2nd best player in the league!

Who is the 2nd best player in the league?

• Total voters

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Yeah, because polls with Matthews on hfboards always get it right. :laugh:

Not a single team takes Matthews over Barkov, not a single ranking by anyone involved in the game has Barkov over Matthews.

Not a single team takes matthews over barkov eh? I disagree but with matthews contract I can definitely see quite a few teams take barkov.

They are very close. The only ones who think otherwise are hard core leaf homers who have been wrong going on 50+ years lol

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Well, his 13 career Selke votes over 4 years don't really support your opinion, nor do they change mine.

Your opinion is not grounded in reality, so that's fine. By the way, two-way includes offense so you have the best goal scorer who's well above average defensively.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
McKinnon.

Draisaitl is great offensively and will get more points, but his defensive game is terrible. So for that reason, it's McKinnon.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Your opinion is not grounded in reality, so that's fine. By the way, two-way includes offense so you have the best goal scorer who's well above average defensively.
I agree with that take 100%. Elite offensively, above average defensively.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Pretty obviously between Mack and Drai, can’t go wrong with either. Hedman and Panarin follow up after those two.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I agree with that take 100%. Elite offensively, above average defensively.

I wonder why that only applies to Matthews? Draisaitl never got that benefit. And he's even better than Matthews offensively.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Yeah, because polls with Matthews on hfboards always get it right. :laugh:

Not a single team takes Matthews over Barkov, not a single ranking by anyone involved in the game has Barkov over Matthews.
And they would be wrong. It's no wonder cup champs recently have had two-way centers.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'll take Matthews. He might not be as good as an all-round player as Barkov or Mac but his finishing puts him ahead of them.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I wonder why that only applies to Matthews? Draisaitl never got that benefit. And he's even better than Matthews offensively.

Drai has gotten the benefit of being considered a centre his whole career while only spending a fraction of his time there.

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Drai has gotten the benefit of being considered a centre his whole career while only spending a fraction of his time there.
What on earth are you talking about? The biggest detraction against Draisaitl his whole career has been that many don't consider him a centre. While in reality he can play both C and W at a top 3 level which further increases his value.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
What if I told you the first and second best players in the league are both goalies?

It is by far the most evolved position in the game, and far ahead of the others in impact to the game.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Well then, players in what other position would you say have improved more in their respective jobs? Were you to compare them to their, say, 80's counterparts. Or 60's.

The players are of course a lot more skilled now as well, it just doesn't show when looking at points. Drop any random NHLer from the 80s into a NCAA game today and they would probably have no chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad