Dreger: 3 Way trade between Ott/Col/Nash involving Duchene has fallen through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A 1st + 2nd for Turris even as a rental is a good trade for any team acquiring him IMO. It'd be cup contending team that would make that deal and thus the picks are likely to be in the 21-30 range.

I dunno, kinda surprised Nashville turned that down honestly. I suspect there was more going to Ottawa that Ottawa wasn't immediately sending to Colorado, which is why the Preds backed out(As the price was too high for them).

Someone like Kamenev or something as a replacement prospect for losing Turris.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not surprising, and something I've been saying for awhile. Players with 1 year or less don't have more value. Sure they CAN negotiate a contract with another team before a trade happens, but more than likely they won't.... despite what some fans want to believe to be true.
Its a good point. Its not like Turris is asking for a trade... He holds cards being a UFA at the end of the year. Ottawa may orchestrate a great 3 way trade but if Turris does not want to be part of all Dorion's trade concoctions ... he does not have to... He can wait it out and test the market when there is time to negotiate vs being on the clock of someone else's choosing. To me this scenario makes the most sense in the talks breaking down. According to Lebrun .. they never got to the point where Nashville spoke to Turris so... it would not make sense that Nashville din't want to. This also puts pressure on the Sens to sign him or move him for less, where Turris retains his UFA rights.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Even if Turris public says he wants to test UFA, he should still be worth a late first & a non-bluechip prospect to a Center needy playoff team. Especially a team like Nashville who would've won the cup last season if they had Turris around when RyJo went down.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
78K806OHPM.gif

Come on Sakic don't let us down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad