GDT: 3/10/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If they beat them tonight would that have made you more confident in beating them in a 7 game series?
Not really. It wouldn't really change anything for me. It's a combination of knowing how good we can be when we want to be and how little I think of Toronto.

The playoffs are still worrisome to me though because it feels like a coin flip if we'll show up or not. That concerns me.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Kucherov has become so predictable even he knows it, so he tries to adjust for it and even still, his passes are just about everywhere apart from a teammates stick. I really don't get what is up with the guy. He's so gifted he's still racking up points, but he is killing offense that he used to drive. It blows my mind.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The other interesting thing is its sweep vs can't get out of the first round. and this teams history leads me to believe Toronto gets their 1st round win cause Tampa is cursed and mentally weak... we lose game 1 (To anyone, WC, 3seed) it gets ugly real fast...

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean it was pretty obvious that that game meant more then this one. They proved they can bring it when the time calls for it.
Tonight they were terrible for the 1st 20 then started playing. Good goal tending was the difference. It was a close game.

Oh yeah, what did it mean? Cause a game vs Boston has no bearing on anything, this is a potential first round matchup. You're only saying that because we won.

So when we win it means something and when we lose it's cause we didn't try, of course. :laugh:

Reactions: The Macho Man

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
all i can hope is kucherov is trying to make teams not think he is the man and puts up 3 to 5 points a game for the playoffs at this point

i really do not get why he wont shoot right now
I'm betting its more of this stupid no look passes and giving up prime shots to pass. He may be on pace for a 90+ point season but he hasn't looked that great tbh

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The other interesting thing is its sweep vs can't get out of the first round. and this teams history leads me to believe Toronto gets their 1st round win cause Tampa is cursed and mentally weak... we lose game 1 (To anyone, WC, 3seed) it gets ugly real fast...
We seem to be bad in game 1s in general. Since we became good in 2015 we've won 7 playoff series, in which we won 3 of our 7 game 1s. In total we've had 11 series and gone 4-7 in game 1s.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'm betting its more of this stupid no look passes and giving up prime shots to pass. He may be on pace for a 90+ point season but he hasn't looked that great tbh
wth the shot and skill the guy has in spades he should get 50 goals a year with eyes closed

but he hasnt been shooting and now he is deferring all shots to sergachev and sadly everyone is struggling to get goals not just a couple guys but is some serious players in a funk

so that is when you expect argue wise top player of game to simply do whatever it takes to put goals in if no one can finish you finish

this is what is confounding me

p.s. i have never had issues with his passing... some like tonight that led to a yelling at need to be addressed but hes a great playmaker so you allow some leeway

problem is hes the best goal scorer on team top 5 in league argue wise easy

you at one point have to step up when down a hedman and stamkos and just drive the net like coleman was and take 8 shots a game if that is what it takes to win

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Oh yeah, what did it mean? Cause a game vs Boston has no bearing on anything, this is a potential first round matchup. You're only saying that because we won.

So when we win it means something and when we lose it's cause we didn't try, of course. :laugh:
Boston has always been a thorn in this teams side.

The team didn't show up for the first 20min and lost a close game. Not sure how that translates to "they didn't try"

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We seem to be bad in game 1s in general. Since we became good in 2015 we've won 7 playoff series, in which we won 3 of our 7 game 1s. In total we've had 11 series and gone 4-7 in game 1s.
I just think this years game 1 is way more important. being shut out in games 6 and 7 against Washington and then the sweep. We've gone 0-6 in our last 6 playoff games and while I want to BELIEVE this team will come out hungry in the playoffs if they lose game 1 I'm worried it starts to get in their heads already and then its all down hill

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not really. It wouldn't really change anything for me. It's a combination of knowing how good we can be when we want to be and how little I think of Toronto.

The playoffs are still worrisome to me though because it feels like a coin flip if we'll show up or not. That concerns me.

Pretty much my thoughts. Rest of the season will be a snoozefest for the most part. Just show up for the playoffs.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Leaf fans everywhere saying the TORvsTB first round matchup with be too easy

Nah that's just the idiots. It'd be a good series and something different for a change but would definitely not be easy.

umm, yes? I'd take TB over Boston as Toronto anyday

As a Leaf fan I'd take my chances at either. As much as it sucks we've lost to Boston in game 7 twice in a row, it was just that, a game 7 loss. I trust how we play now / our coaching a hell of a lot more this year and if we could get them to 7 with Babcock twice and now our defense is better, Matthews is better, Nylander is better, etc.. I like our chances vs Boston.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Nah that's just the idiots. It'd be a good series and something different for a change but would definitely not be easy.

As a Leaf fan I'd take my chances at either. As much as it sucks we've lost to Boston in game 7 twice in a row, it was just that, a game 7 loss. I trust how we play now / our coaching a hell of a lot more this year and if we could get them to 7 with Babcock twice and now our defense is better, Matthews is better, Nylander is better, etc.. I like our chances vs Boston.

Leafs are due for a playoff series win. I’m sure this Lightning team will be more than happy to oblige.

I mean we did give Columbus their 1st series last year (a sweep just to sweetin the deal) & it seems like every rookie EVER in the NHL scores his first goal against us. I fully plan on placing a bet on whoever this team faces in round 1. It’s a bold strategy I know, but hey either I come away richer, or my team wins to advance a round.... I’m a winner either way

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
I just think this years game 1 is way more important. being shut out in games 6 and 7 against Washington and then the sweep. We've gone 0-6 in our last 6 playoff games and while I want to BELIEVE this team will come out hungry in the playoffs if they lose game 1 I'm worried it starts to get in their heads already and then its all down hill

Wow I forgot that... 6 straight playoff losses. And the “experts” have us second to Boston for Stanley cup odds lmao

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
wth the shot and skill the guy has in spades he should get 50 goals a year with eyes closed

but he hasnt been shooting and now he is deferring all shots to sergachev and sadly everyone is struggling to get goals not just a couple guys but is some serious players in a funk

so that is when you expect argue wise top player of game to simply do whatever it takes to put goals in if no one can finish you finish

this is what is confounding me

p.s. i have never had issues with his passing... some like tonight that led to a yelling at need to be addressed but hes a great playmaker so you allow some leeway

problem is hes the best goal scorer on team top 5 in league argue wise easy

you at one point have to step up when down a hedman and stamkos and just drive the net like coleman was and take 8 shots a game if that is what it takes to win

You sir make a great point. And this is an underlying issue with this team, especially in the playoffs. When youre without your top guys, WHO on this team will step up. WHO has stepped up in the past when we lost to Chicago without bish. When we missed Stamkos/Bish vs Pens. When our top guys went missing vs the Caps, then vs Columbus.... WHO wants to be a playoff hero???

To this point, it’s been NO ONE

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo

BINGO! Their inconsistent effort levels are about as predictable as a coin toss. It makes me not only nervous for the playoffs, but also somewhat uninterested. It sounds bad as a fan I know, but I just haven’t seen any different mentality with this team to indicate they’ll be able to dial in as needed every game to go the distance.

Reactions: Discipline

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
One last note, I do not believe this team will accomplish what it needs to with the current makeup. Guys like Johnson, palat, & Gourde need to be replaced with newer, hungrier players that can actually produce/finish their chances. Killorn too but he has been better this year. Also, if Kuch doesn’t change his tude I wouldn’t mind entertaining a trade. His lazy, childish, selfish play & cute little turnover passes is old and if he doesn’t ever learn from them, a kings ransom could be had. I’m sure I’ll get roasted for that opinion but we need much more out of our “superstar”, I don’t care how talented he is. Time to grow up dude

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Kucherov was the shits tonight. I'm also getting tired of him whining like a little bitch when things don't go his way. Shut the f*** up and do your job.

Reactions: Kusic

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I just hope they play a complete game when playoffs start, Toronto was beating the shit out of us at the start and you could see it had much more to do with us not showing up and than them playing good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad