#3 - Dylan Strome C

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
If everyone but you thought he was, have you considered that it may be just you who isn't correct?

Everyone HERE, not everyone, the ones that call the shots seemed to agree.

The mindless berating of Chipchura on these boards serves no purpose, other than to exemplify the ignorance hereabouts.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
:laugh::laugh:Your are so correct. I hope this year we can have a rookie replace Chip, but I think a lot will depend on the game tonight.

Martinook was strong. He may have a shot
Duke really didn't show. Probably gets a shot
Domi skated around fast and accomplished nothing. Will get a shot.
Strome just flat out isn't ready. Shouldn't get a shot.
Plachta played well, but most likely not well enough.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, Reider was not near as impressive early on, as everyone here seemed to think he was.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/rieder-gives-arizona-coyotes-a-younger-version-of-lehtinen

“He’s a very smart, two-way player. Has the ability to score and make plays, but he’s an instinctive (defensive) player.

“I don’t like to compare players, but when I watch Rieder, I see him doing a lot of the same things Jere Lehtinen did in Dallas. And you know what I thought of Lehtinen,†Tippett said.

That's from Nov 17th - Two weeks after his first call-up.

Everyone HERE, not everyone, the ones that call the shots seemed to agree.

The mindless berating of Chipchura on these boards serves no purpose, other than to exemplify the ignorance hereabouts.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
IIRC we were so broke shoe-stringed that we couldn't afford to send NHL paycheques to both Rieder and Klinkhammer. That cleared up a few weeks later when Klinkhammer was traded. That Ribeiro money in escrow was a real killer.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
IIRC we were so broke shoe-stringed that we couldn't afford to send NHL paycheques to both Rieder and Klinkhammer. That cleared up a few weeks later when Klinkhammer was traded. That Ribeiro money in escrow was a real killer.

MAN.... don't mention Ribeiro - it get's me going off on the stupidity of cutting him loose and no one agrees..... everyone get's annoyed etc. etc. etc. :laugh:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hahah. I consider his name among Turris, Wheeler, Gretzky, Vrbata, etc. that really set off the fireworks.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Considering Strome generated 25% of the team's offense during the preseason, he probably deserves a shot.:laugh:

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Do you think they're seriously considering keeping him in Arizona this season? They were pretty adamant this summer about wanting him to be the guy in Erie and go to the WJHC.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Do you think they're seriously considering keeping him in Arizona this season? They were pretty adamant this summer about wanting him to be the guy in Erie and go to the WJHC.

It's anyone's guess, but he's a very intelligent player, that has been responsible on the ice. It's the being responsible part that concerns me, as Tippet loves that and I just don't see him as ready. while I'm personally certain GMDM & Tippet will agree..... who the hell knows? :popcorn:

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Rumor is Strome is on his way back to Erie. He's no longer listed on Arizona's roster.
You mean common sense actually prevailed??

Strome is listed on the Erie Otters 2015-2016 roster...

Last edited:

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Rumor is Strome is on his way back to Erie. He's no longer listed on Arizona's roster.

Had to see for myself. I noticed that Potter was cut from his PTO, signed to a 2 way deal, assigned to Springfield; yet he is still showing on the roster. Very curious as to what the press release will say on the cuts made.

Edit: I'm so torn on keeping him up vs. Sending him down that I'll be fine with whatever the decision ends up being.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
You mean common sense actually prevailed??

Strome is listed on the Erie Otters 2015-2016 roster...

Strome's been listed on the Otters roster since the beginning of the season and has been announced as a scratch every game thus far.

What seems more telling to me is that he is not on Arizona's roster.

EDIT: It's official http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=781587

Last edited:

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Strome did well so next year he will be even more effective. He will grow some, lead Errie, play for Canada, and come back hungrier then ever. He proved to us, the fan base, that he was a good pick at 3 so no complaints

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Nine games would've been nice.

I'm kind of torn to be honest; I would have been interested in seeing him play a few games. But I'm fine with him going back and focusing on Erie 100% right now instead of being dropped into the mix after a few weeks.

I think I'm also secretly glad because in those 9 games he'd have had a target on him and I want some more meat on his bones before he has to weather that.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Coyotes didn't want to waive Chip or Vitale in order to give Strome his 9 games. Shame about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad