GDT: 3/10/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Not sure it's in their DNA...I'm not even sure it's coopers fault. They just are what they are...a very good regular season team. Talented but they lack something...urgency is the best word I can think of. You can berate me but it won't change the team dna

I agree 100% and that’s exactly the correct word. Lack of urgency has hampered us for a few seasons now. Sometimes we have it, but often it’s sorely missing. But always seems to never be there when needed at the most crucial times. You can almost see it in their body language & how the game unfolds, the way they hustle & skate, shots taken, lack of forecheck, sluggish reactions, etc...

I honestly don’t know if we should expect more from them after all this time. Perhaps it is their DNA

Reactions: T REX

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We're gonna beat the shit out of Philly and then lose to Detroit and Jersey.
We beat det, and coleman's first game vs devils. Gonna win both those games. Have a good shot at beating Philly to. Wouldn't be surprised to go 3-0.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I agree 100% and that’s exactly the correct word. Lack of urgency has hampered us for a few seasons now. Sometimes we have it, but often it’s sorely missing. But always seems to never be there when needed at the most crucial times. You can almost see it in their body language & how the game unfolds, the way they hustle & skate, shots taken, lack of forecheck, sluggish reactions, etc...

I honestly don’t know if we should expect more from them after all this time. Perhaps it is their DNA
3rd game in 4 nights might take a toll on that. Just a possibility.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com

They almost play like they'd rather lose pretty than to win ugly...

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
That's not what I said, and that's certainly not what your original comment implied.

"Stamkos sure, but Hedman is a difference maker" seems pretty clearly that Hedman makes a difference but Stamkos doesn't (or barely does.) Which is absolutely ludicrous.
I’m not really worried enough to argue about it, but the main point of my post was that we were missing Hedmans zone exits tonight. More so than stammers bombs. We constantly coughed up the puck trying to transition to offense, and became hemmed in.

I can understand that I wasn’t super clear about that. My GDT posts are about expressing emotion rapidly and without forethought.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Or lose to Philly and then feel good about ourselves beating lottery teams. I just hope whatever the outcome, the team plays the right way. Put together a complete, competitive effort that we can feel good about.
They should get up for the Philly game.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
They should get up for the Philly game.
Yeah but they should of done that tonight knowing this could be our playoff matchup. They acknowledged that too before the game. Everyone on the team wanted to talk about the possibility of playing Boston in the 2nd round the other night, but there's already a high probability we'll face Toronto first.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
3rd game in 4 nights might take a toll on that. Just a possibility.

Do you think this isn’t a recurring theme? Would I really be harping on their effort if it was only a handful of games sample size??

C’mon dude, we’ve seen this play out the same way for a few seasons now. Complacency & lack of urgency are chronic issues. They’re not major, but have def kept us from reaching full potential. And it’s frustrating as hell

Also, the 3 games in 4 nights stuff sounds like a Cooper excuse

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Yeah but they should of done that tonight knowing this could be our playoff matchup. They acknowledged that too before the game. Everyone on the team wanted to talk about the possibility of playing Boston in the 2nd round the other night, but there's already a high probability we'll face Toronto first.
We’re doing like Columbus last year did, the long con. Going to give them the false confidence to encourage mediocrity.
We’ve got em right where we want em

Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If they beat them tonight would that have made you more confident in beating them in a 7 game series?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ya part could be tired but also everyone is cold shooting everyone and with hedman rutta and/or stamkos is everyone is cold but stamkos and hedman we still are going no where that is really what has concerned me of this team i expect more from the other lines

kucherov has the talent 15 games left to actually win the goal title imho but he wont shoot
he will not catch points total but he has the make up to score goals with almost anyone in league

is frustrating i dont want him ever on stamkos side ever for any reason

i simply want him to shoot the puck be a little selfish let them fight for rebounds and maybe get some gritty goals

palat had the one from this

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Do you think this isn’t a recurring theme? Would I really be harping on their effort if it was only a handful of games sample size??

C’mon dude, we’ve seen this play out the same way for a few seasons now. Complacency & lack of urgency are chronic issues. They’re not major, but have def kept us from reaching full potential. And it’s frustrating as hell

I mean I get what you’re saying, but three games in four nights at the tail end of a season is a pretty good damn excuse.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If they beat them tonight would that have made you more confident in beating them in a 7 game series?
I think putting together a string of good games would help. Or just look remotely close to the team from a month ago. That's the concerning part.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

I'm reserving my judgment for the playoffs. Thats all that matters. If this team falters in round 1 then blow it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad