Post-Game Talk: 3-1 'Canes .. Streak over

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
In retrospect both teams were hot going into the game .. The Leafs played like they didn't have to try to win, and it got very sloppy on their part

The better team won tonight, good lesson for the young Leafs to never take a night off .. A big game awaits on Saturday night and a great chance for a bounce back win .. A good win Saturday would be a great response

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Good Lord what a brutal game. What the hell is about it about the Canes that the Leafs can't overcome?

Hope they can learn from tonight and then put that game in their rear view mirror and comeback with a strong effort on Saturday - hopefully start another win streak. If they come out with the same effort on Saturday as they did tonight, no Karlsson, Spezza, Cowen or Michalek won't make a difference, they'll still lose with that kind of performance.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Reality check. This is the team, like it or not.

Just because the Leafs beat 4 garbage teams, that does not make them a great team!

MacArthur has to go and every time Stecklel is in the line up, we lose. Wtf

Now this is no succinct Steckel stinks, but Ron Wilson coaxed Burke into trading a 4th rounder for him. Another brilliant waste of a move. By Larry, Curly...

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Kadri scored tonight, is one of the few consistent performers on this team game in game out this year, I am not ignoring just how good he has been this year. Leads the team in scoring and is a +4 and for you corsi crap stats fans leads in that stat for fwds on the Leafs too.

Kadri scored on the PP, Grabo assisted that goal.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri scored on the PP, Grabo assisted that goal.

You can enjoy that assist, I don't care, most know what they saw tonight, they don't need me to tell them who was good and who was bad.

I won't bother you tonight if you want to pump his tires.

Going to post about other things.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I just hope they can bring more effort next time.

The injuries are hurting the depth though. There's not much Kadri can do with that duo on the wings. The 4th line with Steckel now has the speed of molasses, and Grabo's line is acting as the shutdown line so it's scoring isn't too much. Leaves us more of a one line team than I'd like.

But just have to find a way to win until we get people back in the lineup.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Team was pretty flat tonight. Grabo, MacArthur were pretty bad. 4th line was the best. Kessel's passing was pretty bad as well. Kadri lacked support cast without Frattin. I was doing a report (and now doing another one) during the game so can't comment much on other details.

If we can't have winning streaks, I am fine. But no losing streaks. Whether they can bounce back or not next game will tell a lot.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think there is something in the way Reimer plays that rubs off positively on the team you don't see when Scrivens is in net, the team plays with more energy, it's a swagger, but the Reimer loss is bigger than than is probably given post time here.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Damn, 5 games from Saturday until next Saturday ... This team needs to sharpen up: 2 against the Sens, 1 against the Sabres, and the Lightning and Panthers all over the span of a week

Big stretch to get to the midway point in the season, really important to grind out a few wins

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Very poor performances by about 90% of the team, but it's just one game. We actually have a decent team this year, I'm sure we'll bounce back.

Wizeman*

I thought the Leafs looked excellent tonight. Especially Scrivens . He stoned the Canes constantly.

Love the back checking effort on Kessel. Always knew he was a defensive diamond in the rough.

Kadri wins all the battles along the boards. He will be a superstar.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
"Leafs lose 3-1 after a five game win streak"

Am I the only person that's okay with this?

We're out how many players now? 4? 5?

I think we're in good shape. Not phenomenal, but we're moving in the right direction.

Also, I nominate JVR to be the next pope.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I thought the Leafs looked excellent tonight. Especially Scrivens . He stoned the Canes constantly.

Love the back checking effort on Kessel. Always knew he was a defensive diamond in the rough.

Kadri wins all the battles along the boards. He will be a superstar.

I thought the Leafs looked like garbage...but thats just me.

And the coach.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I was at this game

The HORRIBLE:

Grabo
Liles

The BAD

Kessel
JVR

The UGLY

The TML

So much bad to take from tonight as a Leafs fan. But the Canes were EXCELLENT and they got EVERY BOUNCE.

They transition very well.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Reimer is our number one.

You have one choice,open up the offensive spiggots.Reimer is our number one,there is no other.We will forgive Mr Carlyle,you had no choice.This team loves Reims.

Last edited:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
"Leafs lose 3-1 after a five game win streak"

Am I the only person that's okay with this?

We're out how many players now? 4? 5?

I think we're in good shape. Not phenomenal, but we're moving in the right direction.

Also, I nominate JVR to be the next pope.

"Leafs lose 3-1 after a five 4 game win streak"

I'm not overly concerned either and I don't expect a win every game, but tonight was a complete 180 of their previous games... disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad