#3 - Dylan Strome C

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I like how a lot of our good young players are seen as leaders. Domi wore the C. And this year, Strome is, Dvorak is (co-captain), Perlini has an A...

Weeding out some of the past character issues. Anyone recall if Turris, Wheeler, etc. wore a letter in junior?

Certainly not in NCAA but I believe Turris was captain of his Burnaby team. Can't remember if he had a leadership role with Team Canada teams. Wheeler may have had a letter his senior year. Wheeler is a leader with Jets. Impressive development curve with Wheeler the last few years. I still remember the Calgary Flames scout I sat beside who two years after his selection was questioning if he'd ever be an NHL player while he drooled over Toews who he felt was the sure fire best player in his draft class.

Yes I'm aware he played well in the absence of McDavid (I thought it was 21 games though, not 30+) but you think holding the fort down for 6 weeks (early in the season to boot) is on par with being counted on to be the man for the entire season?

I'd be more concerned if Strome hadn't had that prolonged period to be the key cog in the Erie lineup. If it was a handful of games you could discount it but in this case Strome excelled with the increased level of responsibility. If Strome hadn't been handed that opportunity I'm not certain that he goes at 3. He really emerged from McDavids shadow during that period.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Hard not to watch jumbo Joe last night and not see the player that Strome is to become.
I thought Strome was supposed to be more of a shooter than someone like Thornton?

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Don't know if the 'Yotes play tonight but for anyone with some extra time on their hands this evening the OHL livestream website is doing a free promo (Code: FREEFRIDAY) so you can watch Strome tonight in his first game back in the 'O. I'll be at the game myself.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Don't know if the 'Yotes play tonight but for anyone with some extra time on their hands this evening the OHL livestream website is doing a free promo (Code: FREEFRIDAY) so you can watch Strome tonight in his first game back in the 'O. I'll be at the game myself.

Thanks for the heads up, perlini is on the other team apparently too so it's a double prospect game. The yotes do play, but it's like 3 hours after the eerie game.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
DeBrincat (2016 eligible) has 8 goals in 2 games against Niagara. Strome is going to be dominant this year. He looks a step quicker and is playing with more confidence.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
I suppose everything looks a lot slower after an NHL camp. Hope he doesn't get too bored.

What do you think his chances of winning the scoring title again are?

I've been saying he'll probably come close but between missing games for the WJC and in Arizona he'll just miss out. After his performance tonight though he could very well put up 120 points again. He was dominant.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I've been saying he'll probably come close but between missing games for the WJC and in Arizona he'll just miss out. After his performance tonight though he could very well put up 120 points again. He was dominant.

Please post more often on Strome/OHL. I know I really appreciate your insight.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I don't see Strome winning the scoring title with the 4 games he's already missed plus the 8 he'll miss for the WJC.

But you never know. His likely two biggest competitors, Marner and Dvorak, will both probably miss 8 games for the WJC as well.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Gladly. EON 93 is always good for information too. Any other Arizona prospects that are in the OHL? I'll keep an eye on the schedule

Christan Fischer - Winsor,
Christian Dvorak - London,
Brandon Perlini - Niagra,
Kyle Capobianco - Sudbury,
Ryan MacInnis - Kitchener,

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Gladly. EON 93 is always good for information too. Any other Arizona prospects that are in the OHL? I'll keep an eye on the schedule

Ryan MacInnis, Kitchener
Christian Fischer, Windsor
Kyle Capobianco, Sudbury.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Christan Fischer - Winsor,
Christian Dvorak - London,
Brandon Perlini - Niagra,
Kyle Capobianco - Sudbury,
Ryan MacInnis - Kitchener,

Erie plays Niagara more than team in the league due to geographic proximity despite being in separate conferences. London and Kitchener are divisional opponents. I believe Erie plays Windsor 4 times a year and Sudbury twice. I'll have plenty to report on

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Erie plays Niagara more than team in the league due to geographic proximity despite being in separate conferences. London and Kitchener are divisional opponents. I believe Erie plays Windsor 4 times a year and Sudbury twice. I'll have plenty to report on

Awesome thanks.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Pay wall...care to post a summary?
In depth video break down (maybe a dozen or more videos) demonstrating how far Strome has come in terms of mitigating the negative impact of his below aveetage mobility. Highlighting his improved positioning and decision making in all three zones. Growth from a player who got burned by being slow to a player who’s often right where he needs to be BEFORE he has to make the play.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
In depth video break down (maybe a dozen or more videos) demonstrating how far Strome has come in terms of mitigating the negative impact of his below aveetage mobility. Highlighting his improved positioning and decision making in all three zones. Growth from a player who got burned by being slow to a player who’s often right where he needs to be BEFORE he has to make the play.
Thanks for the breakdown, seems like they'd need a larger sample size to reach much of a conclusion. He definitely finished strong last season but it was in garbage time which still has me concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad