• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Fox was absolutely outstanding.

Frustrated w Buch both 5v5 and PP. Killed so much zone time with moronic decision making.
He's really frustrating to watch. When the high-skilled plays work it's great but so many things like forechecking and being strong on the puck in both zones he still struggles with IMO. He's probably not the best fit on that top line long-term.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I know your post is in half jest but I have to push back. They're 2-1 and should be 2-1. Results are what matters. If there are no rewards for pretty losses, then you can't ding the team for ugly wins.

Over very small samples, results actually don't matter at all.

The point is that if we play like this for the rest of the season we will end up in 31st by a fair margin.

We have been an unbelievably bad 5v5 team, despite playing pretty weak opponents in terms of 5v5 play. Not a good sign.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Extreme example here, you're saying if you get outshot 51-12 and win it was a good game?
It was a win.

Wins are wins man. Every hockey team is going to win games they should lose and vice versa. It’s the nature of the sport, teams have literally won the cup looking like dog shit the whole way.

Concerns about the way the wins are coming is fine. I’m not worried about Gorton being fooled into thinking this is a cup contending team even if we win like 45 games this year though, so if we win a bunch of sketchy games I’m personally just gonna enjoy it because I’m confident in Gorton’s patience and plan.

Reactions: SML2

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
After we came out like world beaters again, the Oilers really clamped down. We were bad, no doubt about it, but they defended well too. Hank's had trouble with left post plays all his career. Even Panarin had a bit of rust, shot wide a couple times and a couple of passes that were off the mark. I wish we had a few more Foxes. The guy is a machine.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It was a win.

Wins are wins man. Every hockey team is going to win games they should lose and vice versa. It’s the nature of the sport, teams have literally won the cup looking like dog **** the whole way.

Concerns about the way the wins are coming is fine. I’m not worried about Gorton being fooled into thinking this is a cup contending team even if we win like 45 games this year though, so if we win a bunch of sketchy games I’m personally just gonna enjoy it because I’m confident in Gorton’s patience and plan.
Like I said, I'm not that concerned about wins and losses and I can certainly have fun when they win.

I just want them to make progress. They're going backwards in terms of carrying play at 5v5. Quinn is obviously not as much of an absolute loon as AV was, but I'm beginning to wonder if there's any tangible improvement there.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Extreme example here, you're saying if you get outshot 51-12 and win it was a good game?

Good "result." You want to win them all and you recognize that sometimes you have to steal them. I've been in locker rooms where the team is not thrilled despite winning, but the mindset is never "we're worse than our record." It's always, "we got away with this one, let's tighten it up next game." Does that make sense?

Reactions: NCRanger

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Buchnevich is done. He doesn't stop falling down all game. He's skates like he's strolling up to Golden Gate bridge to kill himself. There's just skill and nothing else useful about him.

I don’t know what game you’re watching, or how big of a prejudice you have against Buchnevich. This game one could an argument he was better (in his performance vs. expected) than at least one of Zibanejad or Panarin.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Good "result." You want to win them all and you recognize that sometimes you have to steal them. I've been in locker rooms where the team is not thrilled despite winning, but the mindset is never "we're worse than our record." It's always, "we got away with this one, let's tighten it up next game." Does that make sense?
It makes sense that guys are going to say that in the room.

In the front office, their job is to correct the bullshit the team is pulling whether they're winning games or not.

Reactions: Crease

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Gorton just waltzed into this season with Strome as the 2C and ????????????? on the bottom 6. Kreider is useless without a good center. Fast's offense has vanished since he got married. All the rookies and 2nd year players are too raw to make the bottom 6 work by themselves.

said it before
will say it again.

possession driver + facilitator + finisher w/adequate scoring touch =
a winning formula for productive line

Kreider is obvious 2LW as the possession driver.
Multiple scenarios to fill in the blanks, but I have one in particular in mind. ...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
What the hell went on at the Garden yesterday night that caused the ice to be so brutal? It's normally not great but today was a whole different level of bad. Puck could never settle and players were falling all over the place.

This is why you can't have 1:00pm games at the Garden.

Reactions: NCRanger

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Buch reminds me of Wolski. Tools but no toolbox.

Rangers were hoping Skjei would be the next McDonagh but he's closer to Holden.

Kreider needs to stop being so emo in his contract year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We missed the net so many times. Panarin at least 4 or 5 different one times he missed the net. Nothing went right here and no one should be surprised. Not playing for a week will do that. Now another week off. Awesome

They were fighting a puck as a team, a lot of passes or stickhandling puck were off from higher skilled players down to rookies. Still, they lost the game on a deflection and cheap pads squeeze goal. Another day and a similar game but with better execution would give a different result.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Fox had a really good game.
His 41.13 CF% Rel was better than almost the entire rest of the Rangers' CF%. That's f***ing crazy. Even though he didn't have the hard matchups, kid still played 15:03 5v5. 20 CF% for DeAngelo and 15.38 CF% for Staal. *retches*

And their xGF% was just as brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad