3-1 Habs vs Nucks Won it for Béliveau Edition

Dec 8, 2014
Galchenyuk Was the best player on the ice.

Was Nice to see DD shoot

I had never seen markov make that many bad giveaways in a game

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It should be like that every game. Enough with this scripted crap, let the game and the emotion take over. It's more genuine that way and makes for a better experience.

The marketing team tries to have girls getting into Habs hockey. So what do they do? They turn a genuinely great idea (24CH) into a ridiculous ad campaign for the team, with next to no exclusive content, they have twitter accounts giving puck ****** what they want, and they have a Bell Centre that looks more like a club than an actual hockey stadium.

I don't like where this is going. And the more time goes by, the more you'll notice how clueless the fans are out there. Don't know when to scream/encourage players or boo a decision or make noise. It's just a bunch of Habs fanatics. No longer hockey fans.

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Is Desharnais worse on the top line or the third line? He brings nothing a 3rd line centre should bring.

I actually thought he was effective down low on the cycle with Bournival and used his shot to generate some juicy rebounds. He obviously still has his flaws, but they didn't seem as frustrating on the 3rd line.

One thing that isn't really getting touched upon is that Desharnais might actually flourish when playing against the other team's 2nd and 3rd pairing guys. I can't imagine being matched up against NHL all stars night after night was encouraging for the guy.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I actually thought he was effective down low on the cycle with Bournival and used his shot to generate some juicy rebounds. He obviously still has his flaws, but they didn't seem as frustrating on the 3rd line.

One thing that isn't really getting touched upon is that Desharnais might actually flourish when playing against the other team's 2nd and 3rd pairing guys. I can't imagine being matched up against NHL all stars night after night was encouraging for the guy.

After the first shift, you could tell the way he played was different. It was obvious that the MaxPac and DD duo had become stale... Now can he adapt to a 3rd line C role and he be the best there, time will tell. We'll get at least 1 or 2 weeks of this before Eller comes back.

If Chuckie can stick at 1C it solves a big problem for the playoffs because Centers on the trade front are at a premium. Getting a top winger will cost less. You might avoid some extra top picks and/or top prospects going the other way.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
Just for the record, we were playing a end-of road trip gassed out Vancouver team. They looked lifeless out there. Some of you guys are getting way too excited. Lets get a larger sample size before we can make and refined conclusions.

PricePkPatch*

Just for the record, we were playing a end-of road trip gassed out Vancouver team. They looked lifeless out there. Some of you guys are getting way too excited. Lets get a larger sample size before we can make and refined conclusions.

Baby steps, dude

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
1st time this season we see Pacioretty with a center other then Desharnais. He gets 2 points with 2 different centres. #PaciorettyIsFree

PricePkPatch*

1st time this season we see Pacioretty with a center other then Desharnais. He gets 2 points with 2 different centres. #PaciorettyIsFree

Truly, he is an empty-netter machine now. Desharnais was really dragging him back in that aspect.

Also, had DD been on his line, he would NEVER been able to make that pass to.Gilbert, who then dumped it, which was then recovered by Gallagher who did an fantastic individual play to score...

Clearly, its proof that DD was the problem

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

I was just going to post the same thing. Nice win but context is important.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Truly, he is an empty-netter machine now. Desharnais was really dragging him back in that aspect.

Also, had DD been on his line, he would NEVER been able to make that pass to.Gilbert, who then dumped it, which was then recovered by Gallagher who did an fantastic individual play to score...

Wouldn't have gotten that far because the Sedins would have been in the O-zone cycling all shift until they got it back and dumped the puck so they could change. :naughty:

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012

Well-played sir ;)

PricePkPatch*

Well-played sir ;)

Thanks.

I mean, don't get me wrong; there was flashes of good Patch-Chuck chemistry for sure. But Patch's success on the scoresheet has NOTHING to do with it. Hell, Patch seemed to have more chemistry with Subban if you look at it.

and that's the problem we have seen so far that hurt the DD/Patch duo: even when things clicked, there was a lack of finish.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Is Desharnais worse on the top line or the third line? He brings nothing a 3rd line centre should bring.

Well, that would depend entirely on what kind of 3rd line you want to have. As he is centering a scoring/offensive minded 3rd line there really isn't any problem with having him there. If we were the 2007 Ducks or trying to model ourselves around them however, I would have to agree with you.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Well, that would depend entirely on what kind of 3rd line you want to have. As he is centering a scoring/offensive minded 3rd line there really isn't any problem with having him there. If we were the 2007 Ducks or trying to model ourselves around them however, I would have to agree with you.

As a 3rd center you would want a bit more of versatility for your center.

DD except feeding his wingers the puck doesn't bring much to the game. When his wingers doesn't score, DD is pretty much irrelevant.

I'd much rather have a guy like Eller who is bigger, more physical, better defensively and better scorer. As third line center, they would probably have the same amount of points but Eller will score more goal which is more valuable to our team.

Also, Eller's game is more fitting in the playoffs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

This is such a Poor argument. We slammed the Habs last week for the same thing. Every team has similar schedules.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
As a 3rd center you would want a bit more of versatility for your center.

DD except feeding his wingers the puck doesn't bring much to the game. When his wingers doesn't score, DD is pretty much irrelevant.

I'd much rather have a guy like Eller who is bigger, more physical, better defensively and better scorer. As third line center, they would probably have the same amount of points but Eller will score more goal which is more valuable to our team.

Also, Eller's game is more fitting in the playoffs.

Well, anyone that doesn't believe that should have their head checked.

That being said, depending on the philosophy of the line and team, DD's 3rd line can function just fine for what it is. They obviously cannot handle the tough defensive minutes, as Bournival is the only defensive minded player on the line, but given easier defensive minutes they'll do their job.

With Eller's return in 2 weeks however, you are correct that he would fit the third line better as he brings both some offense (especially with Cakes) and solid defense. If he only brought one aspect however, Eller or DD would be a toss up depending what the team chooses their 3rd line philosophy should be.

Something like this would be interesting:

Patches-Chucky-Gally
DD-Plek-Parenteau
Bournival-Eller-Cakes
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Tangradi

As much as I've liked Ghetto, barring injury, I can't imagine MT putting him in the lineup over DD. This would also assume that the Chucky at center experiment is still going and that MT hasn't thrown in the towel already.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Everything, including the gift of the game puck, was made possible by Tomas Plekanec, the one who most deserves the captaincy. Let the more volatile types wait their turn until they grow up. If he doesn't get it I would shut my eyes if it went to Des because it would be a travesty anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad