Post-Game Talk: #29 - 12/8/19 | RANGERS @ golden knights

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You guys gotta stop with this idea that they’re gonna run a three headed goalie monster. That’s not going to happen. That’s not conducive to success for any of the goalie involved. It’s a Cap issue as well. s
I mentioned 3 goalies but honestly idc. It's not something that I put any thought into bc I don't see it as worth worrying about. Hank is gone after next year, we have control of these other goalies beyond that. If being part of a 3 goalie monster causes one of them to be permanently damaged as a player or something then it's likely they weren't cut out for the job in the first place. I'm happy we have this problem. I don't think we'll need the cap either. If we do then we know who will get the boot.

We have 16 M for Strome, Lemieux, Fast, Geo and ADA. That's more than enough. Outside of them we have Kreider and 4th line bums to sign. If Strome and Kreider get traded then c'est la vie. Get picks and 1 or two prospects who are close to NHL ready if you can. It's possible to get rid of at least half of Staal, Smith or Hank for an extra 2-4 M if we really really need it. 2021-2022 is when we really need the cap space and that's when we'll have it.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
From the opening of the game, when i saw that smith breakaway, i was like oh shit were f***ed! What do i know huh? 1. Georgie 2. Panarin (gwg) 3. Troubs. Skjei had some lapses but played decent, i thought staal did passable, he did break up one play and he got an assist! Lindgren and fox as always pretty solid. I want these lines to mesh a little, but even tho kreids scored, idk if we are gonna get that 1st round + return, so id package him. Georgie makes the decision tough, but i wanna see if he can keep it up and id still trade him. Hanks contract being there is why.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hope you guys don't mind me dropping in here to ask this, but will Fox and DeAngelo continue to swap roles on that first unit PP? Asking for selfish fantasy reasons of course.
From what Quinn said in the postgame he said lines will stay the same for the Kings game. I guess after that who knows he does like to change up combos quite a bit. I expect both ADA and Fox to be very close in point production rest of the way. Could be great to see Trouba get 40-45, ADA 45-50 and Fox 40-45 and Skjei/Lindgren chipping in 15-20 points each.

Reactions: Maximus

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They’re not going to pay hank and georgiev that’s what it really comes down too. They’ll be over 10 mil in net easy.

they’ve invested a lot in Shesterkin who’s come over and frankly has dominated. I mean really dominated. He’s probably the best goalie of the 3 right now and doesn’t have the highs and lows Georgiev does.

hank is easily the one that should go but he it’s not that simple obviously. So we’re going to have to move Georgiev which we don’t want to do. But we didn’t want to move Talbot or Raanta either.

It's really something that JG may have to be yet again busy at the TDL. With the goaltending situation and even guys like Strome who are having a terrific year depending on where we stand in the standings JG may be busy again.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
From what Quinn said in the postgame he said lines will stay the same for the Kings game. I guess after that who knows he does like to change up combos quite a bit. I expect both ADA and Fox to be very close in point production rest of the way. Could be great to see Trouba get 40-45, ADA 45-50 and Fox 40-45 and Skjei/Lindgren chipping in 15-20 points each.
My prediction is:

ADA - 53
Fox - 53
Trouba - 40
Skjei - 32
Lindgren - 20

Would be awesome having five d-men with at least 20 points each. Crazy thing is, they can all defend at least pretty well too.

Reactions: Maximus and bl02

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
My lord do the Rangers win the weirdest oddest most bizarre type of games or what...it's f***ing nutso??

And by the way, I'm ashamed at myself for ever thinking that the idea of trading Georgie might be a good idea...it's not!!...lol

I don't know who said it but I think it was @Crease who said it earlier in the thread and he's 1000% correctumondo as I've been thinking the same thing. Our Rangers have a very very nice and wonderful problem...we have too many damn good goalies.

90% of the of the league would love to have this "problem" we have and tho we don't need to address it now, it's going to eventually need to be dealt with. But my lord Georgie has been fantabulous and if I'm Quinn, I let him run with the gig for awhile and let Hankie get a game or two here and there.

Not trying to rush things at all and this is not a slight in the least at the King but the torch needs to be "officially" passed on and now is as good a time as ever...Georgie deserves it!!...:nod:

Oh and PS...I think I can count on one hand the times I haven't voted for Bread as one of the top 3 stars of any game this season win or lose...he's simply been everything we could have possibly asked for and more!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 23124

Don't wanna be the one to say it, but Hank might want to see if he's willing to chase that cup somewhere because keeping Georgiev and Shesterkin might be the teams top priority going into next season
I think they'd have better luck convincing him to retire. The fact that he refused a trade after The Letter says he intends to finish his career as a NY Ranger. While adding a Cup to his resume would certainly make things look better, I don't think it's a big concern for him any longer.

Reactions: Maximus

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Fun fact- the Rangers haven't had two defensemen score 40+ points in a single season since 1993-94. That was the year Leetch and Zubov were both PPG players.

I can't even imagine how many years since we've had three.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
I think they'd have better luck convincing him to retire. The fact that he refused a trade after The Letter says he intends to finish his career as a NY Ranger. While adding a Cup to his resume would certainly make things look better, I don't think it's a big concern for him any longer.

Agreed, I think being a Rangers lifer is very important to him and he doesn't want to give that up for a small chance at winning a cup elsewhere.

Deleted member 23124

Fun fact- the Rangers haven't had two defensemen score 40+ points in a single season since 1993-94. That was the year Leetch and Zubov were both PPG players.

I can't even imagine how many years since we've had three.
Thanks for the interesting research project. I started with the 1968-69 season. Between then and now, there were only 3 seasons where 3 defenseman scored 40+ points:

1976-77:

Vadnais
Greschner
McEwan

1978-79:

Vadnais
Greschner
McEwan

1985-86:

Rexi
Greschner
James Patrick

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Trouba will wear a letter soon by the way. Man is that guy a stud.

back up to like a 50 pt pace no? And that’s without first PP mins

This Trouba of the past 2-3 weeks is the Trouba we thought we were getting from the Peg. It took him awhile to find his game as the light bulb finally has gone off but he has found his place in the lineup but he's been phenomenal lately and to think he's just 25, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the kind of productivity he will be providing for us for the next 5-7 years...I'm convinced of that.

He may not be Carlson who also took a few years to become the kind of Dman he is today but not many Dmen are. More and more game by game however Trouba is giving us the kind of top pairing production both offensively and defensively we haven't had in a very long time.

Once the Robertson's and Millers of the world come on board in the not so distant future, my lord we are going to have a defensive corps that will be the envy of the league. Fun and exciting times ahead for sure... :nod:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Good points and just like the "problem" we kind of have at goaltender, imagine the "problem" we are going to have with our defensive corps once Miller and Robertson start being able to grow facial hair and be able to get drinks served to them legally?...lol

Reactions: egelband and bl02

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
life after hank...

20 years ago the "Quality control cutoff" was .900 sv and 3.00 gaa. Back when Hasek putting up .920 seasons was an unprecedented feat.

Nowadays it's arguably .915 and 2.60

Hanks numbers have looked somewhat stagnant, but the league's goalies have improved around him. He's at average starter level now.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Deleted member 23124

This Trouba of the past 2-3 weeks is the Trouba we thought we were getting from the Peg. It took him awhile to find his game as the light bulb finally has gone off but he has found his place in the lineup but he's been phenomenal lately and to think he's just 25, this is just the tip of the iceberg of the kind of productivity he will be providing for us for the next 5-7 years...I'm convinced of that.

He may not be Carlson who also took a few years to become the kind of Dman he is today but not many Dmen are. More and more game by game however Trouba is giving us the kind of top pairing production both offensively and defensively we haven't had in a very long time.

Once the Robertson's and Millers of the world come on board in the not so distant future, my lord we are going to have a defensive corps that will be the envy of the league. Fun and exciting times ahead for sure... :nod:
When the "chatter" started about him, I watched some Peg games to get a sense of him....I don't ever recall him playing this well....as a matter of fact, I didn't think it would work out well at all..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad