Post-Game Talk: 3-1 'Canes .. Streak over

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
KGM really needs to step up. Only been disappointment this season so far (except for Kulemin, he hasn't been bad)

Kulemin deserves better, it would help him to play with Kadri. A playmaking Center would spark some goal scoring with him.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
How did the Canes not play well tonight?? They were all over the Leafs, dominant in every zone, along the boards, crazy forecheck, solid goaltending. The Leafs were completely outmatched tonight.

This isn't the same Canes from last year. They look like a team that could win a couple of playoff rounds.

I wasn't impressed with them either. Which makes me more frustrated.

It was icing fest. Awful hockey game all round.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
How did the Canes not play well tonight?? They were all over the Leafs, dominant in every zone, along the boards, crazy forecheck, solid goaltending. The Leafs were completely outmatched tonight.

This isn't the same Canes from last year. They look like a team that could win a couple of playoff rounds.
Even Canes teams that can't make the playoffs always make us look bad. At least when Buffalo owned us there seemed to be at least an effort put out on the part of the Leafs. I blame it all on Poni's brainfart there years ago.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think we need to give some credit to the Canes. Sure we didn't bring our A game, but Carolina looks really solid this year. It also stings a bit watching Tlusty and Harrison playing such good hockey.

I think we'll come back strong against the Sens... no need to blow up the team.

did we trade them, or let them go?

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Kulemin deserves better, it would help him to play with Kadri. A playmaking Center would spark some goal scoring with him.

I want to see kadri and kulie together too. Kulie can finish passes and be physical and would def benefit from playing with a playmaker like kadri.

Carlyle should still be experimenting with diff combos.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

It looked like the puck was a hot potato both teams coughing it up, I see the guy on Leafs TV agrees with that, at least for the first two periods.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
time to let Grabo go. He is getting $5.5million to what?? He isnt worth it, and now becoming a liability out there. Bozak has been good but still not a #1C, time to get someone to help out Kessel and JVR. ROR is gonna be traded and I think that Bozak or Grabo and Percy should do it.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
The boys need to forget about this one. Get it out of our system and start fresh, because this was an absolutely disgusting effort.

Aside from Phaneuf, Scribbles, JVR and Orr, everyone was pathetic.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I'm not even that bitter because I KNEW we would lose tonight!

4 in a row, then lose Reimer/Frattin. The away matchup to Carolina looked just like a loss and low and behold it was..

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
time to let Grabo go. He is getting $5.5million to what?? He isnt worth it, and now becoming a liability out there. Bozak has been good but still not a #1C, time to get someone to help out Kessel and JVR. ROR is gonna be traded and I think that Bozak or Grabo and Percy should do it.

bozak goes kessel follows

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I want to see kadri and kulie together too. Kulie can finish passes and be physical and would def benefit from playing with a playmaker like kadri.

Carlyle should still be experimenting with diff combos.

Watching Kadri with Mcclement and Macarthur is painful, the most creative Center playing with guys that check well, but are not exactly scorers.

I almost got the feeling Kadri would pass to himself if he could, misses Frattin, Kule has been good this year, it's just bad for him RC sticks him with Grabo like they are joined at the hip, poor guy gets zero chances with a Center like that, he's got more touch that what he cannot show on that line.

Stick Mcclement on the checking line with Grabo and Komarov. Move Kule up.

iArts

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada
I'll be worried if we lose on Saturday to Sens without Spezza and Karlsson.

Losses like today will happen. You can't epect them to be amazing every game.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
It's funny you know...no matter how good or bad the Leafs are... we were never able to beat Hartford during the regular season...and we've always had problems against the Canes too... CURSED.

Sproo

Jul 3, 2008
Vancouver
did we trade them, or let them go?

Tlusty was traded for Philippe Paradis. Bad trade at the time IMO, even worse 3 years later.

And IIRC Harrison was just let go as a FA, but his emergence as a solid NHLer was a bit of a surprise to me.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not worried I see a HUGE rebound on saturday. I mean no Spezza, Karlson, regin, Lantandresse, Cowen or Michleak I see no way we lose saturday

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
It sucks losing, but in a way, the Leafs needed a wake up call. After two relatively easy games, you could see them developing some bad habits towards the end of Flyers game.

The big problems are the ongoing issues with guys like Grabovski, who looks like a shell of his former self, and Macarthur, who honestly looks like he just doesn't give a damn anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad