3-1 Habs vs Nucks Won it for Béliveau Edition

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Nice that on an evening where we honour Jean Beliveau a new center emerges with more skill than any center we've had since... forever. Really cool that the first game we play Chuck at center is a game honouring the Hab legend. Hopefully this is similar to the day after his retirement when we drafted Guy Lafleur.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Saying goodbye to our best centre ever, and welcoming a new one into the fold.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
I think Eller was smart enough to know that Galchenyuk was probably going to get that top spot, it was just a matter of time. What he must be disappointed in is that he saw Andrighetto get PP ice time right away. He saw that all three lines were used on the PP. Some thing he should have been getting for a while.

Andrighetto is not a center, and he has some good tools on offense. Our coach does not mix the lines.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd rather him literally throw a dead squirrel in a scuba suit over the boards on the PP than Desharnais. Enough is enough, at least until he can show some serious progress in practice cause he's not a good powerplay player.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Had to check NHL.com to make sure the score was indeed 3-1. It was... for some reason, Patches scoring 1.5 seconds after the green light was turned on counted... Weird.

Just glad they got the win. Man, did Plekanec look emotional after the game. Had tears in his eyes as he described how important this win was, to the team, the fans and to the Beliveau family.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
i don't know the reasons behind it, maybe the others were too tired, maybe MT gave a chance to Desharnais, showing that he still loves him. Maybe he have not so much affection for Eller. How many seconds or minutes was he on the pp?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I'd rather him literally throw a dead squirrel in a scuba suit over the boards on the PP than Desharnais. Enough is enough, at least until he can show some serious progress in practice cause he's not a good powerplay player.

DD screwed up that minute of 5 on 3, right?

The moment you come to the realization that Therriens approach to the PP is seriously flawed is the exact moment you will realize that not one single player is to blame for the teams poor success with the man advantage.

Posting your center on the side of the net is an exercise in futility, regardless of who is on the ice.

Glad to see the Habs pull out a win for # 4. Special night indeed

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
habs just played six in nine games including two back to backs, one at home and 5 on the road

But not 7 in a row on the road, right? We also had 5 days off in the middle of our last 10, while the Canucks played all 7 road games with just a day of rest between each. HUGE difference.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Great game all around I'd say. If both teams would have gotten the bounces, the score would have been 7-3; we were all over them all night and we missed a couple of wide open nets (Chucky, Gally, Ghetto, and PA). Once we start burying those, we'll be looking like a bonafide playoff team again.

This was the first game in a while I was actually excited to watch them play. Lately it's been the same old story; suck really bad in the first, start to come around in the second, and then work our ***** off to try and tie the game up in the third. I'm still doubting Therrien is going to stick with these lines, but he lasted longer than I already thought he would.

Chucky played amazing, he's just lacking finish.. At least he's getting chances though. The goals will come, it's just a matter of his perception on the whole thing.

Nathan Beaulieu, like I've been saying all year, deserves one of the top 6 D spots AINEC. MAYBE rotate Weaver in against extremely offensive teams, but Bryan Allen can rot in the pressbox. He hasn't done much offensively, but he does things as a D that no one else on our team does. Plus he jumps up in the O zone all the time and it puts their team on edge defensively, opening up room for our guys.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Galchenyuk no points but the best player on either team. Pleks and his two rookie linemates were impressive. Beaulieu played an errorless 11:24. Bournival was excellent with his forecheck. Habs are a speed team, play the fast players! Andrighetto is a heck of a find 86th overall.
86th? Technically, 506th, lol.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Congratulations on a big win on a very emotional night. Once again you did it right the fans in the stand and the organization with an outstanding tribute to one of the game's greats. Beautiful well done :handclap:

Also since I'm a Jets fan thank you for beating a western conference team in the Canucks but I truly happy that you were able to get a win on this night.

God Bless Mr. Beliveau

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's crazy just what a few roster move did to this team and to my mind. I didn't care about the habs jus three days ago, now I think I actually see the light. I think. I hope.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Great game all around. 1st line was amazing and Chucky really put on a clinic...he just lacks that finish right now because that line could have easily had 2 more goals. Pleks with the 2 rookies was a great line, beauty goal to win the game. I thought DD filled the 3rd line role well and their line brought offense, but he was bad on the PP and that whole DD-Pleks-Parenteau wave is just odd (he also cost us the Canucks PK goal with the weak back check). Overall one of our best games and a really fun one to watch.

Pleks just made himself look like the prime candidate for the C with that move tonight. Really classy.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008
Had to check NHL.com to make sure the score was indeed 3-1. It was... for some reason, Patches scoring 1.5 seconds after the green light was turned on counted... Weird.

Just glad they got the win. Man, did Plekanec look emotional after the game. Had tears in his eyes as he described how important this win was, to the team, the fans and to the Beliveau family.

I live in the states, got my hockey streams.com and what not...... Where can I see these after game conferences?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Fitting result for this commemorative night. Wouldn't have forgiven them if they had lost.

My doubts have been mostly erased (1 game sample size, I wanna see more) re: Galchenyuk at C. Not only is he capable, but I don't think I've seen him be that dynamic EVER. And it wasn't just flashy moves, it was flashy moves that had purpose.

PK played a hell of a game, Nate was definitely good enough to be on this team.

Gonchar and Markov, so many horrible turnovers, wow.

DD -- well, I'll just say he belongs where he was played. He's not the worst, but he's not the best.

Loving that Ghetto keeps looking NHL ready, even though he'll probably go back down fairly soon.

Great game by Gallagher, and Pacioretty looked engaged.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

It won't be the first time the light came on prematurely, it happened earlier in the game also. The green light came up a few tents of a second too early when the second period ended. Nothing new.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad