deep dive into ranking coaches and their effects on teams. I remember it was not nearly as strong as you might think...I wanna say the standing points gained were in like single digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad