Post-Game Talk: 3-1 'Canes .. Streak over

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Call up Gardiner...man everyone looks lost in our zone tonight.

I'm not going to vent over this one. It's Carolina...they always have our number. They do well against every NE team.

Someone please just tell me that this was the last game against Carolina this season. I ****ing hate them.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
One streak is over does not have to mean another one is starting. We win against Sens on Saturday (Kessel hat-trick, he loves the Sens) and are back winning games again.
Never had any illusion that the Leafs were going to win this one from the day the schedule was announced. Yep just beat the Sens and all will be forgotten.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
That was a pretty ugly game! Terrible team defense and they looked like they were skating in sand in their own zone. Yikes, one they'll want to forget ASAP.

What really pissed me off was that on the 3-1 goal, the 2 guys with the "A"s coasting back on a 5 on 2 rush.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
No doubt about it, that was just crap.

Started with incredibly sloppy play in all zones and then just dead for the second half.

Scrivens was solid enough. Though would like him to not leap out of his net all the time. Probably messing with his own defencemen when he leaps in front of them.

Oh well, one of those games when you are just terrible. Will certainly have to find a better level than this if we are going to win Saturday.

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
we need someone to blame

this team is good enough but one or two player are the reason we lost

4 wins in a row mean nothing if we cant win a 5th

they should have hired me when they fired Burke

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
If we played half as well as the last 4 game we would have won this. Canes didn't play well either they just played better than we did, which really isn't saying much.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
On a positive note, that was the hardest I've seen Kessel work all season. He was flying in all zones tonight and was head and shoulders the best Leaf tonight. Although that's not saying much.

contour

Mar 31, 2011
KGM really needs to step up. Only been disappointment this season so far (except for Kulemin, he hasn't been bad)

Sproo

Jul 3, 2008
Vancouver
I think we need to give some credit to the Canes. Sure we didn't bring our A game, but Carolina looks really solid this year. It also stings a bit watching Tlusty and Harrison playing such good hockey.

I think we'll come back strong against the Sens... no need to blow up the team.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Meh, it was bound to happen. Can't win em all, especially without Gunnar, Frattin, Reimer and Gardiner.

What's annoying though is that Jordan Staal's only two goals of the season are against us. :facepalm:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
If we played half as well as the lat 4 game we would have won this. Canes didn't play well either they just played better than we did, which really in't saying much.

How did the Canes not play well tonight?? They were all over the Leafs, dominant in every zone, along the boards, crazy forecheck, solid goaltending. The Leafs were completely outmatched tonight.

This isn't the same Canes from last year. They look like a team that could win a couple of playoff rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad