GDT: 3/10/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
agreed 100% even take gourde with point kucherov so get palat with johnson but coop gonna coop

right now i have NOOOOO clue what he is thinking with lines at all they dont last even one game smdh

got new guys need to get everyone on page driving me nutts

id go so far as to be ok with triplet reuninon even to get tyjo right lmfao

crazy thing though without point kucherov goes to pouting mode imho
They tried the triplets for a shift or two last game. It generated 1 chance I can remember.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Guys like Gourde and Verhaeghe need more ice time. Move them up in the lineup. See what they're capable of before playoffs start.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Halpern: Hey Kuch, try passing to our guys not theirs

Kucherov: You think you can do better? You wanna f***ing get out there? Go for it.... that's what I thought

Halpern: Well.. there'd be less turnovers for one

Kucherov: Yeah?? f*** off

*slams stick*

Halpern: Hey bud take that frustration and shoot the puck more, we need some goals

*sips water*

Kucherov: The f*** you know about scoring goals?

BAM

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Man I knew we were 1-2 good posts away from the lazy engimatic russian posts.

You're the only one I see talking about "enigmatic Russians" and bringing up weak stereotypes. Same as when people pointed out Subban's decline and you played the OBC card. Do observations about players bother you? I'm not trying to stir the pot , I like your posts , truly, but these are simple comments from a fan who has been watching this team for 20+ years. You seem to always play the topical, social justice angle and I think it takes away from actual conversation about players. Why am I not complaining about Vasilevskiy or Sergachev?

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You're the only one I see talking about "enigmatic Russians" and bringing up weak stereotypes. Same as when people pointed out Subban's decline and you played the OBC card. Do observations about players bother you? I'm not trying to stir the pot , I like your posts , truly, but these are simple comments from a fan who has been watching this team for 20+ years. You seem to always play the topical, social justice angle and I think it takes away from actual conversation about players. Why am I not complaining about Vasilevskiy or Sergachev?

man and i thought my writing was hard to understand im lost as hell

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Man I knew we were 1-2 good posts away from the lazy engimatic russian posts.
Who's posting anything about Russians? We're criticising the guy who's supposed to lead our team offensively playing like trash right now. People are hyping up Sergachev night in and out here, but when Kucherov gets some criticism they're "lazy enigmatic Russian posts"?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Tell me, what is the difference between angry Stamkos and the "I LOVE IT!" posts and the angry Kucherov "HES THROWING A TANTRUM" posts?
Its low hanging fruit. Its nonsense. People can't sit here and harp on him about being pissed off for the same reason Stamkos gets praised.

We can have discussions about players but lets not buy into this not being exactly what it is.

Honestly? I think 86 is getting pissed off that he has basically been mugged for about six or seven straight games and instead of getting calls going his way (as they should) they're giving him minors for guys like Larkin being a tool and throwing his head back.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Who's posting anything about Russians? We're criticising the guy who's supposed to lead our team offensively playing like trash right now. People are hyping up Sergachev night in and out here, but when Kucherov gets some criticism they're "lazy enigmatic Russian posts"?
Five points in four games is trash is really a new, fascinating take.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Let me throw one more thing out there, for the guy "playing like trash" for this team, hes 19 points up from the nearest teammate in production and up about 35 shots. Next closest? Stamkos. Behind that? Point, and there is a gap. A decent sized gap.

We've also been pinned in our zone for what feels like about three games now without 77 out back.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Let me throw one more thing out there, for the guy "playing like trash" for this team, hes 19 points up from the nearest teammate in production and up about 35 shots. Next closest? Stamkos. Behind that? Point, and there is a gap. A decent sized gap.

We've also been pinned in our zone for what feels like about three games now without 77 out back.
ya and not counting power play guy is always in upper 20s per season of plus minus but thats easy why stamkos lifetime stats on it are so great but yep dont play defense is a liability costs us we should trade him etc...

is pretty nutts and im fully on board of halpern dogging him there 100% i love kuch the things i deal with daily on losses though is enough to drive ya crazyyyyyy

so we need more charts MORE CHARTS I SAY

i still want to see the toronto game charts on where shots came from who made them etc.... think we will see we screwed up started slow got kilt vasy saved us then we outplayed them and had our chances just no one can shoot it in at the same time ..... anyway

i expect playoffs and the cup lets gooo bolts when we can go:) stamkos be back we got this

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Tell me, what is the difference between angry Stamkos and the "I LOVE IT!" posts and the angry Kucherov "HES THROWING A TANTRUM" posts?
Its low hanging fruit. Its nonsense. People can't sit here and harp on him about being pissed off for the same reason Stamkos gets praised.

We can have discussions about players but lets not buy into this not being exactly what it is.

Honestly? I think 86 is getting pissed off that he has basically been mugged for about six or seven straight games and instead of getting calls going his way (as they should) they're giving him minors for guys like Larkin being a tool and throwing his head back.

I agree in general, but we've seen Kucherov take it too far more than once, and take unnecessary penalties, and a suspension. But yeah, I don't think that merits the idea that it's a bad thing whenever Kuch plays angry. Kuch seems pretty much always angry.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

bov

Nov 13, 2010

I mean the Larkin thing was just a bad dive and missed call, I can understand the frustration there.

But if Stamkos was out there quitting mid-play to complain to officials about a non-call, or showing visible frustrations with his teammates every time a play was botched, I'm sure that would be brought up. Or sulking/slamming his stick on the bench when a shift doesn't go as planned. But again, Kucherov does this far and away more than any other player on the team (or in the league, from what I have seen). It's not because of some anti-russian bias, he simply pouts on the ice and on the bench more than the other players BY FAR. His body language is absolutely terrible when he doesn't get his way, and this has been the case for quite a long time. On occasion I've seen Hedman get that way but nowhere near to the extent of Kucherov, and even he takes his lumps and manages to be effective.

Every player complains from time to time or yells at a teammate/coach, this Halpern incident could've been missed entirely and it wouldn't really change my perception on Kucherov's attitude. He's not the only player out there fighting through infractions, I don't see Point or Cirelli making a scene about it, they just keep playing like everyone else. Perhaps Halpern had enough of it too?

I'm not really critiquing his play, but I do question his long-term future with the team, especially if we don't land a cup in the next 1-2 years. Great player, maybe a great guy too but I have seen enough to think this type of attitude may wear thin down the road unless he can learn to fight through it and stay focused.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I mean the Larkin thing was just a bad dive and missed call, I can understand the frustration there.

But if Stamkos was out there quitting mid-play to complain to officials about a non-call, or showing visible frustrations with his teammates every time a play was botched, I'm sure that would be brought up. Or sulking/slamming his stick on the bench when a shift doesn't go as planned. But again, Kucherov does this far and away more than any other player on the team (or in the league, from what I have seen). It's not because of some anti-russian bias, he simply pouts on the ice and on the bench more than the other players BY FAR. His body language is absolutely terrible when he doesn't get his way, and this has been the case for quite a long time. On occasion I've seen Hedman get that way but nowhere near to the extent of Kucherov, and even he takes his lumps and manages to be effective.

Every player complains from time to time or yells at a teammate/coach, this Halpern incident could've been missed entirely and it wouldn't really change my perception on Kucherov's attitude. He's not the only player out there fighting through infractions, I don't see Point or Cirelli making a scene about it, they just keep playing like everyone else. Perhaps Halpern had enough of it too?

I'm not really critiquing his play, but I do question his long-term future with the team, especially if we don't land a cup in the next 1-2 years. Great player, maybe a great guy too but I have seen enough to think this type of attitude may wear thin down the road unless he can learn to fight through it and stay focused.

kuch did a back pass left the only d who was behind two guys totally out to dry.... pass went about 2 foot when needed about 8 so yes hes pissed at self that he missed a puck like that etc.. point is he passes back when doesnt check for d men see ohhh shit hedman is behind the net or at the circle and is no one but coburn back etc.... in his own corner..... was a dumb play that didnt need to be made and halpern wants him to shoot puck at times etc... so was a two fold thing

kuch is mad he goes off doesnt get through to him cause 30 seconds left in overtime he drives towards back of net exact reverse from earlier but gets locked down with two guys when had two guys at net throws puck at net anything happens so we lose without a shot....

these things are on kucherov and a coach needs to get him thinking in these situations so halpern going off on the first incident and tape watching maybe would have happened on second next day if we had practiced etc.. would have been a good ideal..... they just want him to simple his game a bit especially not making unecessary risks when tied etc... he should have shot that first scenario to behind the net to killer etc.... instead of the blind sort of a back pass... and yes 100% for halpern busting his chops there it was deserving more aggregorious then the benching? imho sure and maybe we would have been leading to such a drastic measure to wake him up.....

big thing is he is going no where you never get the return on a guy of his stature period and overall we will go as far as he can take us with help but he is the key argue wise....

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I agree in general, but we've seen Kucherov take it too far more than once, and take unnecessary penalties, and a suspension. But yeah, I don't think that merits the idea that it's a bad thing whenever Kuch plays angry. Kuch seems pretty much always angry.
i dont mind the anger at all... if he doesnt get caught hacking a guy in return im also good with that DINO was a master at that if you remember back in day and kuch gives some back.... people be compaining on bad penalties but last couple been a joke two dives.... I will say this.... IF PEOPLE mad a kucherov penalties when got i believe 5 guys d men with more YA'll gonna go apeshit with two years of coleman kucherov is like 67th in league coleman on penalties is up towards top 10 lmfao.... yep scary.....i always just view the 5x5 match up with kuch and plus minus it gives me the story how important he is cause power play dont count... guy is always high 20s he is scoring enough to do that or he is actually playing some defense which a ton of fans says he doesnt back check he doesnt play d etc... stamkos plus minus is probably 0 for career... is handful per year non d men who are 25 or higher on plus minus kuch is there as long as that holding true usually dont get mad at him...

he needed to take over take some more shots last game and that dumb turnover so deserved the yell but usually? mad angry etc... he s playing fine... and he pulls stunt when doesnt get caught cause he remembers and hacks guys for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad