3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
yeah I don’t see an issue with Buch at 5 on 5 being on the top line. Kakko though is so much more dangerous on the pp that’s probably just a matter of time. But the pp has been producing other than in game 3 so hard to complain about it. We just haven’t played many games so this is getting over analyzed
Just copy/paste this in every thread right now.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Thought I'd share this since I don't think I've seen anyone discuss the 2nd line lately:

O4or2nk.png

Reactions: Midikem

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Kreider has been bad, Kakko is still learning, and Strome stinks

So yeah

If you look at some of the shot rate and xG stats, the team has been one of worst in the league thus far this season. At some point I'd like to see Ruff let go, but I know it won't happen this season

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Cycling the puck doesn't show you anything, so you'd rather the Rangers always play on their heels and let other teams have their way? Such a great brand of hockey. That's really helping the young kids learn how to "be pros".

Who's ever thought every young player is McDavid or Crosby? I never said anything remotely close to that, so where's the context for that?

Unless you're just misinterpreting or wildly over exaggerating what I'm saying, you clearly don't actually understand my point.
the actual word cycle is a specific play, which is to move the puck down low in the hope of retaining the puck, its literally multiple players skating in a circle.....

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Thought I'd share this since I don't think I've seen anyone discuss the 2nd line lately:

O4or2nk.png

It's been brutal all 3 games. xGF has been ridiculously low for that line. Corsi has been awful too, though Kakko ended up with a good Corsi in the 2nd game from playing some shifts away from Kreider and Strome.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Tippett coached a really smart game, not that Quinn made it all that tough on him.
He made adjustments as the game went on and EDM was really able to ramp up the pressure without any answer from Quinn in the least.
Then once they got the lead they stuffed the NYR at the blue line.
This isn't necessarily a talent thing.
In those instances, when teams stack up on the blue line, you have no choice but to dump and chase.
Did Quinn change up his game plan at any point after he "recognized" what was going on? Na.
Did he adjust for match-ups? Na.
Put his best dman against the top line? Na.
Fwds backcheck? Na.
Does anyone even know where to be in all this craziness?? Naa! Lol
Quinn is green AF..

hahahahahah its quinn's fault the forwards dont backcheck....your head needs a wobble

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
hahahahahah its quinn's fault the forwards dont backcheck....your head needs a wobble

What is it exactly that you find so hilarious?

To answer your question in short, Yes.

Outside of their top players and in a brand new system, you didn't see EDM have much of a problem playing defense did you?

You know why?
I'll assume you don't for obvious reasons.

It's because their coach has his shit together and while Quinn's body may be present for game 4, his brain is still stuck in the first week of training camp..

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Damn no Wolfpack no Rangers no K’Andre updates this week has been rough lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad