3-1 Habs vs Nucks Won it for Béliveau Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
a good defenseman would be more important.
Stop playing Allen and Weaver, start playing the kids and Gilbert.

We need help on the wing.
What top 6 RW's are out there for Bergevin to snag? Probably the biggest need for this team right now assuming Therrien plays the best defensemen at his disposal.
A lot of teams are falling out of it early. Look to the West young man. If San Jose falls out of it we can look at Marleau or Pavelski. If the Devils fall out of it we could look at renting Jagr...
The absolute earliest he was ready is this year in preseason.
No, he would've been a better choice than DD last year. But better late than never.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Stop playing Allen and Weaver, start playing the kids and

A lot of teams are falling out of it early. Look to the West young man. If San Jose falls out of it we can look at Marleau or Pavelski. If the Devils fall out of it we could look at renting Jagr...

No, he would've been a better choice than DD last year. But better late than never.

Sekac Plekanec Marleau would be the best two way line in hockey

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Impressive performance by Galchenyuk, considering they faced the Twins line all night.

Exactly, Galchenyuk against their top line all night long which is 10x more impressive since they give up anything to the Sedins.

Pac-Galchy-Gally was playing for the first time together tonight and the created such creative plays....awesome to see them go tonight.

We got our 1st center....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lots of intensity tonight, beautiful ceremony befitting of such a legend, no one does it like the Habs do. Galchenyuk is getting close to being a scary threat out there. It will be interesting to see if Therrien will allow Chucky to stay with Pacioretty or go right back to DD.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nice that on an evening where we honour Jean Beliveau a new center emerges with more skill than any center we've had since... forever. Really cool that the first game we play Chuck at center is a game honouring the Hab legend. Hopefully this is similar to the day after his retirement when we drafted Guy Lafleur.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Chucky is a different player this year. We could see it whether he was on the wing or at center. He's stronger, faster, and more aware. We were a contending team last year (went to the conference finals). Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek line was on fire going into the playoffs. I don't think Chucky was used improperly.

Well who knows, he (DD) actually only scored 2 goals out of 12 on that line but that's pretty much nitpicking the 12-14 playoffs at this point. Galchenyuk was on a mission during his return so it's hard to say.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think the team needs a RW to play with Plek so that Sekac can go back with Eller when he returns. Just not sure what to do with Desharnais, well I know what I would do but I'm not sure what the team will do.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
If the team can bring the same intensity and jump on a regular occasion, we should be okay and things should fall into place. The two things I find most troubling right now are the power play (obviously), and the general lack of finish.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Impressive performance by Galchenyuk, considering they faced the Twins line all night.

It could have been capped off with a goal on the 2 man adv. When the habs do get chances, they seem to lack that clinical finish. It should get better as the team starts to regain some confidence, but its something I worry about in general.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well who knows, he (DD) actually only scored 2 goals out of 12 on that line but that's pretty much nitpicking the 12-14 playoffs at this point. Galchenyuk was on a mission during his return so it's hard to say.

That line generated 26 shots towards the net tonight with Galchenyuk centering it.
You also saw that Max wasn't just trying to riffle it at the net senselessly as he does with DD. They were moving the puck around a lot more trying to create things and set up anybody.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
It's not just that, there are managerial mandates and player egos to navigate. You can't just take a young player and throw him in any old position on a whim. Others have mentioned this, but there is a pecking order and steps that players are expected to take. If you ignore those, you'll ruffle feathers and who knows the repercussions for team chemistry and morale. I think the youngins are being brought along as well as you could expect, really.

i'm pretty sure Eller is not so happy about it. He can't take Plek spot , and if Galchenyuk is keeping the first, he will be assured to stay on the third. my little finger tells me that his feathers are rumpled.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
That line generated 26 shots towards the net tonight with Galchenyuk centering it.
You also saw that Max wasn't just trying to riffle it at the net senselessly as he does with DD. They were moving the puck around a lot more trying to create things and set up anybody.

I was trying to be polite :) and ofc I meant the 13-14 playoffs my bad.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
awesome they actually call Andrighetto ghetto, now we need them to get on the Cakes train..

TaxiWarDance

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
great effort tonight by the team. I know its only been one game with these line combos but I thought they were great. love andrighetto so far this season. he looked great again tn.:handclap::handclap: hope we can get the win Friday night against the kings. go habs go

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
i'm pretty sure Eller is not so happy about it. He can't take Plek spot , and if Galchenyuk is keeping the first, he will be assured to stay on the third. my little finger tells me that his feathers are rumpled.

He's still a better option on the third than DD, and could usurp Pleks for the second line as early as next year.

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Great win.

New lines look nice, Galchenyuk will start to put up more points if they keep this lineup.

Sekac with Ghetto and pleks is also quite nice, great setup for teh GWG!

Desharnais looks better in 3rd line role, but imo he was directly responsble for the SHG, that was his man to cover and he got beat.

Look forward to see how these lines progress. if therrien keeps them as is.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think Eller was smart enough to know that Galchenyuk was probably going to get that top spot, it was just a matter of time. What he must be disappointed in is that he saw Andrighetto get PP ice time right away. He saw that all three lines were used on the PP. Some thing he should have been getting for a while.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
He's still a better option on the third than DD, and could usurp Pleks for the second line as early as next year.

i think the word usurp is a good choice here...:laugh: for the third, i,m sure you are right, but it is what Eller think that could be important.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I think the team needs a RW to play with Plek so that Sekac can go back with Eller when he returns. Just not sure what to do with Desharnais, well I know what I would do but I'm not sure what the team will do.

I'd like to see Desharnais on the wing. he was good in the playoffs I think it was his rookie year with Gionta and Gomez, way back. He has talent. He just needs to work his butt off to keep up at this level. I think being on the third line on the wing would be the wake up call he needs.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

easy solution: ship DD out

DD+ for Brouwer (caps desperately need a 2C)

Patches - Chucky - Gallagher
Ghetto - Plekanec - Brouwer
Sekac - Eller - PAP
Bournival/Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad