Post-Game Talk: #3 - 10/12/19 | oilers @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I think after this 12 day 1 game stretch, maybe we call up a forward and make some roster moves. Welcome back Filip. Can't find a reason for both Greg and Haley.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
My first inclination was to only vote for Fox, but I gave Kakko one for his goal and Lias one since he was the only passable forward despite little TOI.

Reactions: Mikos87

Mickmagoo

Apr 2, 2017
Oilers fan coming in peace, any reason why they had a week off? Were there events @ NY? Seems super strange

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Amazing how one game they lose and the 1st line looks good, but not great and there are MULTIPLE people that want Buchnevich off the line, some say he should be traded.

Just shows who has an agenda when it comes to the team. Points are gonna come for him with this line and his play has been good.

Ironically a lot of the people who want Buch gone also want Andersson gone.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don’t know how anyone can really be that mad at the team as a whole today after having not played In a week against a team that’s played all week and getting their game together
This game went shift-for-shift exactly how I expected it to go. Was not a difficult one to see coming at all lol.
And anyway f*** it, who cares, Kakko scored. :spud:

I just wanna see improvement in certain areas. Don't really care where they finish.
That's reasonable until you consider it's the 2nd week of October, the roster is 13 years old, and even the coach is relatively new at this.

Fun little factoid: while the Rangers are 30th in CF%, the 28th team is Tampa, and the reigning champions are 27th lol. Also funny, yet unrelated, Tampa lost to Ottawa lmao.

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They literally made a rule that teams coming off the bye week had to play teams also coming off the bye week because it was so unfair. Rangers season just started they had zero time together then had to play a game off what’s technically not a bye week against a team that’s playing their 5th game and ramping up. It’s absurd and it’s even more absurd that we now have another 5 days between games. So we’ll most likely be in a similar boat come Thursday.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Twas a game of inches. Hit the pipes twice in the first. If they’d gone in coulda been a diffo game. Let’s also not take anything away from the Oils - their big line is gonna be hard to beat. The last time they started 5 and 0 was their first Cup year, 1983 according to an Edmonton tragic I watched the game with...

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
No ledge. I’m perfectly fine with the team being bad again this year. There’s no point in trying to artificially speed up the rebuild.

I also don’t think Chytil’s peaked at 19. Just that he’s not some sort of wunderkind prospect that’ll be providing meaningful scoring depth at such a young age. In a couple of years? Sure. Now? I don’t see it.

Who said he was a magical wonder kid? Said he if he was motivated after his demotion he could provide scoring depth, something we need because I'm not seeing the likelihood of many points from anyone in the bottom 6. Who is trying to speed up the rebuild, I've preached patience all along, they arent winning anything this year even if a 19 year old Leetch showed up. The team today looked out of game shape, which given the schedule they probably were. I don't think they are as bad as they looked today, I also dont think they would get past the first round of a playoff series right now but this team can be better than they were today, but it needs help scoring outside of the top line and that was evident today.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Amazing how one game they lose and the 1st line looks good, but not great and there are MULTIPLE people that want Buchnevich off the line, some say he should be traded.

Just shows who has an agenda when it comes to the team. Points are gonna come for him with this line and his play has been good.

Ironically a lot of the people who want Buch gone also want Andersson gone.

No agenda here..The way this system is currently constructed (deconstructed), the top line's only success is coming from individual efforts rather than playing as a unit, unless they're on a PP.
That said.. No way is Buch a 1st line RW on any team..

Reactions: Gresch04

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I thought Fox quietly had an outstanding game in the neutral zone. Lots of good breakups and short deft passes. His teammates weren't ready for them, but as they develop chemistry, I think they will.

Steal had some good shifts. I thought a bunch of guys were invisible today.

The intensity just wasnt there.

EDM is also playing some really good structural hockey.

Shows you how good of a coach Tippet is. He's got two 100 point scorers. All he needs to do is make sure that the team defends really well and have the two game breakers do their thing.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I thought Fox quietly had an outstanding game in the neutral zone. Lots of good breakups and short deft passes. His teammates weren't ready for them, but as they develop chemistry, I think they will.

Steal had some good shifts. I thought a bunch of guys were invisible today.

The intensity just wasnt there.

EDM is also playing some really good structural hockey.

Shows you how good of a coach Tippet is. He's got two 100 point scorers. All he needs to do is make sure that the team defends really well and have the two game breakers do their thing.

It was a winnable game.
Tippett changed up the game plan up midway through the game and stuffed it down Quinn's throat.
Tippett played the hand in front of him while Quinn didn't do shit..

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hey if this gets Buchnevich off the top line, and 1st PP unit, I am ok with the loss. And lol at Namestnikov with 3 points against the Bolts. Just had to shake my head. I'll be surprised if Vladdy isn't back with Tampa some time this year,
I'd be more worried if Quinn was so panicky.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Buchnevich the goat
253FF654-A26A-4ACB-97D2-A66F4F264F1B.jpeg

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I will say this: my God, Kassian is f***ing brutal. No hands, no offensive awareness, shit for brains, he sticks out like a sore thumb on that top line. I guess Edmonton is trying to replicate Washington like how they have Wilson playing with Ovie, but Kassian makes Wilson look like f***ing Brendan Shanahan compared to him.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Someone said we have systematic issues with this team, I don’t know what that means. But our issue is that 2c Strome and 3c Howden can’t handle them puck, they just are never near or can’t make a play with it, the other team always has control with those two on ice. That’s a problem with Howden, other than blocking a shot or banging in an occasional rebound, this is a player I’ve never seen skate and control the puck.

Kreider sucks right now, watch him get us a 3rd at the deadline.

Buch had a terrible night, watch Quinn already drop him down.

At least Hartford looks good.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I feel like a lot of people who want Kakko to win the Calder also want Buch gone. Buch is not a bad player and he isn’t Kakkos enemy. Everyone wants KK to do well. Hating Buch just proves you don’t belong here and should stick to the Kakko threads

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
They literally made a rule that teams coming off the bye week had to play teams also coming off the bye week because it was so unfair. Rangers season just started they had zero time together then had to play a game off what’s technically not a bye week against a team that’s playing their 5th game and ramping up. It’s absurd and it’s even more absurd that we now have another 5 days between games. So we’ll most likely be in a similar boat come Thursday.
This is truly absurd. The NYR boys were rusty tonight, they weren't as crisp in their finishes and passes as in that earlier eternity when they played. I almost find it amazing they didn't score more goals in the first, they created great chances, hit crossbars and posts, it was ridiculous.

The end result wasn't that fair. Also, it's laughable how long refs wait to blow the whistle when Lundqvist freezes the puck. The story of his career. The third goal I think, any ref having vision of where the puck is between Hank's legs? Nope, still no whistle. Two whacks later and it's in, since no player could get a hold of the lone Oiler stick.

I'm not worried, they just need to be able to play a friggin' game.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
A week long break at the beginning of the season played a huge role in tonight's game...and we gotta do it again. Then, to make things worse the ice was awful as well. It's hard to judge the team tonight. Passes were a bit off/jumping over sticks plus the oilers were on a roll and very motivated.

See you guys next Thursday! Eventually we'll see what this team is really made out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad