Post-Game Talk: 3-1 'Canes .. Streak over

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Gotta love your double standards. According to you all good centers should make whoever they play with look better(at least when you're insulting Grabo), but now Kadri is the exception? Grabo has played with both Mac and McClement before and you gave him no slack.

And to all others saying it's all Grabo's fault that Kule isn't scoring, maybe you should look again. He is great defensively, but when it comes to offense he's nothing special. For Grabo it's looking like a down year offensively, for Kule it's the 2nd straight that he's having trouble producing.

This is the closest we will get of you actually admitting Grabo stunk, you are almost there. One step at a time for some to come around, because there is no reason to defend play like that tonight or thus far this season.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
What a boring team. (down by 2 goals and you only muster 5 shots on goal?!?!?). NY game was way more interesting.

Leafs are overrated. Period.

Most of us didn't expect to make the playoffs. With the injuries we have now it makes it look even less likely. We do get caught up with big dreams when the team plays well, such is the life of a fan. High and lows if it was all even keeled it would be pretty boring.l

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
My thoughts on the loss are simple: the Leafs handled the puck poorly tonight, mostly making bad passes.

Carolina was playing a tight checking game, and because of the bad passes, it kept the Leafs from getting their legs going on the forecheck .. Carolina was able to transition quickly off the turnovers and build momentum off of it .. The endured the whole game and the Leafs just couldn't get anything going because of it .. They really missed the Kadri-Frattin combo in this regard. Reminded me of the Winnipeg game a lot (except Carolina was a lot better structurally), but Kadri and Frattin were the spark that cued the comeback win.

This bad passing also led to two of Carolina's goals, the first (where Grabo made a weak pass up the middle, that got picked) and the third (MacA pulling up on the sideboards, trying to pass or something, and bailing)

Scrivens was solid, gave the team a chance. Defensively, the Leafs were also decent.. Blocked a lot of shots and didn't allow too many quality chances .. The problem was being able to sustain a counter attack and move the puck up ice .. The forward group was just bad tonight asides from a few individuals (like JVR) .. Couldn't get the puck out, and too many icings

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Sorry. Scrivens. Spelled it wrong.

Game I saw tonight Kessel looked dominating. So did Kadri. I think he could turn out to be a solid two way forward in the future. Maybe even a Selke winner.

Phaneuf scored again tonight . :handclap:

Scivens was solid. I would consider keeping him around. He could be a dark horse for the starting job .He looks like he can steal games single handed :handclap:

it was Kadri who scored

lol no he can't

Scrivens was garbage tonight aside from the 1st period

Censored23

May 20, 2011
Honestly, i dont mind losing a game...IF its a good, well-played game. As for games like tonight, it just burns my asshairs when the team plays like it did. It was a complete gong show, from start to finish, and they definitely deserved to lose this one.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
it was Kadri who scored

lol no he can't

Scrivens was garbage tonight aside from the 1st period
I don't think Scrivens was garbage. Leafs only lost 3-1 and I seriously don't think he was garbage on any of the 3 of 33 shots he let in. More than can be said of the players in front of him especially the gong show that occurred on the 3rd goal.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Honestly, i dont mind losing a game...IF its a good, well-played game. As for games like tonight, it just burns my asshairs when the team plays like it did. It was a complete gong show, from start to finish, and they definitely deserved to lose this one.

Completely agree.

I don't think its worth analyzing a poorly played game like that. We've seen the way that the team can play and the compete level was not there tonight as to where it has been.

The season is not over and there will be minor tweaks, possibly a bag skate and we'll see them against a shorthanded Senators team.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
This is the closest we will get of you actually admitting Grabo stunk, you are almost there. One step at a time for some to come around, because there is no reason to defend play like that tonight or thus far this season.

Cute how you completely ignore the point of the post, don't worry keep doing what your doing, it's adorable.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Only change I'd make is bringing Gardiner back in, we need a boost on the PP.

It was a very off game, I wouldn't take much from it, we have looked very solid the past few games before this and we will again soon.

in the 10 or so games without Reims/Frattin I'd expect us to go .500 or so, Reimer is our #1 clearly and Scrivens isn't much more than a decent backup(at least up until now) but we have a solid enough team to pull out some wins.

mikebel111*

Only change I'd make is bringing Gardiner back in, we need a boost on the PP.

It was a very off game, I wouldn't take much from it, we have looked very solid the past few games before this and we will again soon.

in the 10 or so games without Reims/Frattin I'd expect us to go .500 or so, Reimer is our #1 clearly and Scrivens isn't much more than a decent backup(at least up until now) but we have a solid enough team to pull out some wins.

I am guessing at the most, reimer and Frattin miss 3 more games

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
RC pg comments

"we didnt skate
we're a skating team
we didnt play the game we are capable of playing"

in other words - the sky is blue and the grass is green
:laugh:

i think this is just a crapper, as is the last game we' play against them.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Scrivens was good, no goal can be blamed on him alone. He's a flopper, that's his style.

edit: Leafs had zero pressure. = loss.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Cute how you completely ignore the point of the post, don't worry keep doing what your doing, it's adorable.

Kadri scored tonight, is one of the few consistent performers on this team game in game out this year, I am not ignoring just how good he has been this year. Leads the team in scoring and is a +4 and for you corsi crap stats fans leads in that stat for fwds on the Leafs too.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Most of us didn't expect to make the playoffs. With the injuries we have now it makes it look even less likely. We do get caught up with big dreams when the team plays well, such is the life of a fan. High and lows if it was all even keeled it would be pretty boring.l

For me, it will be another big failure if the Leafs miss the playoffs. Every team is dealing with injuries right now.

Mar 26, 2010
Reality check. This is the team, like it or not.

Just because the Leafs beat 4 garbage teams, that does not make them a great team!

MacArthur has to go and every time Stecklel is in the line up, we lose. Wtf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad