Post-Game Talk: #29 - 12/8/19 | RANGERS @ golden knights

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
end of a shift, he should have walked it right to the net lol. ok.
If he attempts that and turns it over, you’re killing him for that.
Like I said, not what you expect from a gamebreaker.
Not to mention, it probably took more energy for him to deliberately slow down to attempt the pass, than it would have been to keep going. What was he 15 feet from the net when he passed it? LOL

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Like I said, not what you expect from a gamebreaker.
Not to mention, it probably took more energy for him to deliberately slow down to attempt the pass, than it would have been to keep going. What was he 15 feet from the net when he passed it? LOL

Gamebreakers shouldn’t do dumb things, what you’re suggesting would be a dumb thing.

And no, more energy would have been expended if he tried to drive to the net.

Reactions: jas

Deleted member 23124

This Trouba of the past 2-3 weeks is the Trouba we thought we were getting from the Peg. It took him awhile to find his game as the light bulb finally has gone off but he has found his place in the lineup but he's been phenomenal lately and to think he's just 25, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the kind of productivity he will be providing for us for the next 5-7 years...I'm convinced of that.

He may not be Carlson who also took a few years to become the kind of Dman he is today but not many Dmen are. More and more game by game however Trouba is giving us the kind of top pairing production both offensively and defensively we haven't had in a very long time.

Once the Robertson's and Millers of the world come on board in the not so distant future, my lord we are going to have a defensive corps that will be the envy of the league. Fun and exciting times ahead for sure... :nod:
You keep mentioning Robertson....I take it you were impressed with him as well.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Gamebreakers shouldn’t do dumb things, what you’re suggesting would be a dumb thing.
Yeah, maybe you are right. It's dumb to finish a two on one. They come by so often, why not throw away the chance. What was I thinking? LOL!

Edit: Ok after reviewing the play, it was more a breakaway than a two on one. And he was looking to pass the whole way, when he had a quality chance to shoot from within the circle or take it to the net. And if you ask me, it was a missed opportunity. There's no way Panarin or Zibad would have passed up that chance.

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Clearly Georgiev saved the game in the beginning. Were it not for him, the results would be completely different. But I did like the fact that for a change, the team did not wilt and slowly but slowly stabilized.

Some of the overpassing is simply maddening.

When on the PP, I noticed that now all 3 starting righty defensemen (Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo) have scored by sneaking down from the point and banging home a puck from the corner of the goalmouth. The detective in me tells me that this is by design.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Clearly Georgiev saved the game in the beginning. Were it not for him, the results would be completely different. But I did like the fact that for a change, the team did not wilt and slowly but slowly stabilized.

I think that the Rangers' play getting better as the game went on, was also a direct result of Georgie saving the game early. Cause if Vegas scored on any of their quality chances early, the whole outlook would have changed. It's as if they had to step up, after what Georgie did.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rangers are one 4 or 5 game winning streak away from going into the 2nd half really giving themselves a legit shot at being a contender for playoff spot. They haven’t been able to put it together for a real stretch but it’s right there for the taking.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I
Why can't you respond in a respectful manner? You know it's possible to disagree and be mature, right?

As for your remarks, I care about what our prospects do at other levels. As any fan should. Shesty has shown he can dominate at every level he's played at. How is it his fault he hasn't gotten the chance to show that at the NHL level?

This isn't a knock on Georgiev. I just need to see a lot more than 56 games to anoint someone the future #1, especially when we have one of the best goalie prospects in the world dominating everywhere he's given a shot.
I don't feel my level of respect was any different than the one that started our interaction. I didn't mean to upset you. Please accept my apology.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Rangers are one 4 or 5 game winning streak away from going into the 2nd half really giving themselves a legit shot at being a contender for playoff spot. They haven’t been able to put it together for a real stretch but it’s right there for the taking.
What would be really unusual and exciting, is if after the trade deadline we didn't fall apart.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t see a huge sell off coming this year though. The only guys I see moving are Kreider and maybe Georgiev. I don’t think we’ll move Strome or Fast honestly.

I think Kreider gets replaced with Kravtsov or Lias who both or one at least has come around and are ready to go. I think Chytil or Lemieux get more powerplay time in Kreiders place. I think this young team gets better and better as the season goes along

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What would be really unusual and exciting, is if after the trade deadline we didn't fall apart.
If the Rangers ship out players like they did last year, I would not expect an uptick in play.

Let's face it. There are many possibilities as to players that can be moved. Subtract 2-4 forwards plus the possibility of a defenseman and or Georgiev, and the whole complexion would change.

Let' say the only trade Kreider and Fast. This is a vastly different team at that point.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don’t see a huge sell off coming this year though. The only guys I see moving are Kreider and maybe Georgiev.
That is a pretty huge sell off then. And the question was regarding what happens this year. Like it or not, simply taking away Kreider would have a pretty big impact on this team. Or so I believe.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I mean trading one skater is hardly a sell off. Let alone a huge one.

Trading a Goalie because you have a guy behind him you think is better is not a sell off. (If that ends up being the case)

the last two years now those were sell offs.

If they turn around and blow out fast Kreider Strome McKegg and Georgiev well then yes that’d be tough to come back from.

Deleted member 23124

I don’t see a huge sell off coming this year though. The only guys I see moving are Kreider and maybe Georgiev. I don’t think we’ll move Strome or Fast honestly.

I think Kreider gets replaced with Kravtsov or Lias who both or one at least has come around and are ready to go. I think Chytil or Lemieux get more powerplay time in Kreiders place. I think this young team gets better and better as the season goes along
I think Kravtsov will need another year of seasoning. Lias is an enigma at best.

The players on my "likeliest to be traded" are: Kreider, Fast, Buch and/or Strome. (I wouldn't be surprised to see Andersson traded either.)

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I only see Kreider being moved, and before the deadline so they have more time to adjust.

Strome maybe if they get blown away but I think he's a summer move. Georgeiv and Fast I don't seeing moved at all this season

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think Kravtsov will need another year of seasoning. Lias is an enigma at best.

The players on my "likeliest to be traded" are: Kreider, Fast, Buch and/or Strome.

if they move Buchy I believe it’ll be a hockey trade. Not a trade deadline recoup draft picks trade.

Strome isn’t going anywhere at least not this season.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007

If they move Georgie, I will be so upset. Restricted free agency what can he get? Can we not afford him? If we were to get Matthews in a trade then sure, otherwise hell no. Georgie is a star in the making. I have no doubts. Right now he is better than two thirds of the starting goalies in this league. He gets no support in front of him and shuts out teams. Only a handful of goalies could do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chytilmania

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way...

From the NYR Stat:

Over the last 11 games, #NYR have allowed 2.27 goals against per game and have successfully killed off 85.4% of their opponents' power plays (previously had allowed 3.61 goals against per game and killed off 72.9% of opponents' power plays in the first 18 games of the season).

they’re getting better.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
If the Rangers ship out players like they did last year, I would not expect an uptick in play.

Let's face it. There are many possibilities as to players that can be moved. Subtract 2-4 forwards plus the possibility of a defenseman and or Georgiev, and the whole complexion would change.

Let' say the only trade Kreider and Fast. This is a vastly different team at that point.
I disagree. We would miss Kreider's speed and Fast's reliability, but don't think it changes the make up of this team. Zibad was out for a month and we did fine. And it was thought that he was the one,.. that we could not do without, being we are weak up the middle.

I say we make the moves we need to make (Kreider, maybe Fast), but generally pass on being a seller.

Reactions: Maximus

Deleted member 23124

If they move Georgie, I will be so upset. Restricted free agency what can he get? Can we not afford him? If we were to get Matthews in a trade then sure, otherwise hell no. Georgie is a star in the making. I have no doubts.
I only see Kreider being moved, and before the deadline so they have more time to adjust.

Strome maybe if they get blown away but I think he's a summer move. Georgeiv and Fast I don't seeing moved at all this season
Fast is a UFA at end of season, so I think he's a TDL deal.....And we don't have much coming off the books. I think Kreider's cap hit can be split between Lemmy and ADA. That leaves Strome and Georgy as the remaining UFAs to be signed.

So unless we trade more than Kreids, we don't have much room to maneuver capwise.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Fast is a UFA at end of season, so I think he's a TDL deal.....And we don't have much coming off the books. I think Kreider's cap hit can be split between Lemmy and ADA. That leaves Strome and Georgy as the remaining UFAs to be signed.

So unless we trade more than Kreids, we don't have much room to maneuver capwise.
Disagree about Fast.

I don't see him traded, and I think he's re-signed for 2-3 years

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Fun bit of news, we are 4 points out of the wildcard. If the metro wasnt so tough, wed be in the playoffs

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think they keep Fast I’m just worried about how much they plan on giving him. I don’t think he’s worth more than he’s already getting. I don’t think he’s going anywhere at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad