#3 - Dylan Strome C

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Nah it'll be all Newell Brown's fault.

Brown is the only guy I'd keep. He was brought in to fix the power play. The power play is the only thing in the organization that isn't horrifically bad. Above average, actually. He should have won the ****ing Jack Adams as an assistant for the 1st time in history for making any aspect of that suck-show, ****-pit of a team last season not terrible.

rt

May 13, 2004
They'll need a scapegoat for this coming season. Coaches go first. Tippett will be happy to go.

General Managers should get a chance to fire their coach. I get that. Maloney already had his chance. He didn't have the balls, or didn't have the blessing from an inept ownership group. Both Maloney and Tippett should be canned around December when this team is in 30th place. Neither will be. They'll both still have their jobs well into the summer. Our only prayer is Dave Tippett asking out in a public manner.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Brown is the only guy I'd keep. He was brought in to fix the power play. The power play is the only thing in the organization that isn't horrifically bad. Above average, actually. He should have won the ****ing Jack Adams as an assistant for the 1st time in history for making any aspect of that suck-show, ****-pit of a team last season not terrible.

All that is precisely why he'll be blamed and fired.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The PP with Boeds QBing it hasn't looked good at all. I guess we should wait to see a steady dose of Hanzal and Doan in front of the net before making a final judgement though.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I get that ownership doesn't have the balls to fire Tippett and Maloney, but if they don't at least fire Jim Playfair after this season, I'm gonna go stand outside the owner's box, one game, and burn Anthony LeBlanc in effigy.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well if they're as bad this season as they were last, we could always wear bags over our heads at the game. That's usually enough to get someone fired.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well if they're as bad this season as they were last, we could always wear bags over our heads at the game. That's usually enough to get someone fired.

That would require people to show up.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
They'll need a scapegoat for this coming season. Coaches go first. Tippett will be happy to go.

I actually think that if the team is on pace for 60 points or less, Tip will step down, could be as early as December. I could see him going to Dm and saying, "I can't make any progress with this group" and wants out. I could see DM thinking the same thing, maybe a change in voices in the room. DM also has to think about his job at some point, easier to blame the coach. If this is a disaster this year as predicted, I see Tip being gone.

Coaching is the least of our problems. Ownership, franchise maybe moving, no budget, and not enough talent are the major problems. A new coach won't fix these problems but could start another chapter/fresh start.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I actually think that if the team is on pace for 60 points or less, Tip will step down, could be as early as December. I could see him going to Dm and saying, "I can't make any progress with this group" and wants out. I could see DM thinking the same thing, maybe a change in voices in the room. DM also has to think about his job at some point, easier to blame the coach. If this is a disaster this year as predicted, I see Tip being gone.

Coaching is the least of our problems. Ownership, franchise maybe moving, no budget, and not enough talent are the major problems. A new coach won't fix these problems but could start another chapter/fresh start.

As in every business it all starts at the top. The Coyote fans have endured years and years of hardship and BS from this franchise, NHL and COG and most are still here, but I for one have had enough, and I'm at the point of not caring. If I ran my business and treated customers the way they have I would have been out of business years ago. The whole scenario is really just pathetic.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

I believe Yotes had 6th best PP last year. I'd say that is A with any personnel and A+ with that personnel.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
That's the main reason I am fine with us sending him down. Plus, based on the team's preseason we're going to be a trainwreck right out of the gate. Why expose him to injury and have him play his first nine NHL games on a horrible, horrible, NHL hockey team. I'd have loved to see him play, but I would lose my **** if he were to get hurt.

You didn't miss much.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Strome, by his own admission, had an 'ok' game on Friday. At this stage of the camp, he would have needed an outstanding performance to get to the "we will test you for 9 games" phase.

I am happy with the decision to send him down. Overall it has been amazing seeing him doing so well with the team over the last few weeks. I cannot wait to see how his game will mature this year and watch him at the WJC.

There is a lot to feel meh about this training camp but Strome was certainly not one.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I was really hoping that Strome would stick, watching him at the last game it became clear as daylight that his body wan't ready to play the game he wants to play. Hoping that he gets bigger and stronger this year. Sending him down was the right thing to do.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I was really hoping that Strome would stick, watching him at the last game it became clear as daylight that his body wan't ready to play the game he wants to play. Hoping that he gets bigger and stronger this year. Sending him down was the right thing to do.

I thought Strome was the best rookie, and the includes Domi and Duclair. I'm fine with him going back and will be looking forward to him making the team next year.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Anyone else at all worried that Strome will struggle in the absence of McDavid?

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Not really. I'm more worried he'll get bored till the WJC.

I'm not sure he'll get bored. He was pretty irritated with all his draft interviews being about McDavid. "How do you feel being in the same building as McDavid?" "How much do you worship the McDavid jockstrap?" "I see that you ate chicken for lunch. Does McDavid like chicken and if so prepared which way?" He's already said that he's going to prove he's better then McDavid's shadow. This year, the media will inevitably keep asking how he feels with the loss of McJesus. "So you missed one pass during the game. Do you think if McDavid was here, that pass may have gotten through?" That will keep him fired up.

rt

May 13, 2004
Anyone else at all worried that Strome will struggle in the absence of McDavid?

No. Not at all.

In light of Jaromir Jagr's announcement that he's bringing back the mullet, can someone please as Dylan Strome to honor the great mullets that came before his, and grow one back? I really miss Strome's mullet. I'd ask him myself, but I don't know how Twitter works.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm not sure he'll get bored. He was pretty irritated with all his draft interviews being about McDavid. "How do you feel being in the same building as McDavid?" "How much do you worship the McDavid jockstrap?" "I see that you ate chicken for lunch. Does McDavid like chicken and if so prepared which way?" He's already said that he's going to prove he's better then McDavid's shadow. This year, the media will inevitably keep asking how he feels with the loss of McJesus. "So you missed one pass during the game. Do you think if McDavid was here, that pass may have gotten through?" That will keep him fired up.

His brother, too. Ugh. 60% of questions related to McDavid. 30% related to Ryan. 5% about Dylan and 5% add hock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad