Dreger: 3 Way trade between Ott/Col/Nash involving Duchene has fallen through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I think Ottawa is adding either a 1st and/or one of our depth d-man.

If another team adds a good dman and picks, putting a guy like Harpur/Englund/Claesson/Wideman in a package who are for sure NHL d-man now or in the near future sweetens a deal that already has top end pieces in it.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Chabot is a very good prospect, and when you're a budget team like Ottawa, albeit one that spends relatively close to the cap, a controllable asset like that is very valuable. I suppose he's a guy you would move if you're pushing all your chips in for a Cup, but not to help facilitate a lateral move (ie getting Duchene for Turris). It's all a moot point, of course. No suggestion his name was involved in this deal at all.

Reactions: Cosmix and Boud

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because that's fair value for a guy that wants out with a year left on his deal.

That's fair value for a 1st line Center as a rental, not with more than a year n a half left...especially considering that any 1st from NSH or OTT + Duchene is a late 1st.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
That's fair value for a 1st line Center as a rental, not with more than a year n a half left...especially considering that any 1st from NSH or OTT + Duchene is a late 1st.
When has anyone, let alone someone like Duchene, ever been traded for a 1st + 3rd + 2 blue chip prospects? Maybe on hfboards.mandatory.com where trade value is insanely inflated, but not in real life.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why would Sakic trade Duchene for two just good prospects, a 1st & a 3rd?
When has anyone, let alone someone like Duchene, ever been traded for a 1st + 3rd + 2 blue chip prospects? Maybe on hfboards.mandatory.com where trade value is insanely inflated, but not in real life.

You switch between "blue chip" prospects & "just good" prospects whenever it suits your argument like a pro.

Reactions: Newusername

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
You switch between "blue chip" prospects & "just good" prospects whenever it suits your argument like a pro.
I first said I thought Sakic was asking for 2 blue chippers, a 1st, and a 3rd, and that that would be a crazy overpayment. You asked me why Sakic would trade Duchene for only 2 good prospects, a 1st, and a 3rd. I told you that was fair value, you told me it wasn't, I said players like Duchene never get traded for a 1st, 3rd, and 2 blue chip prospects which is what you seem to think he's worth. If I missed something in the conversation, that's my fault.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My guess is COL had a chance at NSH 1st+OTT 1st+both teams 2nd (probably future).. or prospects liks Girard, Harpur, Paul, Englund etc.. (with picks).

Hard to believe they passed IMO if that is the case... but 4 high picks is hard to pass on regardless

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Guessing Girard, NSH 1st, NSH 3rd were a part of both deals. The difference between the 2 were 2 Ottawa picks, or 1 prospect. Guessing Chabot, and White are not part of it. Could be Brown or a 1st + 3rd, but not sure Ottawa would want to do that. The alternative is lower prospects or 2nd rounders maybe, which is less enticing.

Girard, NSH 1st, OTT 1st, NSH 3rd, OTT 3rd or Girard, Brown, NSH 1st, NSH 3rd would be really solid hauls though, can't imagine Sakic would have those offers and decline.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
My guess is COL had a chance at NSH 1st+OTT 1st+both teams 2nd (probably future).. or prospects liks Girard, Harpur, Paul, Englund etc.. (with picks).

Hard to believe they passed IMO if that is the case... but 4 high picks is hard to pass on regardless

I doubt if that is the offer, that we passed. Sounds more like Nashville was the team that changed their mind.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa

Jeff Carter isn’t that far off - was traded for an *early* 1, a 3, and a young star-to- be in Voracek.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I first said I thought Sakic was asking for 2 blue chippers, a 1st, and a 3rd, and that that would be a crazy overpayment. You asked me why Sakic would trade Duchene for only 2 good prospects, a 1st, and a 3rd. I told you that was fair value, you told me it wasn't, I said players like Duchene never get traded for a 1st, 3rd, and 2 blue chip prospects which is what you seem to think he's worth. If I missed something in the conversation, that's my fault.

You said that if it were "just good" prospects it would've happened already, so I asked why Sakic would make that trade with "just good" prospects. To which you responded saying that that was fair value. So I pointed out that that would only be fair value a year from now, when Duchene is just a rental. After which you switched to talking about an offer including "blue chip" prospects.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Wait, so how are these 'high picks' coming from the Stanley Cup finalists and conference finalists?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mckenzie said that Ottawa would be adding

colorado didn't pass, Nashville did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad