Post-Game Talk: #29 - 12/8/19 | RANGERS @ golden knights

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
By the way...

From the NYR Stat:

Over the last 11 games, #NYR have allowed 2.27 goals against per game and have successfully killed off 85.4% of their opponents' power plays (previously had allowed 3.61 goals against per game and killed off 72.9% of opponents' power plays in the first 18 games of the season).

they’re getting better.
Quinn's fault!

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I haven't read the whole thread, but we all agree that Lemieux got high sticked in the chin and then started magically bleeding from his nose, right?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I believe that Reaves' stick pushed Lemieux's own stick into this face.
I thought it was Reeves' stick. On the LV broadcast while it was being reviewed they were just talking about Lemieux putting his hand up in the face of Reeves, like that would somehow negate the high stick. I mean if Lemieux hit himself with the stick, even if it was caused by Reeves, it's not a penalty, right? I thought the purpose of the review was just to determine whose stick caused the injury, and nothing else.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
But Lemieux never got hit in the nose. It hit him in the neck/chin. And he started bleeding from the nose.

My take - he either hit his nose on the ice when he went down, or did something more sinister when he was on the ice covering his face. :laugh:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
But Lemieux never got hit in the nose. It hit him in the neck/chin. And he started bleeding from the nose.

My take - he either hit his nose on the ice when he went down, or did something more sinister when he was on the ice covering his face. :laugh:

And I thought "blading" only happens in pro wrestling.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Rangers are one 4 or 5 game winning streak away from going into the 2nd half really giving themselves a legit shot at being a contender for playoff spot. They haven’t been able to put it together for a real stretch but it’s right there for the taking.

More than 2/3 of the league is a "contender for a playoff spot". Why do we want a worse pick?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
By the way...

From the NYR Stat:

Over the last 11 games, #NYR have allowed 2.27 goals against per game and have successfully killed off 85.4% of their opponents' power plays (previously had allowed 3.61 goals against per game and killed off 72.9% of opponents' power plays in the first 18 games of the season).

they’re getting better.

Georgiev?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Rangers are one 4 or 5 game winning streak away from going into the 2nd half really giving themselves a legit shot at being a contender for playoff spot. They haven’t been able to put it together for a real stretch but it’s right there for the taking.

I think we are like 12-7-3 the last 20. That is good for sure. That is 100 pts pace over 82. But we got some catching up to do from the start.

But sure, if we can have a really good stretch we could get into a good position.

I think we need to get great goaltending the rest of the way. If Geo and Hank both don’t have really good finishes to the season I doubt it will be enough.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You don't think a Mckegg could fill Fast's spot? Or maybe Gettinger? I like Fast but not over the others we need to sign. We will miss Kreider's speed the most. And his net front presence.
I think that neither McKegg nor Gettinger are fit to carry Fast's jockstrap. One is an at best 4th liner while Gettinger is a fringe player currently. The point was not whether or not someone likes or dislikes Fast. The point was what happens to this team's performance post TDL. My statement remains that if the team looses Kreider and Fast, performance will likely go south for the rest of the year. You are greatly underestimating what they do on the ice and the lockerroom.
Somebody else will likely be traded also cause we won't get squat for Kreids and Fast.
Kreider will likely get you a return that will look like what Hayes got and if Boyle can net two second round picks, what can Fast do?

Reactions: jas

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
btw it ceases to amaze me on how bad/slow/stiff Marc Staal has become.

He's not an NHL player. You could think the game as great as anyone but if you're not physically capable... you're not an NHL player.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Love HF. Where tearing it up in every league but the NHL is greater than tearing it up in the NHL.
Puh-tenn-shuuulll...
Everytime someone starts with loving and harmony, well, sometime it doesn't go there.

Kill irony with fire. Let's just fight.

Reactions: Whoot Whoot

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
btw it ceases to amaze me on how bad/slow/stiff Marc Staal has become.

He's not an NHL player. You could think the game as great as anyone but if you're not physically capable... you're not an NHL player.

He had to stick his arm out to interfere Ryan Reaves as they chased the puck for an icing. Ryan Reaves he had to interfere.

Reactions: egelband

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
At least Kakko is scoring at a decent clip.

You can teach anyone with pro-level skill how to play the right way. You can't make guys score.
Wasn't he shooting a few times? I only see the highlights but it was the first time in a while I'm not telling the screen bad things I regret

IT SHOOTS THE PUCK OR IT GETS THE HOSE and so forth

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wasn't he shooting a few times? I only see the highlights but it was the first time in a while I'm not telling the screen bad things I regret

IT SHOOTS THE PUCK OR IT GETS THE HOSE and so forth
Yeah he let it rip a few times. His shot needs a bit of polish but I don't mind his selection.

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad