GDT: 3/10/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Not sure it's in their DNA...I'm not even sure it's coopers fault. They just are what they are...a very good regular season team. Talented but they lack something...urgency is the best word I can think of. You can berate me but it won't change the team dna
Sure looked liked they had plenty of urgency against boston the other night.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
But I thought they would have been motivated last year after being the first ever team to get shutout in games 6&7 in a conference final?
People have said that about us ever since we lost in the finals 5 years ago.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Probably should've done our part in facilitating that tonight then...
Eh... :( :( :( We've not helped the Cats tonight... and considering that they're not the most useful franchise in the NHL....it means that, in the first round, we'll play against Toronto.
And if our playbook is this one...it's an easy loss.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Idk man, games you think they would be amped up for and they show up and play like this. I dont get this team.
I think media plays a role in that. Tonight was a good example. Sometimes people think that its a big game just because "its toronto" when in reality its really just another game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We better hope Hedman is healthy in the playoffs this time. We're not going anywhere without him.

Reactions: The Gongshow

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Sure looked liked they had plenty of urgency against boston the other night.
Their problem is consistency. Lack of focus. I don't know...the chemistry is really bad. But like you said...a few weeks to work it out.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we had our chances no one can finish and KUCHEROV IS STILL REFUSING TO SHOOT THE PUCK

everyone struggling to finish he wont shoot its costing us wins for sure

two guys at net there you throw the puck at goalie nope he skates it deeper and then we get not shot

is INSANE

im his biggest fan but i want to yell my head off at him

StaySalty

Apr 12, 2018
Lakeland, Florida
Not sure it's in their DNA...I'm not even sure it's coopers fault. They just are what they are...a very good regular season team. Talented but they lack something...urgency is the best word I can think of. You can berate me but it won't change the team dna
Urgency and killer instinct. They don't keep the pedal down.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Their problem is consistency. Lack of focus. I don't know...the chemistry is really bad. But like you said...a few weeks to work it out.
I'm telling you, people amp up the importance of games way too much sometimes. Yes, i'd love to see them win every night. But they're human just like the rest of us. They turned tonight into a close game. If they started on time then they had a good chance of walking out with a win. Didn't happen, move on to the next one.

Pretty sure that nobody needs to remind them about what happened last year. If they show up flat in game 1 then i'm all for tearing it down. However, I don't see that happening.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Someone on this team needs to get greedy and WANT to take on the Stammer role of sniper and Shooooooot the puck ON THE NET (looking at you Johnny)... Everyone is trying to be a good teammate and set the other guy up.. forget that.. go get you some, EAT THEM Ws!!!

Reactions: StaySalty

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
You've spent lot of time, last season, trying to teach me that it's not right to talk about the possibility to switch, suddenly, our playbook/effort/intensity entering into the post season.
So, I've learnt it and for this reason, against the 2 playoffs opponents (Toronto and Boston) I was looking for a playoffs style games. I was looking to a training for the post season.
Nothing to say about the Boston game.
But I've much to say about the last 2 Toronto games.
And we'll have a third game, at the end of March, at home.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hey look I found the guy that thinks stamkos makes a bigger difference on this team than hedman.
That's not what I said, and that's certainly not what your original comment implied.

"Stamkos sure, but Hedman is a difference maker" seems pretty clearly that Hedman makes a difference but Stamkos doesn't (or barely does.) Which is absolutely ludicrous.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Philly is next on Thursday. Another chance against a good team to correct issues. But then it's Detroit and NJ.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
That's not what I said, and that's certainly not what your original comment implied.

"Stamkos sure, but Hedman is a difference maker" seems pretty clearly that Hedman makes a difference but Stamkos doesn't (or barely does.) Which is absolutely ludicrous.
Hedman is the glue that keeps this team together. Once him and Rutta are back the back end is gonna be playing a lot better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad