#3 - Dylan Strome C

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
I'm kind of torn to be honest; I would have been interested in seeing him play a few games. But I'm fine with him going back and focusing on Erie 100% right now instead of being dropped into the mix after a few weeks.

I think I'm also secretly glad because in those 9 games he'd have had a target on him and I want some more meat on his bones before he has to weather that.

That's the main reason I am fine with us sending him down. Plus, based on the team's preseason we're going to be a trainwreck right out of the gate. Why expose him to injury and have him play his first nine NHL games on a horrible, horrible, NHL hockey team. I'd have loved to see him play, but I would lose my **** if he were to get hurt.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The Coyotes didn't want to waive Chip or Vitale in order to give Strome his 9 games. Shame about that.

You honestly believe that is the real reason and not solely that this is the right decision in the long run for his development? How jaded is this fanbase.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That's the main reason I am fine with us sending him down. Plus, based on the team's preseason we're going to be a trainwreck right out of the gate. Why expose him to injury and have him play his first nine NHL games on a horrible, horrible, NHL hockey team. I'd have loved to see him play, but I would lose my **** if he were to get hurt.

Good point.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You honestly believe that is the real reason and not solely that this is the right decision in the long run for his development? How jaded is this fanbase.

Hi! You must be new here...

;)

I sort of wanted to see him for the nine game stint, but putting distance between him and what looks to be a dismal and uninspired season is for the best.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Thank god they resisted the temptation and sent him to Erie. It'll be better for all involved in the long run!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
This was the right decision. I believe so because it's a rebuilding year and we don't need him since we're not in "win now" mode. Whether the team is better with him on the roster or not is irrelevant to me. He'll be a better overall NHLer with an extra year of junior and he might be ready to go next year. However, if he goes back to junior again I won't take it as badly as I took Max Domi being sent back last year.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Considering the source, that is some high praise. If he can uphold his end of the bargain at the gym and on the dinner table, then he will have a job.

Maybe playing a game would be nice, but considering how scrawny he is now, I don't want him to end up on the wrong side of Lucic.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Glad to have him back. He & Dermott can be the new Hans & Franz in the gym & at the dinner table.....:)

In all seriousness, he'll have the C, It'll be good for building his confidence with the talent we still have on the team. Even without Mcdavid in the lineup for a good part of last year he tallied a lot of points, he & Marner will probably battle it out for points with Debrincat in the mix.

Last edited:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I like Strome but I'm not sold yet that he's the answer to our #1C issue. I hope GMDM is still willing to bring in other potential #1C's down the line just in case he doesn't pan out in that spot.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Considering the source, that is some high praise. If he can uphold his end of the bargain at the gym and on the dinner table, then he will have a job.

Maybe playing a game would be nice, but considering how scrawny he is now, I don't want him to end up on the wrong side of Lucic.

A huge part of stronger for him will be quicker/faster.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
I like Strome but I'm not sold yet that he's the answer to our #1C issue. I hope GMDM is still willing to bring in other potential #1C's down the line just in case he doesn't pan out in that spot.

I'd happily slot him in at number 2, right behind Matthews :)

Seriously that would instantly fix the entire franchise.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Agreed. Strome was not ready, at 18 he shouldn't be, that simple. Has nothing to do with us getting 50 points or 110 if we were the ducks. He's ready when he's ready.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
And there's always..... that he won't help us win now.

Well, that too if you say so, I just didn't have an informed opinion on it since I got to watch him for a grand total of 4 periods of terrible pre-season hockey and didn't get to watch any of the training camp practices or scrimmages or anything.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

He is our most talented forward we have since the Coyotes moved to Arizona, but he still has to prove himself, but I have no doubt he will. He was the best rookie in pre-season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Who's going to fire him? IA is in L-O-V-E with the DM/DT battery. DM has the same exact warm and fuzzies.

They'll need a scapegoat for this coming season. Coaches go first. Tippett will be happy to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad