3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I don’t know how anyone can really be that mad at the team as a whole today after having not played In a week against a team that’s played all week and getting their game together
Ya we had a chance to pull away early in the first and missed our chance. It happens. I’m not particularly discouraged by this loss at all, it’s right in line with my expectations for the season.

Reactions: haveandare

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Like I said, I'm not that concerned about wins and losses and I can certainly have fun when they win.

I just want them to make progress. They're going backwards in terms of carrying play at 5v5. Quinn is obviously not as much of an absolute loon as AV was, but I'm beginning to wonder if there's any tangible improvement there.

Quinn is here to be a teacher and to get the attitude right. He was never lauded for his Xs and Os. I’m confident that Gorton will move on when the time is right.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Need Chytil back in the lineup, a motivated Chytil. Would go a long way towards scoring depth. I'm not surprised we played slow, the schedule isnt helping at all and wont for a long time.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Quinn is here to be a teacher and to get the attitude right. He was never lauded for his Xs and Os. I’m confident that Gorton will move on when the time is right.

Quinn is also here to coach a hockey team.
Wins and loses aside..He got his ass handed to him by Tippett.
That shouldn't really be an excuse at this level..

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Need Chytil back in the lineup, a motivated Chytil. Would go a long way towards scoring depth. I'm not surprised we played slow, the schedule isnt helping at all and wont for a long time.
How would Chytil, the same Chytil that had 10 points in 38 games after the new year last year, contribute toward scoring depth?

This team is just not very good and people need to face the reality that they have 1 youngster/prospect that can legitimately add scoring depth now and in the immediate future.

The coaching is also not very good either.

Reactions: Tob

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Observation from meeting him several times.

So his introversion causes him to forget/too shy to speak articulately...

Anyways I don't really care if he's an introvert or can speak English fluently. I just thought it was a slightly funny exchange between Kakko and the reporter who was probably looking for a more thoughtful answer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So his introversion causes him to forget/too shy to speak articulately...

Anyways I don't really care if he's an introvert or can speak English fluently. I just thought it was a slightly funny exchange between Kakko and the reporter who was probably looking for a more thoughtful answer.

That's how that works, yes. Especially when it's a foreign language.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I posted something similar on the GDT. I think we lost the game because the teams passing choices were not major league. I sure the coaching staff will address this. I think we will be a much better team than most of the forecasters predicted.
Great for us!

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
How would Chytil, the same Chytil that had 10 points in 38 games after the new year last year, contribute toward scoring depth?

This team is just not very good and people need to face the reality that they have 1 youngster/prospect that can legitimately add scoring depth now and in the immediate future.

I never once said that we need the Chytil that scored 10 in 38 last year. I said we needed a motivated Chytil. Unless you feel that a player has peaked at 19 then I don't know what to tell you. Chytil should grow as a player with more experience. When he plays his game he can be a half a point a game + player, and will contribute more points that Mcgregg or Smith. I never claimed he would be the next Gretzky but that he would add scoring depth......which he would, if he is motivated to do so. We played a lazy game today, it's the 3rd game of the season which given the time off was pretty much like the first game of the year in year 2 of a rebuild, I'm not sure what everyone was expecting but I'd expect more of the same on Thursday, we need to get on a roll and keep building to when we should be in our prime in 2 years time. As for the coaching, it's fine. Its game 3, step back from the ledge.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the Winnipeg game it's peak Rangers this season. When they are playing well they'll score a bunch and give up a bunch. The Ottawa game was a bit of an aberration against a doormat team. The Oilers game was bad Rangers out-of-synch after a week off and maybe a little too chuffed from whipping Ottawa.

Full disclosure: I didn't see this game (yet). But I've seen this game before, if you know what I mean.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

It takes a few losses for the blind optimism to go away. The kids aren't ready, the add ons aren't enough. miss this year, get better next year, make the playoffs when $20M from 30,42,18 comes off the books.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I never once said that we need the Chytil that scored 10 in 38 last year. I said we needed a motivated Chytil. Unless you feel that a player has peaked at 19 then I don't know what to tell you. Chytil should grow as a player with more experience. When he plays his game he can be a half a point a game + player, and will contribute more points that Mcgregg or Smith. I never claimed he would be the next Gretzky but that he would add scoring depth......which he would, if he is motivated to do so. We played a lazy game today, it's the 3rd game of the season which given the time off was pretty much like the first game of the year in year 2 of a rebuild, I'm not sure what everyone was expecting but I'd expect more of the same on Thursday, we need to get on a roll and keep building to when we should be in our prime in 2 years time. As for the coaching, it's fine. Its game 3, step back from the ledge.
No ledge. I’m perfectly fine with the team being bad again this year. There’s no point in trying to artificially speed up the rebuild.

I also don’t think Chytil’s peaked at 19. Just that he’s not some sort of wunderkind prospect that’ll be providing meaningful scoring depth at such a young age. In a couple of years? Sure. Now? I don’t see it.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
It takes a few losses for the blind optimism to go away. The kids aren't ready, the add ons aren't enough. miss this year, get better next year, make the playoffs when $20M from 30,42,18 comes off the books.
Agreed. There’s nothing wrong with being bad again. Just hope they’ll iron out some kinks and at least start to look half decent.

When those three big contracts come off the books is when the turnaround should happen. Lots of cap space, the younger non-Kakko/Kravtsov players finally taking the step we’re erroneously hoping they take now, Quinn likely gone and replaced by the Torts to his Renney, etc.

Reactions: Tob

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
as an oiler fan--we have a lot of road kill prospects who we rushed with big minutes before they were ready--just saying

bringing a player along slowly is good sometimes
Absolutely. Occasionally there will be a prospect who hits the ground running. But most of them take a few years. Chytil should probably spend most of this year in Hartford. I agree with many that Lias seems pretty good now, consistent (though still early to say). I'm not sure Hajek should be playing every game either.
It's gonna take time. I - personally - wouldn't get too down after a bad have Lee this one. Quinn and company seem to have a good handle on things. Accentuate the positives and try to eliminate the negatives going forward.

Reactions: bl02

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm not really sure as to why this debate is relevant since Kakko is so young but on a psychological level..While both have different skill sets, generally introverts are considered to be the smarter of the two..

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Observations:
- Kakko scored when Kreider wasn't on the ice. He and Strome seem to have more chemistry, then Kreider has with Strome.
- Kreider needs a more skilled center to play with. While Kreider has flashed his speed and strength, we haven't seen him dominate many shifts along the boards. He's in and out. I feel like Kreider and Kakko could have great chemistry along the walls, but they aren't meshing just yet.
- Buchnevich had a decent game, but he's gotta handle passes more cleanly.
- Andersson, in very limited time, had one of the best scoring chances all game and nearly cashed in. He continues to play effectively. I can't totally speak to his game in the D zone, but his game in the O zone has been top 5 on the whole team to start the year.
- The Rangers actually played fairly well defensively in the 3rd. They lost on two fluke goals.
- When the Rangers play against fast/physical teams they have a really hard time with break outs, possession and forecheck.
- Teams are just not worried about defending against lines 2-4 right now. They can stand up in the neutral zone. Until we can establish a consistent dump and recover game, there's just not going to be enough space.
- Until we get a legit second line, it's going to be hard to create space against better teams. What would really help is more speed up front. Chytil and Kravtsov will eventually be really helpful in this regard. And a faster 2C will give Kreider someone to play with. He really misses playing faster with Zib. IF they don't bring up Chytil soon, I would expect Quinn to break up Panarin and Zib. Panarin/(someone)/Kakko could be dangerous. And we know Kreider/Zib/Buch had chemistry last season.
- Overall, the D looked promising. Minus the odd-man rushes. But overall, very good against a very fast team.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Hey if this gets Buchnevich off the top line, and 1st PP unit, I am ok with the loss. And lol at Namestnikov with 3 points against the Bolts. Just had to shake my head. I'll be surprised if Vladdy isn't back with Tampa some time this year,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad