Jul 3, 2009
Carolina is such a ****ing boring team
and fix that garbage ice, pick was bouncing like a ping pong ball, pathetic

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Carolina is such a ****ing boring team
and fix that garbage ice, pick was bouncing like a ping pong ball, pathetic

there not that boring... they play an all out offensive game with horrible defenders lol. The boring teams are the Coyotes and Bruins.

It just seems like every time we play them every single bounce goes there way

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Getting sick of KGM, especially Grabovski. Why is this guy worth 5.5 again?

On a side note we didn't have Reimer, Lupul, Frattin, Gardiner or Gunnarrson, 5 of our key players. I'm not overly concerned about this loss.

Whydidijoin*

Was a pretty boring game. So many stoppages, sloppy play on both sides, and absolutely terrible ice.

We looked pretty bad out there today, but every team goes through that at some point. For some reason, Carolina does great against us, so I wasn't really expecting much out of this game anyway.

Plus, even though we were outplayed for most of the game, the game could have turned out very differently. If the ice was better, they have one less goal because Grabovski doesn't trip, and we have one more goal because the puck going over the goal line doesn't hit a patch of snow and stop.

Let's not go overboard people. This is the first game this year that we have been outplayed the whole game. And we are missing our #1LW (was who PPG last year, and has chemistry with Kessel), #2RW (who was PPG this year, and has chemistry with Kadri), #2D, #3D, and our #1G.

Scrivens looked good though, which is a good sign.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Was a pretty boring game. So many stoppages, sloppy play on both sides, and absolutely terrible ice.

We looked pretty bad out there today, but every team goes through that at some point. For some reason, Carolina does great against us, so I wasn't really expecting much out of this game anyway.

Plus, even though we were outplayed for most of the game, the game could have turned out very differently. If the ice was better, they have one less goal because Grabovski doesn't trip, and we have one more goal because the puck going over the goal line doesn't hit a patch of snow and stop.

Let's not go overboard people. This is the first game this year that we have been outplayed the whole game. And we are missing our #1LW (was who PPG last year, and has chemistry with Kessel), #2RW (who was PPG this year, and has chemistry with Kadri), #2D, #3D, and our #1G.

Scrivens looked good though, which is a good sign.

tired of hearing the kessel chemistry ....we missed fratting crashing the net .....kessel did nothing .....we need big games from kessel till we get healthy again or we are toast .....u wanna finish your career here ,,,,,,do something ....id take either stall in a heartbeat over kessel .....

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
I think there is something in the way Reimer plays that rubs off positively on the team you don't see when Scrivens is in net, the team plays with more energy, it's a swagger, but the Reimer loss is bigger than than is probably given post time here.

LOL this argument is still being used? This team don't have a binaries starter and Reimer couldn't have played any better. Good game by scrivens and a tough loss.

Hotshot320

Aug 24, 2006
Brampton
I'm so proud of myself for making it through that whole game. One of the dullest things I've watched in a while, and the leafs were absolutely attrocious.

I can't remember a game where they played worse and that includes the drubbings from Boston last year.

So many mistakes that pros (or even beer leaguers) shouldn't make.

Lets hope for a better showing on Saturday because I lost a lot of respect for our team from that one game, and I am by no means a fairweather fan.

Ugly.

/rant

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
LOL this argument is still being used? This team don't have a binaries starter and Reimer couldn't have played any better. Good game by scrivens and a tough loss.

Just finished reading the previous guys post again and this response doesn't even touch on what was said.

It does seem that the team looks more confident in front if Reimer going back three seasons now. Whether he plays better or not is irrelevant. They seem to when he is in net.

I think swagger is the perfect word.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Pretty brutal game.

The Team doesn't look like they have as much confidence playing in front of Scrivens as they do Reimer. Can't really blame them, although Scrivens can't be faulted for tonight, he was alright.

Saturday's another day. Sooner they forget about last night, the better.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It was a total effort.

Can't say you could say anyone really impressed, even Scrivens who made some saves flubbed some simple plays.

And no I don't think a double deflection Kadri goal supports a good game by him.

Stinkers happen and this was one.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
For as bad a game as that was for our Leafs, I really don't think Carolina grabbed hold of the reigns and dominated us.

We just couldn't make a pass last night, for whatever reason, and had so many icing calls throughout the game as a result of the poor passing.

What I didn't like though was the blatant non-calls on Bozak being slashed (stick broke in hand), Grabbo being tripped as he was trying to split the defense, and the goalie interference by Semin in the third period.

edit: also, the fact that Brent and Phaneuf didn't get coincidental penalties at the end of the period for their antics, just Phaneuf got penalized.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For as bad a game as that was for our Leafs, I really don't think Carolina grabbed hold of the reigns and dominated us.

We just couldn't make a pass last night, for whatever reason, and had so many icing calls throughout the game as a result of the poor passing.

What I didn't like though was the blatant non-calls on Bozak being slashed (stick broke in hand), Grabbo being tripped as he was trying to split the defense, and the goalie interference by Semin in the third period.

edit: also, the fact that Brent and Phaneuf didn't get coincidental penalties at the end of the period for their antics, just Phaneuf got penalized.

Refs do play to the home team at times.

Probably just me but I think it happens more south of the border where they have to protect the franchise from losing.

I agree some blatant, obvious, easy to call infractions were forgiven for the 'Canes. The slashed broken stick was an indication the refs were giving the 'Canes some freebies. It was in the play and blatant and there were two refs who must have been instructed how to call it.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
Refs do play to the home team at times.

Probably just me but I think it happens more south of the border where they have to protect the franchise from losing.

I agree some blatant, obvious, easy to call infractions were forgiven for the 'Canes. The slashed broken stick was an indication the refs were giving the 'Canes some freebies. It was in the play and blatant and there were two refs who must have been instructed how to call it.

I don't catch too many games beyond the border so I can't validate whether that's the case or not, but it certainly is a fair theory.

On a side note, I'm surprised Skinner survived last night.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't catch too many games beyond the border so I can't validate whether that's the case or not, but it certainly is a fair theory.

On a side note, I'm surprised Skinner survived last night.

His real strength is skating so with garbage ice it doesn't help him a great deal.

I think they(Leafs) escaped with no injuries?

That would be a positive.

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
probably one of the worst games i've seen Grabo play in a long time.

And MacArthur is playing like a guy who knows he has no future with the team - no effort whatsoever. I'd like to trade Mac now and call up Hamilton. At least Hamilton will play with some heart and determination

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

And MacArthur is playing like a guy who knows he has no future with the team - no effort whatsoever. I'd like to trade Mac now and call up Hamilton. At least Hamilton will play with some heart and determination

I feel the team is still in rebuilding stage, so I'd call up D'Amigo for the bottom of the line-up and to help with the PK, or Ashton if you want to try him in the top of the line-up. Top 6 / 9. Bottom 6/3.

EDDIE20*

Couldn't watch the game last night but a buddy told me the Leafs looked pretty flat. It happens.

That said, we can't be losing too many. Every point counts.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008

This, omg, I cannot stand MacArthur and the ****** has an "A"? Really? For what?

The guy doesn't do one thing well, the only player on the team that doesn't excel at one thing- even the goons can at least fight; Gunnarson at the very least has good defensive IQ; Franson at the very least has a great shot and reach; Grabo even through his point-getting ice-streak still works hard, backchecks, and buzzes; Fraser is tough as nails and works his ass off; Liles at least can pass the puck and QB a pp half-decently.

Can anyone tell me what MacArthur brings to the team the last season and a half? He had a great contract year after signing a 1yr deal when nobody wanted him, then proceeded to score a paltry 43pts on a solid line and pretty good minutes.

He doesn't hit or fight, he doesn't backcheck, he glides back; he doesn't forecheck well; he doesn't score (nearly at all); he doesn't skate particularly well; he doesn't have a good shot (constantly misses the net and isn't particularly hard); lacks hockey IQ; he isn't tough to play against at all.... I think all of our players possess at least ONE of these "skills". Please, Nonis, get rid of this stiff cadaver before he rots even more.

/rant.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Those passes back to defenders when they had chance to clear the puck from both of Grabo and Mac were very brutal.

So were icings, and so was coverage on the goals against.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Just checked capgeek, thank god MacArthur's contract is up at the end of this year, I can't wait until he and his 3.25m are off this team so someone who actually wants it can be called up. I'd rather Joe freakin Colborne up than see this guy plugging along

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad