2nd best player in the league!

Who is the 2nd best player in the league?

• Total voters

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews is the 2nd best player in the NHL.

McDavid

Matthews
MacKinnon
Panarin
Kucherov

Reactions: lovemyleafs

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Its a tough decision between Mackinnon and Draisaitl. I've always said Mackinnon to this question before, but it's impossible to argue with the results that Draisaitl has been putting up for the past 3 years now, and the trophies that have coincided with that insane production.

I think Mackinnon needs to have his year, like Draisaitl did last year, where he sweeps the awards and the players see him at the best player and he can more unanimously be known as the 2nd best player in the league.

Kinda disingenuous that OP listed the reigning Hart, Art Ross, Lindsay who is currently 2nd in the league in points, as the last option for this poll- behind Marchand, Pastrnak, and Ovi who really don't belong in this conversation at all.

Really the front runner options for this poll are Draisaitl, Mackinnon or Hedman, they have a slight gap on the next tier of Kucherov/Crosby/Panarin/Kane

Last edited:

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Kinda disingenuous that OP listed the reigning Hart, Art Ross, Lindsay who is currently 2nd in the league in points, as the last option for this poll- behind Marchand, Pastrnak, and Ovi who really don't belong in this conversation at all.

The order listing honestly wasn't meant to imply who I think is best - it was just random. I'll update OP for clarity ^

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Mcdavid
Mackinnon
Draisaitl
Crosby
Hedman
Kucherov
Panarin
Matthews
the rest

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
McDavid
Mackinnon

Kucherov
Drai
Kane
Hedman

Crosby
Matthews
Panarin

Pastrnak

Marchand
Ovechkin

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Kucherov 128 poing ross hart win followed up by 34 points in 25 playoff games leading the playoffs and winning cup the next season....
You're conveniently leaving out the 2019-2020 season, where Kucherov had 85 points which wasn't even top 5 in points or top 10 in goals. Still had a great season, but hard to justify being the 2nd best player on the planet when an offensive winger playing on one of the most stacked teams in decades can't even be top of the charts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad