3-1 Habs vs Nucks Won it for Béliveau Edition

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anyone else think Tinordi should be playing over Emelin? He's been atrocious and isn't bringing anything to the roster right now. Gonchar has been mediocre but he at least has that offensive pop and leadership.

Dunno, maybe just me.

Emelin if used properly can play solid 18-20 minutes. Tinordi will be a full time player next season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Did Pacioretty just refereed the french line as "Le trio des fromages"??? :laugh:

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
People need to calm down about Ghetto... shiet.

Give him 10 games under Therrien and he will be a better person.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ghetto has replaced Chucky's spot on LW quite nicely. Trade DD for a third line winger cause I don't think Bournival is one yet.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
We are a fun team when we activate the Ds even though we made some turnovers. It's fun to watch and it gives us more scoring chances. We missed a lot of A+ scoring chances tonight.

It doesn't just lead to more chances for, it prevents chances against by keeping control of the play rather than sitting back and letting the opposition get started.

On a similar note, Gilbert was solid on evens with Beaulieu. You can see why he's a generally effective possession defenseman when he has guy with the speed and skill to play the puck to work off of.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What top 6 RW's are out there for Bergevin to snag? Probably the biggest need for this team right now assuming Therrien plays the best defensemen at his disposal.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
People need to calm down about Ghetto... shiet.

Give him 10 games under Therrien and he will be a better person.

Carbo used to say that rookies in their first 4-5 games used to make him the most nervous (on the opposing team) his exact words were they were "loosey goosey" in their first few games

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life · 7m7 minutes ago
Plekanec refers to Andrighetto as "Ghetto."

:laugh:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Great win tonight by the boys. Jean Beliveau would have been very proud. The new lines looked great out there. Chucky looks great at C and that line will bound to get goals with the chances they are getting. DD on the 3rd line is much better for him and the team as he generated some new chances out there. Beaulieu is such an upgrade over Allen it isn't even debatable.

Good win and now the Habs face a tough challenge in the Kings.

Davebo*

Lots of help from the refs tonight.

That, and mostly completely outplaying the canucks. By the mid point of the game the shots attempted were 47-17 for the Habs.

But yeah - those PP's really helped us out - except for the shorty against. Darn - there goes your hair brained theory!

***** :rolleyes:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
We've got our center. Now we need our winger. Hopefully MB can pull off a nice deal to get us a good RW because we still need to fix a hole there. Otherwise this team is in good shape as long as we play Beaulieu over Allen.

Man, we've got McCarron, Scherbak and Hudon not far away, 2 of which may be able to play centre/wing.

We definitely need to at least platoon our young D. I really want to see Nygren and Pateryn play on the big team this year, besides Beaulieu and Tinordi.

I wouldn't go all in for a right winger in a trade, but could see a Vanek like deal at the deadline. I think there's a good chance McCarron could make the team next year.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Galchy line looked great.
Pleky line looked great.
DD line looked good.
Malhotra looked good.

Leave Desharnais and Parenteau out of the PP and we are set. Let the kids play. Great effort all around. Habs looked speedy again.

Great game for Mr Béliveau and Mrs Béliveau looked lovely at the end, so happy and dancing...she even kissed Dr Mulder :O.

Bournival helps in this department. Even if he doesn't show up on the stat sheet, he keeps the opposition on their heals and exhausts them.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Ghetto has replaced Chucky's spot on LW quite nicely. Trade DD for a third line winger cause I don't think Bournival is one yet.

Bournival was actually playing great hockey last year on the second with Pleks and Gio. Of course, the omnipotent coach put an end to that successful partnership...

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It doesn't just lead to more chances for, it prevents chances against by keeping control of the play rather than sitting back and letting the opposition get started.

On a similar note, Gilbert was solid on evens with Beaulieu. You can see why he's a generally effective possession defenseman when he has guy with the speed and skill to play the puck to work off of.

I thought Gilbert played his best game tonight. Great at both ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad