GDT: 3/10/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
I've read the entire Leaf board tonight and not once has anyone said that. Good game though. Good luck down the stretch.
100% Agree. Not just stalking Lightning boards as a Leafs fan after a game vs the leafs. Tampa is a fascinating team so always watching this forum. As crazy as our fanbase is, nobody is crazy enough to say Tampa is an easy matchup.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Powerplay is so much more dangerous with Stammer, faceoffs took a hit too
Our PP is garbage without Stammer. Other teams either cheat to take away the one timer and opens up the slot for Point or other dot for Kuch, or Stammer blasts it home 7/10.

Kuch doesnt shoot the bloody puck and Serg always tries to get it to kuch. I hate our PP

PK hasnt been stellar lately either. Ugh.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
100% Agree. Not stalking Lightning boards as a Leafs fan after a game vs the leafs. Tampa is a fascinating team so always watching this forum. As crazy as our fanbase is, nobody is crazy enough to say Tampa is an easy matchup.
Tampa boards has alot of criticism, sky is falling panic and random charts and Rutta love.

To be fair this team is cursed beyond belief with injuries, losing to non playoff teams, never playing a full 60 and choking in the playoffs...so it's not always positive here lmao!

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Nylander looks like a designer baby from Yucon Cornelius and the Dentist from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

tumblr_inline_p10whoVg6Y1refalr_540.jpg

GettyImages-1085700262-1024x683.jpg

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I just hope they play a complete game when playoffs start, Toronto was beating the shit out of us at the start and you could see it had much more to do with us not showing up and than them playing good

Agree. Im worried that the same thing as last year is happening. Really nowhere to go in the standings. No meaningful games. Hope it doesnt make us flat come playoff time. Its made us flat in these games against the Leafs lately. I dont know if that is because we know we are playing them or FL and just dont want to show anything to them until playoffs. Just hope we are healthy and playing well when the playoffs start. I remember a couple years ago we went in flat and then were like a rocket coming out against New Jersey. Hope they have that fire to start the tourney.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I don't think i've been happier with a guy that doesn't seem to fit than Coleman. He does pretty much everything right, but no matter what line he is he looks like hes dragging around two boat anchors. I don't know where they'll find chemistry for him but they've got to keep trying.

55-24 shouldn't be a pairing, at all. 24 is too risky at times and makes interesting pinches, 55 just doesn't have the speed anymore.

McD isn't healthy yet and i'm a bit surprised he didn't hurt himself last night, he had a few choice movements where I thought he was going to pull a groin or just looked like he didn't have the strength to do what he wanted to on his edges.

Also getting worried that, this late in the season, Rutta still isn't back and the more he sits, the longer it'll take to get on that ankle and trust it again.

Not addressing defense better at the deadline is going to be a problem.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think i've been happier with a guy that doesn't seem to fit than Coleman. He does pretty much everything right, but no matter what line he is he looks like hes dragging around two boat anchors. I don't know where they'll find chemistry for him but they've got to keep trying.

55-24 shouldn't be a pairing, at all. 24 is too risky at times and makes interesting pinches, 55 just doesn't have the speed anymore.

McD isn't healthy yet and i'm a bit surprised he didn't hurt himself last night, he had a few choice movements where I thought he was going to pull a groin or just looked like he didn't have the strength to do what he wanted to on his edges.

Also getting worried that, this late in the season, Rutta still isn't back and the more he sits, the longer it'll take to get on that ankle and trust it again.

Not addressing defense better at the deadline is going to be a problem.

For how long he's been out I doubt Ruuta comes back like he left either. He was on a roll for the first time since his rookie season and then gets sidelined for 2 months.

Coleman with Cirelli just isn't working, his offensive game is just too north-south - honestly I would just try him with 2 other guys who have flat offensive games like Gourde and Johnson to see if they can get eachother out of a funk.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
For how long he's been out I doubt Ruuta comes back like he left either. He was on a roll for the first time since his rookie season and then gets sidelined for 2 months.

Coleman with Cirelli just isn't working, his offensive game is just too north-south - honestly I would just try him with 2 other guys who have flat offensive games like Gourde and Johnson to see if they can get eachother out of a funk.
I can almost guarantee he won't come back the same - nobody ever does with high ankle sprains.

I can't figure out where to put Coleman, though.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I dont want to be the debbie downer but it just doesnt feel like our year. Injuries, depth not scoring, Cooper being cooper. Only hopes I have is if Vasi comes to play and our stars show up. Coin flip.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Would love to see these lines going forward:

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Cirelli - Gourde
Coleman - Johnson - Verhaeghe
Maroon - Paquette - Goodrow

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I can almost guarantee he won't come back the same - nobody ever does with high ankle sprains.

I can't figure out where to put Coleman, though.
Coleman plays like Miller when it comes to offense. Straight lines and gets to the net. I have been saying since Stammer went down. Put him on a line with Kuch and Point. Coleman just needs to get his stick down with Kuch and it could work. Coleman also is a shooter and with Point and Kuch deciding to pass 9 times out of 10, Palat isn't the shot you want there.

But you know...people keep telling me I'm wrong.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

But but...people have said Gourde moving up and Coleman with Cirelli and Killorn is the best way...

I have been saying the best lines to try out would be

Coleman - Point - Kucherov
Palat - Cirelli - Killorn
Johnson - Goodrow - Gourde
Maroon - Paquette - Verhaeghe

You can swap between Gourde and Verhaeghe when needed or if one is under performing. Move Palat with Johnson if Johnson slumps, because we know that works.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I'd rather move Cirelli to wing on the top line than put Coleman up there at this point. Then make Coleman and Gourde your 2C/3C (or vice versa).

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I'd give Coleman a game with Point and Kucherov, see if he can get something going with the big guns. I'm not sure he has the creativity/passing ability to keep up, but crazier things have worked.

If the fit isn't there, maybe just roll out a Gourde-Johnson-Coleman line and let them run around and not score together. Regardless, Coleman isn't hurting us when he's out there - he's just not scoring (yet).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
But but...people have said Gourde moving up and Coleman with Cirelli and Killorn is the best way...

I have been saying the best lines to try out would be

Coleman - Point - Kucherov
Palat - Cirelli - Killorn
Johnson - Goodrow - Gourde
Maroon - Paquette - Verhaeghe

You can swap between Gourde and Verhaeghe when needed or if one is under performing. Move Palat with Johnson if Johnson slumps, because we know that works.
disagree per usual

we need secondary scoring and we can almost gtd it by playing johnson palat together and know both seem about useless if they are apart.... I do not get why they are not stapled together...

i dont want to start a cooper bash but im gonna

obviously has been kuch's team no matter what people think for a bit and kuch does not listen to him why halpern is one after him and cooper is like im not hearing any of this etc... when i said coop lost team its what im talking of he def has lost kuch for the most part i mean we all seen him laughing on bench and otherwise..... yes 20 egos is a pain in ass to deal with.... most people think torts would drive kuch nuts but maybe they get along you dont know with players..... i want coleman on top line hes creating and getting chances nightly.... rest dont care so much honestly besides we need palat with johnson plus x that x dont matter i think best line is with cirelli tyjo palat but im open to others .... open to killer gourde coleman too.... goodrow can play with anyone hes been fine id not want him as fourth liner rather have verhaegh or stephens ....both have not played great showing their plus minus but they are both acceptable in my book wish had other options

so point colema kucherov
cirelli tyjo palat
goodrow killer gourde
paquette maroon x

p.s. maroon plus 4 paquette minus 1 so to have stephens and verhaegh at -9 is upsetting honestly

be better when stamkos back can sit the kids lol....

i think we are locked with our core and cooper so not trying to start that debate honestly.... just its obvious kucherov could help us with a little more respect to cooper and staff and a little less ego

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
disagree per usual

we need secondary scoring and we can almost gtd it by playing johnson palat together and know both seem about useless if they are apart.... I do not get why they are not stapled together...

i dont want to start a cooper bash but im gonna

obviously has been kuch's team no matter what people think for a bit and kuch does not listen to him why halpern is one after him and cooper is like im not hearing any of this etc... when i said coop lost team its what im talking of he def has lost kuch for the most part i mean we all seen him laughing on bench and otherwise..... yes 20 egos is a pain in ass to deal with.... most people think torts would drive kuch nuts but maybe they get along you dont know with players..... i want coleman on top line hes creating and getting chances nightly.... rest dont care so much honestly besides we need palat with johnson plus x that x dont matter i think best line is with cirelli tyjo palat but im open to others .... open to killer gourde coleman too.... goodrow can play with anyone hes been fine id not want him as fourth liner rather have verhaegh or stephens ....both have not played great showing their plus minus but they are both acceptable in my book wish had other options

so point colema kucherov
cirelli tyjo palat
goodrow killer gourde
paquette maroon x

p.s. maroon plus 4 paquette minus 1 so to have stephens and verhaegh at -9 is upsetting honestly

be better when stamkos back can sit the kids lol....

i think we are locked with our core and cooper so not trying to start that debate honestly.... just its obvious kucherov could help us with a little more respect to cooper and staff and a little less ego
I did say moving Palat with Johnson is also an option. Which is probably the best option honestly. The problem is the incessant need to keep Gourde down, staple Palat with Kuch and Point, and Johnson on a revolving door of bottom 6.

Kuch needs Point to bring the puck into the zone. Without Point, Kuch will just pass it away in 2 seconds. Can't split them up. Palat is the only person on the team in 6 years that has gotten Johnson going. Yet we still don't move back to that line. Coleman is a Swiss army knife and can play anywhere in the lineup. Goodrow is a great bottom 6 fit. Cirelli and Killorn work extremely well together. So do does Ceddy and Maroon.

It's not hard to see that Kuch needs someone who can shoot more and or get into the dirty areas better, which Coleman does. Gourde with his forecheck will fit with Cirelli and Killorn. It just means Verhaeghe gets stapled on the fourth which isn't ideal for his play, and better suited for Stephens.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Kucherov's talent level is undeniable but stuff like that, it wears people thin. Funny how he's the only guy out there pouting, making a scene, openly showing his frustration not only with himself, but teammates as plays happen. It has been happening all season but quite a bit lately. If this guy doesn't grow up a bit, I don't see him being in Tampa for the length of that contract.

I like accountability and players holding eachother to a certain standard, but if we aren't successful this season, I don't see people putting up with that for years to come.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Some players are better when they are mad. Kucherov hasnt been that kind of player yet. May never be. Not a good thing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I did say moving Palat with Johnson is also an option. Which is probably the best option honestly. The problem is the incessant need to keep Gourde down, staple Palat with Kuch and Point, and Johnson on a revolving door of bottom 6.

Kuch needs Point to bring the puck into the zone. Without Point, Kuch will just pass it away in 2 seconds. Can't split them up. Palat is the only person on the team in 6 years that has gotten Johnson going. Yet we still don't move back to that line. Coleman is a Swiss army knife and can play anywhere in the lineup. Goodrow is a great bottom 6 fit. Cirelli and Killorn work extremely well together. So do does Ceddy and Maroon.

It's not hard to see that Kuch needs someone who can shoot more and or get into the dirty areas better, which Coleman does. Gourde with his forecheck will fit with Cirelli and Killorn. It just means Verhaeghe gets stapled on the fourth which isn't ideal for his play, and better suited for Stephens.

agreed 100% even take gourde with point kucherov so get palat with johnson but coop gonna coop

right now i have NOOOOO clue what he is thinking with lines at all they dont last even one game smdh

got new guys need to get everyone on page driving me nutts

id go so far as to be ok with triplet reuninon even to get tyjo right lmfao

crazy thing though without point kucherov goes to pouting mode imho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad